“The Only Place to Stay in Panama City!”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama
Ranked #21 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed at the Trump Hotel in June 2013 for 4 nights for my bachelor party (8 people total). I cannot express how pleased I was with the service, rooms and amenities offered by the hotel.

Before we arrived from the States, I booked a "fishing" charter through the hotel with a company that they had apparently used before. Unfortunately, our "fishing" trip turned out to be an absolute disaster, given that we were on a para-sailing boat without proper fishing equipment or bait, and the boat broke down about 4-5 miles out and we were stranded at sea for six hours until we shot off flares to attract a local ferry. Given that Panamanians on the boat did not speak English, we called the Trump Hotel concierge to alert them of our situation (that we were stranded) and to get them to translate what the guys on the boat were saying. A long story short, we finally hitched a ride on a local ferry and left these guys out at sea.....

When the ferry arrived, the Trump had sent a car to pick us up and bring us back to the hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were all fairly agitated from our ordeal and I asked to speak with the manager to discuss my grievances. I was immediately met by Daimon Vasquez, who sat down with us and listened to our entire story and quickly offered to resolve the issue. Immediately, and without question, he refunded all of the money that we spent on the charter, cabs, marina fees, food/beer (which was left at sea) and assured me that the Trump would never use this Captain again. He also offered us a complimentary tour of the Canal and Casco Viejo the next day with one of the absolute BEST tour operators in Panama City (Omar from PBA Panama Holding Group - www.pba-panama.com). Additionally, when I got to my room, there was a bottle of wine, cheese plate, fruit plate and handwritten apology note for our inconvenience.

While we did have a very unfortunate issue with our "fishing" charter, the Trump handled everything appropriately, quickly and in a manner that I would expect from a five-star hotel. Our entire group was extremely pleased with the hotel's response and their willingness to go above and beyond to correct the problem. Additionally, I was personally extremely impressed with Daimon and the way that he handled the entire situation - professional and efficient.

I can assure you that this will be the only hotel I stay at in the future when I travel to Panama City - 100% top-notch service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JH12345_12
TOCGM, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear JH12345_12

Thank you for your recent stay at the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for sharing your review.

We are very happy that we were able to resolve the unfortunate situation and help you and your group enjoy the rest of your stay. We do hope to welcome you back very soon. Until then, we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Talk about being pampered, including a chocolate on your pillow every night. Very well located, since it has a free shuttle service to the major shopping malls. Panama is not very big so getting around in a taxi is lots of fun and easy to get right outside of the Hotel beautiful view, good restaurants and an infinity pool you can enjoy looking out over the Panama bay. Very attentive personnel, very nice rooms and excellent showers!!! You even get to keep your slippers for free!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear MBN1955,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for sharing your review.

I am pleased that the amenities, location and staff all contributed to an enjoyable stay for you while in Panama. Our commitment to excellence is meant to provide you with this very memorable experience.

We do hope to welcome you back again very soon. Until then, we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

As you would expect from a Trump property, this hotel is true decadence for such an affordable price! The staff were phenomenal - service outstanding! The restaurants serve first class sizeable and reasonably priced cuisine in three gorgeously presented restaurants and the bar and cigar lounge is a great place to relax in the evenings! The rooms are very modern and beautifully presented. We booked an ocean facing room which was stunning to wake up to on our big balcony! The pool area is extremely hip with fantastic cocktails and cool tunes and poolside food. Very hip, luxurious and fun hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear BecMchugh17,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am happy you enjoyed all the amenities throughout the property and that our commitment to exceptional service contributed to an enjoyable stay for you while in Panama.

We do hope to welcome you back soon. Until then, we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Beautiful hotel ... there's no doubt about that. however once you dig deeper there were definite problems ... first i didn't like the area, it was super isolated from the rest of the city. i came back to my room at midnight on my second night there and had no electric except the phone was working, called up and said i was in the dark, and 20 minutes later noone had come. had to call again and finally maintenance got a few lights on for me so i could get ready for bed ... the next morning the internet was down ... then the next day i wanted an espresso (yes it was very cool to have my own espresso machine) but housekeeping didn't refill the box, so i had to call for more. ran out again two days later and it took 3 calls to the front desk to get refills. also one morning they missed my dual wakeup calls ... both of them !! finally, i had left my bathing suit on the chair of the balcony and a storm blew in that day. when i got back the suit was no longer there so i called the desk to see if maybe housekeeping brought it back in for me and put it somewhere. they sent someone up to investigate and she said she would get back to me but never did ... just too many issues for a place of this caliber ...

