“Very hospitable”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama
Ranked #18 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 17 April 2014

After a bad experience at another hotel in Panama, arriving at the Trump Hotel was extremely pleasant. The service was magnificent. The only thing is the design of the rooms, which are a little bit to modern and not practical. But overall, the beds were comfortable, and the employees very welcoming. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SelyColon
TOCGM, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear SelyColon,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you were met with the service and amenities you expect and deserve. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon. Please do let us know when you want to plan your next trip to Panama. We would like to personalize each visit for you, making each stay with us even more enjoyable than the last.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Our stay at the Trump was disappointing. We travelled in March and the hotel was fully booked due to a conference. We had to wait so long for the elevators to get to our room. The facilities in this hotel is not designed for "full capacity" rooms. The pool was very disappointing. The design of the room is awkward with having a bathtub in the middle of the room surrounded by a curtain! If staying in Panama avoid this hotel, no value for the money you are paying. The breakfast was very basic for a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear nilou1,

I am sorry to hear you were met with disappointment in the timeliness of the elevator and the design of the room and breakfast buffet. We are constantly working to improve on the service and amenities we offer so that each and every stay is met with greater satisfaction than the last. Your feedback, therefore, is greatly appreciated.

We do hope to have another opportunity to win back your confidence while providing you with the service and amenities you expect and deserve from our Trump property. Jorge Rodriguez, our Attache Manager, will be in contact to see about this possibility.

Until then, we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

First off, I want to say that the Trump was a lovely stay. However, if I had a friend going to Panama again, I would ask them to reconsider which hotel they want to stay in. Here's what I have to say about the Trump: The design was fabulous. The glass elevators leading to the abstractly designed rooms all in an artistically shaped sail-building made the experience of welcoming me to Panama quite wonderful. However, there are some design flaws in the rooms; this is the one thing I've noticed: The Trump hotel likes to make creativity "trump" quality and utility at certain points. I'm sure I won't be the first to say this, but the bathtub in the middle of the bathroom was placed so it diminished the size next to one of the two sinks in my room (I was in a basic room with a queen bed). This was a little disappointing, especially from a boutique hotel. While it was fancy, and had quite a nice look to it, it didn't satisfy my expectations from the cost of the Trump hotel. The breakfast, included in my package, was a very good breakfast, but its not better than anything you'll get at any other hotel. It has a basic buffet, with anything you'd expect, and not as much variety as I've seen. However, it was definitely better than any ordinary breakfast! The service was good, although they did not meet my requests for turn-down service on the first night. However, the concierge was very good at helping me arrange restaurant reservations at a local restaurant near the Marriott Hotel. You will have no problem with the hygenic aspects of this hotel, or the sleep quality. For me, this was what puts it from 3 to 4 stars. Sleep quality is one thing that I value highly. The pool deck was lovely as well, and contained some nice pools, but on the first day, it was incredibly windy. This was odd because in other places it was not. I believe that the shape of the hotel almost acted like a tunnel, and pushed the wind up onto you. There were napkins and food flying everywhere sometimes, and lots of things in the pool due to this. Despite the design flaws in the hotel, the experience proved to be very nice, but I believe that Mr. Donald Trump needs to learn something: design shouldn't be placed over quality.

Room Tip: If they ask you for a room on the curve, fair warning: It will be oddly shaped!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 20Anonymous
TOCGM, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear 20Anonymous,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share a thorough review of your experience.

I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us and most notably that your sleep quality was what you expected and deserve. We are working continuously to provide each and every guest with the level of service and amenities throughout the property that not only meets but exceeds expectations, every time.

We do hope for the opportunity to welcome you and your friends back to improve on your experience. If so, please do let us know if we can assist you in planning your next trip to Panama. We would like to personalize each visit for you, making each stay with us even more enjoyable than the last.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel is well located, and a real experience. The 13th floor rim flow pool is a must see. Service was excellent. Breakfast is very good and the Sunday brunch with free complimentary champagne is a real treat. The restaurant in the hotel is excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms are very comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Derek C,

Until then, we wish you many more safe travels and success in your business ventures.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This place was on our pre-cruise itinerary, so we did not choose it. Our room was on the 31st floor overlooking the Pacific, great view, BUT ... The room had a bathtub in it, with a curtain to envelope it – was kind of strange having it in the room, rather than in a bathroom. We put our excess pillows and covers in it. There was a shower stall and a toilet, each in separate enclosures. These enclosures were not very private - they were just stalls with a glass door that closed with a gap opening of about an inch, so sound carried into the room. The toilet bowl was not very clean - felt like the room had not been used in a long time. Staff was nice, but this supposedly 5 star hotel was overrated, in my opinion. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Virginia A,

We are pleased that you enjoyed the view from your room on the 31st level. On the other hand, I am sorry there were areas of disappointment in your guest room offerings and design. We do hope to welcome you back and improve on this experience. Please do let us know if we can help plan your next trip to Panama and provide you with a guest room with a design that is more pleasing and better prepared for your visit.

For now, we wish you safe travels and look forward to your return to Panama very soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

It pains me to give this hotel such high remarks as I am not a fan of D. Trump. However, I just completed a four night stay and it was very, very good.

We experienced excellent service at every turn. From the front entrance to the pool, the staff was on point, friendly, and accomodating.

My room was nice, with a view of the water. I thought the overly soft bed would cause my back to ache, but I slept very well with no issues. As mentioned by others, the bathtub is kind of in the middle of the room and it's weird. I was certain that I would fall into the tub during a middle of the night walk to the toilet, but I was so hyper aware of its presence that it never caused a problem.

We ate at Barcelona for breakfast each day and I would rate this as the least exceptional part of the hotel. It is completely fine, but was a step lower in quality than the rest of the hotel.

Normally I don't have time to visit the pool, this was a business trip, but I had some free time and made my way out to the pool area. The seating was plentiful and the drinks were REALLY good. Also, the fish tacos were crazy delicious.

So, the Donald has a good thing going here. I don't like him, but I did enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kerrieat,

I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you were met with the service and amenities you expect and deserve. It is great news that you even had time to enjoy the pool deck amongst your busy business schedule. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon. Please do let us know when you want to plan your next trip to Panama. We would like to personalize each visit for you, making each stay with us even more enjoyable than the last.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great service, spotless hotel, good restaurants, great views. Most staff spoke at least some English. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.I requested early check-in and late check-out ahead of time and they accommodated both requests!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
TOCGM, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Susan S,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your kind and complimentary review.

I am happy you were met with the service and amenities you expected and deserve from your visit to our property. We hope to welcome you back very soon and to make every visit with us even better than the last.