“Have Birth Certificate... Will Travel... Part 4”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama
Ranked #21 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 15 July 2014

After visits to Trump Chicago, Las Vegas and Toronto this visit held very high expectations.
For the most part they were met...
The architecture and furnishing were lavish but not comparable to the othe properties. Unlike Las Vegas and Chicago NO refrigerator, microwave, stove, dishes.
The bathroom is open to the room with a free standing bathtub separating the room from the bathroom area. This can be somewhat awkward if you are not travelling with a long term companion.
Overall the service was good. Front line staff appeared rather in experienced.
The 13 floor infinity pool was spectacular as was the pool side service.
Food was outstanding. Do not miss breakfast....
WIFI was satisfactory.

Room Tip: High floors and end rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen P
TOCGM, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Stephen P,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you were met with the service and amenities you generally expected and deserve; even if our tropics experience is different to that offered on other properties. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon. Please do let us know when you want to plan your next trip to Panama. We would like to personalize each visit for you, making each stay with us even more enjoyable than the last.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just spent 1 night here after a week trip across Panama and had high expectations for our first (and last) time at the trump but was very disappointed. Bland, dated hallways, frustrating elevator banks, nearly zero guests (felt like ghost town!), pool area had dirty wet upholstered chairs, no towels either. Not worth the money even at its deeply discounted rates (paid ~$180 w/ breakfast). The breakfast buffet sells for $22 which is 'okay' but it had very limited hot items that one would expect at a high end hotel buffet (had to pay extra if wanted breakfast staples like eggs benny, waffles, pancakes, etc). Trump can learn a thing or two from the Fairmont Hotel chain!!!

ps I stayed at the Radisson Decapolis on the first night and overall preferred that hotel for $50 cheaper (better location, was moderately busy but still quiet on top floors). Radisson/Hard Rock would be my choice next time

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DnpJnp,

I am very sorry your stay was not the experience you expected and deserve. This, of course, is not what we strive for in our effort to provide you with the upmost in customer satisfaction. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to improve on this experience.

For now, we wish you safe travels and look forward to your return to Panama very soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Trump Hotel is the best hotel in Panama City. What a great hotel: great beds, unusually luxurious bathroom, wonderful breakfast buffet, and efficient/attentive staff! I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Dear beckieg22,

I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you were met with the service and amenities you expected and deserve. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon. Please do let us know when you want to plan your next trip to Panama. We would like to personalize each visit for you, making each stay with us even more enjoyable than the last.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was absolutely beautiful. The rooms were amazing and has a great jacuzzi tub. I did not enjoy the restaurant there thought. The food was overpriced and there were very small portions that weren't great. The pool area was beautiful and had a great view however you only got sun until about 1 PM due to the tower blocking sun. Overall, good place to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Kristeniemiec,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was on the 22nd floor with an Ocean View King Size bed room. It was beautiful. The tub is in the middle of the room, however, I just put on the floor lights that illuminate around it, and then there is really no issue with running into it during the night. There was some issue during our conference with the hot water, but not so much with my room. It was very nice! Everyone was extremely courteous and helpful. The breakfast that was included at Barcelona was wonderful and had a lot to choose from - many healthy options. The pool deck restaurant, Azul was reasonable, with extremely courteous staff and very tasty food and drink options.

Room Tip: The 22nd floor ocean view was quiet and very nice.

Dear Laura J,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your enthusiastic review.

I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you were met with the service and amenities you expect and deserve throughout the property and most notably with your in room service. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon. Please do let us know when you want to plan your next trip to Panama. We would like to personalize each visit for you, making each stay with us even more enjoyable than the last.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I visited the resort. The golf courses are wonderful. They are maintained well and the different tee boxes give all levels of players a challenging experience. I went through the shops in the hotel. The lady in the downstairs shop, where they sell ice cream has a French accent. She was friendly and asked if I needed any directions around the resort. The lady who tends the bar at the pool was also very helpful. As busy as she was, she still chatted with me and was friendly as I sat at the counter. And when I passed staff in the parking area or in the villas, they all greeted me. I am sure you are trying to create and maintain a friendly atmosphere at the resort and you are accomplishing just that.

Room Tip: Pick a room near the main building so if it is stormy you can get there very quickly.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TOCGM, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Linda1717,

I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you were met with the service and amenities you expect and deserve. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon. Please do let us know when you want to plan your next trip to Panama. We would like to personalize each visit for you, making each stay with us even more enjoyable than the last.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for five nights while on business travel for a conference being held at the hotel. I'm giving it a "very good" in general, but if I am only comparing to luxury hotels I would give it an "average." I was not blown away by anything. The best two things about it were the staff and the architecture.

It's gorgeous. Punto. And the views of the water and the city are spectacular, even in hazy conditions, day or night. Trump loves a city, and Panama City gets its due in this hotel. But, as other reviewers have stated, form is definitely more important than function here. Meaning, it's logistically awkward and quirky and sometimes downright impractical. For example, to get from one session to another in meeting rooms you HAD to take an elevator. A few stairs never killed anyone, and they can be just as gorgeous as glass elevators (and slightly less dizzying).

The rooms were also beautiful, with stunning views from the terrace; but the layout was odd and the bathrooms, well, let's just say--don't share a room with anyone you are not intimate with because the bathroom and the room are one. I was sharing a room with a colleague (to save my university a thousand dollars). I know this woman, but not like that! It was a little awkward at first. Luckily we both have a good sense of humor.

We not only got to know each other better, so to speak, but we were also cozy with the inhabitants of the room next to us. I'll explain. My room had a door connecting an adjacent room. We could hear everything they said and did in that room. They woke us up at 5 am every morning. Not the best sleep I've ever had at a luxury hotel.

Again, this is a beautiful property and the service was impeccable. But for it to be more than average for its class, for me it would have had to be a little more seamless than this.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with NO ADJACENT room!

Dear Lisa P,