Room Tip: Higher is better ....
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
TOCGM, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Nycshiv1,

Thank you for recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club Panama. We appreciate your business and the time you have taken to share your review.

I’m very sorry to hear about your disappointing experience during your last stay. We certainly want to make this up to you. Nadezhka Veliz, our attaché Manager will be in contact with you to see about your future plans for Panama. We do hope to welcome you back to the Trump Ocean Club soon and to drastically improve on your experience with our team and property.

Thank you in advance for another opportunity to provide you with the service and amenities you expect and deserve. Until then, we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed at Trump Panama with family for a few days in June 2013. The hotel is quiet nice. We had a room with two double beds and it was adequate. Bedding was some of the nicest bedding I've ever slept on. Every room in the hotel is ocean view; however, it's an angled ocean view, but still decent. The view itself is of Panama Bay, which is fine in high tide, but full of muddy patches and rock in low tide (most of the day). Nothing Trump Panama can do about that - Panama Bay has always been that way and always will. The good thing is that the way the hotel is situated, the muddy mess does not have a detrimental effect on your stay. The pool deck is on the 13th floor and has two beautiful infinity pools facing the bay, plus a couple smaller pools. There's no hot tub, which would have been a good addition. The infinity pools are quite large - I would guess at least 25 yards in length, so decent enough for a workout if you're into swimming laps.

Rooms: As mentioned, the bedding was great. Housekeeping did a great job every day. Each room has a Nespresso machine - that was kind of nice. There's also a large in-room safe that easily fits a laptop and more. Free Wi-Fi throughout. Open-air balconies. TV was not very good as far as channel availability - mostly local channels. I would've though Trump would've opted for the DirecTV service, but no. I also didn't notice an iron or ironing board int he room, but I'm sure if you called and asked for it, they'd bring it.

Service: No issues with service at this hotel. Everyone was professional and courteous.

Restaurants: They have a restaurant on the pool deck that has a decent menu - think snack foods, etc (burgers, nachos, etc). The only other restaurant we ate at was Barcelona where we had breakfast every morning. It was a buffet and the food was outstanding. A very good selection of foods to choose from. The service was also outstanding. I'd particularly like to recognize Joel Altamiranda - he was our waiter on multiple days and did an outstanding, attentive job. There is another restaurant called Tejas, but we never ate there.

The hotel location is not bad, but there's not much within walking distance. If you needed any grocery items, there is a Super 99 grocery store about 5 minutes away. In that plaza, there's also a Mexican restaurant and a Baskin Robbins. Otherwise, you need to take a taxi somewhere. The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle service to a couple nearby local malls, but the service only runs till 5pm, so it's not useful for going out to dinner.

Taxis: Like others have commented, taking taxis from the hotel will cost you. You're staying at the Trump, so the drivers know that and will gouge you. Don't fight it - that's just the way it is. If you want a bargain, you can walk down the road a block and flag down any yellow cab off the street and it'll cost you a fraction of using the Trump service or taxis directly in front of Trump. Others have suggested taking the free shuttle to Multiplaza mall a few blocks away and taking taxis from there. You can do that too. For airport transport, if you take the Trump service, expect to pay $50 one way for a family of four. A normal taxi would charge you $20, but like I said, it is what it is. If you have luggage, you're unlikely to go walking to seek a cheaper option, so prepare to suck it up for the trip back to the airport. The good thing is the drivers are professional, they drive cautiously (unlike the taxi drivers), and they have clean vehicles that are large enough to accommodate your luggage.

Would definitely stay here again. It is good for adults or families.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Bill C,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Trump Ocean Club and for taking the time to share this detailed and very complimentary review.

