The Bahia Grand Panama
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Plaza Paitilla Inn(Panama City)
View Hotel
Hotel Las Americas Golden Tower Panama(Panama City)
View Hotel
Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis(Panama City)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Aloft Panama(Panama City)
2,150 results
All reviewstrump ocean clubtrump hotelbarcelona restauranttejas restaurantinfinity poolpunta pacificaroom serviceocean viewwine barbeautiful hotelturn down servicehotel lobbybreakfast buffetfree shuttlemultiplaza mallrooms are nicecasco viejo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2013

After reading many hotel reviews on TripAdvisor for my vacation to Panama, I narrowed down my choices to the Waldorf Astoria and the Trump Ocean Club. I could not have been happier with my choice to stay at the Trump! The main reason I chose the Trump was because of the pool area. The pool is located on the 13th floor overlooking the ocean. There are 2 different pool areas so if you don't want to get too much sun, one side is much more shaded. Azul, the pool bar and restaurant, was fantastic! There were many choices of food and drink. Everything that I tried was very good. In addition to Azul, there were 3 other restaurant/bar choices in the hotel: Barcelona, Tejas and Cava 15. I tried all the restaurants and the food was top notch. I especially liked Cava because Virgilio Jack and Milton Smith were great bartenders and hosts! My room was on the 33rd floor and I had a beautiful view of the ocean. The room was beautifully decorated, clean and the bed was to die for. I almost didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. As with other reviews of this hotel, the employees were all very nice and helpful. Service at the pool restaurant was a little slow, only because there were not enough servers for the amount of people. Even though the hotel taxis were a little more expensive, I did use them over the city taxis. I was by myself and I felt more comfortable seeing the same faces taking me and picking me. Overall, The Trump Ocean Club did everything right and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CaribbeanQueen09
TOCGM, General Manager at The Bahia Grand Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear CaribbeanQueen09,

Thank you for choosing the Trump Ocean Club for your luxury accommodations during your recent visit to Panama and for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to know we exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with your decision.

It is great to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your guest room, pool, the views and gastronomic offerings. I am glad that our team was successful in providing you with the service level you expected and deserve. We will certainly commend Virgilio Jack and Milton Smith for their outstanding efforts. Feedback like yours truly inspires our entire team in our continuous pursuit of excellence in everything we do.

Thank you again for your visit. We hope to welcome you back again soon and look forward to personalizing your next visit when your travels bring you back into Panama.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Highly recommend! Exceptional service from the moment we pulled up until the moment we left. Rooms were modern in décor, well equipped and a extremely comfortable bed.

We were somewhat disappointed with our dinner at the Tejas Restaurant. The food did not live up to our expectations.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tripin123

Thank you for your choosing the Trump Ocean Club for your accommodations of choice while visiting Panama recently. Thank, you as well, for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to know you enjoyed the property, in particular its distinct architecture and breathtaking views. This setting is designed to inspire you into a mode of relaxation. I hope you were able to do so.

On the other hand, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations with your dinner at the Tejas Restaurant. I certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and improve on this experience for you. Please do let me know when you are able to make it back for another visit. Until then, we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed in Trump on business travel during last week of May 2013, and absolutely loved it. Room was bit smaller than expected but it was not so important as I was not in the room too much anyway. Bed was comfortable, had always fresh water, coffee and clean towels in the room and breakfast in the morning was fantastic - lot of choice, very helpful staff..staying there was great plus beautiful sunset in the morning (partially thanks to my jet-lag), but cannot find anything that was wrong! Room was clean and temperature was left as I adjusted it. Pool has really nice restaurants and I recommend to visit them all. Really liked to swim each morning in the infinity pool overlooking bay and offering beautiful scenery.
Hotel is close to one of biggest malls and easy to reach it from hotel.
Tip would definitely be to use your Spanish as much as you can (as have noticed that English is not stronger side for most people) and to stop cabs outside hotel (nearby roundabout) otherwise they will try to rip you off!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view - but not ones looking towards airport but other side :D
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Marcella J,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to know that our setting and service were able to help you enjoy your business trip.

We do hope to welcome you back very soon, business or pleasure, to build on this experience at the Trump Ocean Club. Until then, we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Highly recommended!!
I arrived early on Saturday and they were able to stored my luggage up to the check in. Time.... But because the room was ready they allowed us to use the room since almost 10am!!

Every single person that I was in contact inside the hotel was in a good mode and with a very positive environment. From the time of the airport pick up, with Bob!! At that moment I realized that was a good decision to visit Panama! Wilson and Jose at the entrance of the hotel, Paul, Moises, Victor at Barcelona restaurant spectacular!!! The food was delicious... They have a great breakfast buffet (no expensive at all)

Edwin at the concierge!! The best of the best, he planned our agenda in a perfect way.

Highly recommend place to stay and return!! Please do not miss the Panama Canal but the TRANSIT one!!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Myrna S
TOCGM, General Manager at The Bahia Grand Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Myrna S,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your enthusiastic review of your experience while with us.

We are happy to know your stay was a pleasant one and that the service you received helped in making your trip enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Please let us know when you are planning another visit. We would like to personalize your next stay with us making it an even more memorable experience than the last. Until then, we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I enjoyed the service, room, and location. The staff was very helpful and eager to please. I was especially pleased to have access to the computer room! What a relief it was to access my email and the Internet. The room was beautiful. The door to the balcony cancelled out all of the city noise, but was unable to filter out noisy neigbors on the adjacent balcony. It was still a very comfortable room and great service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
TOCGM, General Manager at The Bahia Grand Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Janice M,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am happy our business center provided you with your needed computer access and that our staff was helpful in creating an enjoyable experience for you during your stay.

We do hope to welcome you back very soon. At which time, we will do our best to strategize your neighboring rooms with a less boisterous guests.

Thank you again for your visit and your review.