First off, I want to say that the Trump was a lovely stay. However, if I had a friend going to Panama again, I would ask them to reconsider which hotel they want to stay in. Here's what I have to say about the Trump: The design was fabulous. The glass elevators leading to the abstractly designed rooms all in an artistically shaped sail-building made the experience of welcoming me to Panama quite wonderful. However, there are some design flaws in the rooms; this is the one thing I've noticed: The Trump hotel likes to make creativity "trump" quality and utility at certain points. I'm sure I won't be the first to say this, but the bathtub in the middle of the bathroom was placed so it diminished the size next to one of the two sinks in my room (I was in a basic room with a queen bed). This was a little disappointing, especially from a boutique hotel. While it was fancy, and had quite a nice look to it, it didn't satisfy my expectations from the cost of the Trump hotel. The breakfast, included in my package, was a very good breakfast, but its not better than anything you'll get at any other hotel. It has a basic buffet, with anything you'd expect, and not as much variety as I've seen. However, it was definitely better than any ordinary breakfast! The service was good, although they did not meet my requests for turn-down service on the first night. However, the concierge was very good at helping me arrange restaurant reservations at a local restaurant near the Marriott Hotel. You will have no problem with the hygenic aspects of this hotel, or the sleep quality. For me, this was what puts it from 3 to 4 stars. Sleep quality is one thing that I value highly. The pool deck was lovely as well, and contained some nice pools, but on the first day, it was incredibly windy. This was odd because in other places it was not. I believe that the shape of the hotel almost acted like a tunnel, and pushed the wind up onto you. There were napkins and food flying everywhere sometimes, and lots of things in the pool due to this. Despite the design flaws in the hotel, the experience proved to be very nice, but I believe that Mr. Donald Trump needs to learn something: design shouldn't be placed over quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising seventy stories above Panama Bay along Punta Pacifica's pristine peninsula, Trump Ocean Club® International Hotel & Tower Panama unites exclusive amenities, innovative accommodations and the signature services of Trump Attaché™. Steps from Punta Pacifica's sophisticated shops and nightlife, just five minutes from the financial district and minutes from Panama City—you have found the perfect setting to unite business with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump Ocean Club International Hotel And Tower Panama
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama Panama City