I am happy to know that you and you family enjoyed your stay and that we will have the chance to welcome you back for another visit.

Until then we wish you and your family safe travels.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Trump Ocean Club is a panoramic experience with an amazing city view along a stretch of ocean that looks out towards the Pearl Islands with the modern landscape of the city. As a repeat customer I always enjoy complimentary services and the have many! Wi-Fi, Attaché services, business center, fitness center with Pilate classes, pools overlooking the ocean and free shuttle service to MultiPlaza shopping center.

All the dining options are great. Dined at Barcelona that offers both indoor and outdoor seating, where I enjoyed both buffet breakfast and the best Sunday Brunch in Panama City! Tejas offers great seafood and Cava 15 is warm, intimate bar. Enjoyed having a drink at the Azul ocean terrace is relaxing, and the In Room dining was superb!

Though I prefer smaller, boutique hotels, the Trump Brand is living up to its name and compliments my business needs. At arrival I was greeted by name by Bell Staff to a flawless check in at Front Desk, housekeeping is always attentive, room service was, “Wow”! The eager and friendly staff recognized an iconic celebration, and my stay was elevated in every way.

The room was stunning, comfortable, with a complimentary espresso machine, and a balcony with an ocean view, what is not to like! Baths are a luxury for me, so I enjoyed that nightly.

There was mention of some new venues coming soon such as a beach club with a water shuttle to the Pearl Islands, Spa and Casino. Those will top off the Trump experience !

Most of all, my comment is the superb customer service at all levels, including security when I needed them. Someone is doing something right at Trump, by getting the right people, from the bottom to the top! Service at this level is not common in Panama City. No doubt I will keep coming back on my next business trip!

Room Tip: If you love a bubble bath, you will enjoy rooms offering this luxury.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Wold
TOCGM, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Wold,

Thank you for your recent stay at our Trump Ocean Club in Panama.

I greatly appreciate your extensive review highlighting all the luxury amenities you enjoyed during your stay. I am happy you were pleased the personalized service beginning with your arrival, throughout the property and especially having your iconic celebration perfectly complimented by our attaché services. Our goal is to provide you with a unique experience and service level that you expect and deserve. I am happy to know you were able to appreciate this offering throughout your stay.

We do hope to welcome you back very soon. By the time you return we hope to have launched the beach club, casino and spa you mentioned. Adding these amenities to our menu of services available to you will be an exciting and much anticipated celebration in itself. Until then, safe travels and all the best in your endeavors

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had a wonderful visit. Yes, we thought the shower was oddly placed and wondered if any of the Trumps would have enjoyed it! The toilet was possibly worse, even though it was farther away from the bed, it was in a frosted glass enclosure that did nothing but echo nature's sounds. Hard to imagine sharing a room with a business associate or even my mother! The room service breakfast was amazing! Everything was presented in a lovely manner and at a good price. We loved it and even saved a lot of the fruit to enjoy after our swim. The closet is spacious but the rack above the hanging rod was missing dowels (looked like the were purposely removed) but it allowed items to slip through and fall below. We enjoyed the pool only in the morning as by afternoon, the clouds and wind made it not as enjoyable. Surprisingly, there was no jacuzzi. Pizza at the pool was delicious and well priced. We couldn't understand why our bill was so high.....wine....$12 a glass! Lesson learned to ask for the house wine. We also had breakfast at Tapas one day but would actually prefer the room service. We would not stay here again as the views are being blocked by new construction right next door and lets face it, I would rather stay at grandma's just for the bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank McMullen8
TOCGM, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Dear McMullen8,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club. We appreciate your business as well as the time you have taken to share your review.

It is great to know you enjoyed the gastronomic offerings throughout the property and that you enjoyed your visit overall. We apologize for the minor inconveniences that at times can make a huge impact such as that missing dowel in the closet and the city setting that blocked part of your desired views.

We do hope to welcome you back very soon. While we would not dare compete with family we do hope that if you choose grandmother’s over us, that you will bring grandmother along with you for a gastronomic adventure while in Panama.

Thank you again for your review. We wish you safe travels and a quick return to Panama.