The Bahia Grand Panama
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Plaza Paitilla Inn(Panama City)
View Hotel
Hotel Las Americas Golden Tower Panama(Panama City)
View Hotel
Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis(Panama City)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Aloft Panama(Panama City)
2,150 results
All reviewstrump ocean clubtrump hotelbarcelona restauranttejas restaurantinfinity poolpunta pacificaroom serviceocean viewwine barbeautiful hotelturn down servicehotel lobbybreakfast buffetfree shuttlemultiplaza mallrooms are nicecasco viejo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This place was on our pre-cruise itinerary, so we did not choose it. Our room was on the 31st floor overlooking the Pacific, great view, BUT ... The room had a bathtub in it, with a curtain to envelope it – was kind of strange having it in the room, rather than in a bathroom. We put our excess pillows and covers in it. There was a shower stall and a toilet, each in separate enclosures. These enclosures were not very private - they were just stalls with a glass door that closed with a gap opening of about an inch, so sound carried into the room. The toilet bowl was not very clean - felt like the room had not been used in a long time. Staff was nice, but this supposedly 5 star hotel was overrated, in my opinion. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
TOCGM, General Manager at The Bahia Grand Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Virginia A,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the view from your room on the 31st level. On the other hand, I am sorry there were areas of disappointment in your guest room offerings and design. We do hope to welcome you back and improve on this experience. Please do let us know if we can help plan your next trip to Panama and provide you with a guest room with a design that is more pleasing and better prepared for your visit.

For now, we wish you safe travels and look forward to your return to Panama very soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

It pains me to give this hotel such high remarks as I am not a fan of D. Trump. However, I just completed a four night stay and it was very, very good.

We experienced excellent service at every turn. From the front entrance to the pool, the staff was on point, friendly, and accomodating.

My room was nice, with a view of the water. I thought the overly soft bed would cause my back to ache, but I slept very well with no issues. As mentioned by others, the bathtub is kind of in the middle of the room and it's weird. I was certain that I would fall into the tub during a middle of the night walk to the toilet, but I was so hyper aware of its presence that it never caused a problem.

We ate at Barcelona for breakfast each day and I would rate this as the least exceptional part of the hotel. It is completely fine, but was a step lower in quality than the rest of the hotel.

Normally I don't have time to visit the pool, this was a business trip, but I had some free time and made my way out to the pool area. The seating was plentiful and the drinks were REALLY good. Also, the fish tacos were crazy delicious.

So, the Donald has a good thing going here. I don't like him, but I did enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kerrieat,

I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you were met with the service and amenities you expect and deserve. It is great news that you even had time to enjoy the pool deck amongst your busy business schedule. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon. Please do let us know when you want to plan your next trip to Panama. We would like to personalize each visit for you, making each stay with us even more enjoyable than the last.

Until then, we wish you many more safe travels.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great service, spotless hotel, good restaurants, great views. Most staff spoke at least some English. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.I requested early check-in and late check-out ahead of time and they accommodated both requests!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
TOCGM, General Manager at The Bahia Grand Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Susan S,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your kind and complimentary review.

I am happy you were met with the service and amenities you expected and deserve from your visit to our property. We hope to welcome you back very soon and to make every visit with us even better than the last.

Until then, we wish you many more safe travels.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We just returned from our first stay at the Trump Ocean Club in Panama. We chose it because it's rated 5-stars and part of American Express' Fine hotels and Resorts. It definitely earned 5-stars for it's service personnel (excluding the non-existant concierge), but the stars stop there. When we checked in at 3:35pm, our Junior Sutie wasn't ready so they offered to upgrade us to an Executive Suite. After confirming that the Executive Suite had the same view as the Junior Suite, we graciously accepted the upgrade, but still had to wait 25 minutes until that room was ready. Let me start at the beginning. We arranged for pick up from the airport to the hotel with the hotel's car service. That worked out wonderfully. The driver was waiting with a sign and promptly escorted us to the comfortable and large car for the ride to the hotel. Upon check-in, we were greeted by a bellhop who provided cool towels to use on our hands and face. no sooner did we replace the used towels back on the tray the bellhop was holding and another bellhop was right on que to provide us with cool bottled water. Real impressive!! While waiting for our room, we went to the Concierge desk to make some arrangements. The Concierge wasn't there and we were told to just call from our room phone to contact him. Once we checked into our room, the excitement started to wear off. We ventured down to the pool area and couldn't find 2 chairs together outside by the pool (and they have 5 pools!) The water in the infinity pools was so cold you couldn't get in, but it was beautiful to look at. The room was spacious and even provided a Nespresso maker (that was the hi-light of my husband's stay). The worst experience regarding the room was the toilet paper. Yes, toilet paper. It was akin to sandpaper. I can not believe the Trump Ocean Club would actually put such sub-standard products in their rooms. Getting back to the Concierge, after making 2 phone calls and having no one answer the phone, we finally found the Concierge after dinner (around 9pm.) We asked him to schedule a car service for the following day at 11am and he said "no problem." In retrospect, he didn't write anything down or make any phone calls. We found out the next morning that the arrangements were never made. The dinner at Tejas (in the hotel) was a real let down. We ordered the Snapper in Coconut Milk and Mahi-Mahi. They returned to inform us they didn't have any Mahi-Mahi so we changed our order to Grouper. The food was horrendous! But again, the service was good.The only thing we ordered and actually enjoyed was the 4-milk cake for dessert. It was something different for us and we really enjoyed the flavor. Buffet breakfast was your standard and ordinary food, but I again, I will repeat myself, the service was good! To sum it all up - Wonderful service, but not a place we would go back to again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lynn F

Dear Lynn F,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your thorough review.

Firstly, we are pleased that you were greeted with the service level you expected and deserve upon your arrival to Panama and to our property. I am very sorry, however, for the inconveniences you encountered during other segments of your stay.

We are continuously working to improve on our commitment to provide you and all Trump Ocean Club guests with the upmost in service and amenities. We appreciate each review and act on what we can with earnest intent to improve on your every experience with us. Your comment has prompted us to check on our toilet tissue supplier and make that important change in purchasing while working on the availability of our concierge service.

Thank you again for your thoughtful review. I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back and win back your trust.

Until then, we wish you both safe travels and a prompt return to Panama.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a room on the curve which is especially nice. Two patios and a great view. Best of all the large bathroom and shower. The people were wonderful and very helpful. Extended out check out time as we had a late flight. The location is a little difficult as there is really no place to walk to and had to take cabs everywhere (note, cabs are cheap). Only complaint is that the air conditioner was very loud. This is an elegant hotel but it is not a relaxing tourist place. We like it and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the curve if you like your bath in a separate area. The view is great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Delores G
TOCGM, General Manager at The Bahia Grand Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Delores G,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for your kind review and recommendation.

We are pleased to know you were met with the level of service and amenities you expect and deserve from our Trump property. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please let us know when we can help you plan your next visit in order to personalise your stay, making each visit even better than the last.