I stayed at the Trump Hotel in June 2013 for 4 nights for my bachelor party (8 people total). I cannot express how pleased I was with the service, rooms and amenities offered by the hotel.
Before we arrived from the States, I booked a "fishing" charter through the hotel with a company that they had apparently used before. Unfortunately, our "fishing" trip turned out to be an absolute disaster, given that we were on a para-sailing boat without proper fishing equipment or bait, and the boat broke down about 4-5 miles out and we were stranded at sea for six hours until we shot off flares to attract a local ferry. Given that Panamanians on the boat did not speak English, we called the Trump Hotel concierge to alert them of our situation (that we were stranded) and to get them to translate what the guys on the boat were saying. A long story short, we finally hitched a ride on a local ferry and left these guys out at sea.....
When the ferry arrived, the Trump had sent a car to pick us up and bring us back to the hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were all fairly agitated from our ordeal and I asked to speak with the manager to discuss my grievances. I was immediately met by Daimon Vasquez, who sat down with us and listened to our entire story and quickly offered to resolve the issue. Immediately, and without question, he refunded all of the money that we spent on the charter, cabs, marina fees, food/beer (which was left at sea) and assured me that the Trump would never use this Captain again. He also offered us a complimentary tour of the Canal and Casco Viejo the next day with one of the absolute BEST tour operators in Panama City (Omar from PBA Panama Holding Group - www.pba-panama.com). Additionally, when I got to my room, there was a bottle of wine, cheese plate, fruit plate and handwritten apology note for our inconvenience.
While we did have a very unfortunate issue with our "fishing" charter, the Trump handled everything appropriately, quickly and in a manner that I would expect from a five-star hotel. Our entire group was extremely pleased with the hotel's response and their willingness to go above and beyond to correct the problem. Additionally, I was personally extremely impressed with Daimon and the way that he handled the entire situation - professional and efficient.
I can assure you that this will be the only hotel I stay at in the future when I travel to Panama City - 100% top-notch service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising seventy stories above Panama Bay along Punta Pacifica's pristine peninsula, Trump Ocean Club® International Hotel & Tower Panama unites exclusive amenities, innovative accommodations and the signature services of Trump Attaché™. Steps from Punta Pacifica's sophisticated shops and nightlife, just five minutes from the financial district and minutes from Panama City—you have found the perfect setting to unite business with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump Ocean Club International Hotel And Tower Panama
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama Panama City