“Trump Ocean Club”

Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama
Ranked #20 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The hotel itself is very impressive. You can spot it from the plane coming in to PC. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel bar is very nice. The casino is not open yet but we were told it would be very soon. They need to work on their customer service. Checking in there was one employee and 6 of us in line at 3 in the afternoon. It's a fun place to be, did not eat at any of the restaurants maybe next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wolfepack65
TOCGM, General Manager at Trump International Hotel & Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Wolfepack65,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay. I am sorry however, there were areas in which we did not provide this standard of excellence you have come to expect from our Trump Ocean Club. We are working continuously to provide each and every guest with the level of service that not only meets but exceeds expectations. We will continue to work towards this very goal.

We do hope to welcome you back again very soon to improve on your experience. Please do let us know when we can assist you in planning your next trip to Panama. We would like to personalize each visit for you, making each stay with us even more enjoyable than the last.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Great hotel, good food, unfortunately very unprofessional staff at front desk, I had a problem with my reservation and asked for the supervisor or manager , same that was denied by the clerk. Too expensive hotel for a bad service

2  Thank Armando F

Dear Armando F,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience.

I am sorry you were not met in our service level you expect and deserve. We certainly will continue our efforts to provide each and every guest with the best possible experience while at the Trump Ocean Club. In that same effort, we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to improve on your experience and win back your confidence.

For now, we wish you safe travels and look forward to your return to Panama very soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stay in this hotel just for 3 nights, the building is very impressive you can notice this Hotel while you are in the airplane, I made the check in and the person who made my check in was not friendly at all it seems he was mad, any way the butler take my luggage minutes later, he was nice and explain me the function of my room.

My Room was very nice with a big balcony it as raining so I can enjoy it that much, the bed was awesome, the internet is very bad you can get connected but it lost sign several times, I though it was just e but my partners say to me the same, the housekeeping take almost all day to clean you rooms in the afternoon like 4 pm I get up to my rooms to pick up some stuff and my room was still dirty, also the night amenity just was done one night the other two nights no one made it, also the day I went to my rooms in the afternoon the maid run over me and ask me the number of my room, she said she will clean up later because she has to clean all the floor, and start to complain about it.

The restaurants are ok, the food is very good, you can made breakfast, lunch or dinner in Barcelona Restaurant, I do not recommend Azul restaurant is the one in the pool the food take to much time I do not know why.

Also in the entrance floor you can find a little stores where you can find what you need, the location is very good, and the Hotel is nice and very impressive but for been a Trump the service is not what you must receive.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear anatayla,

I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay and very much appreciate your noting our efforts to provide you with the best possible service you expect and deserve. I am sorry however, there were areas in which we did not provide this standard of excellence in your housekeeping, as noted. We are working continuously to provide each and every guest with the level of service that not only meets but exceeds expectations. We will continue to work towards this very goal.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Truly 5 star experience. One of the best hotels in Panama City and you also get a little breeze being right on the water - so the humidity and heat are less stifling. Food is fantastic, view is superb and service is top notch. The staff are trained quite well here and it shows.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. "room on the curve" might be worth a little extra

Dear ADFYYZ,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club and thank you for taking the time to share your enthusiastic review.

I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you were met with the service and amenities you expect and deserve throughout the property and most notably with your in room service. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon. Please do let us know when you want to plan your next trip to Panama. We would like to personalize each visit for you, making each stay with us even more enjoyable than the last.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

we had a stop over in Panama City on the 14th august and chose this hotel for a last relaxing and luxory stay. we had a great room at the 24th floor, nice ocean view. I really liked the layout of the room and its maybe the first time I get a room similar to the room on the pictures they advertise with. extremely well equiped. Shower was one of the best in a long time! we only had breakfast , lunch and some snacks and roomservice, very tasty, good quality, nice portions. Very friendly and helpful staff. We had to wait twice a bit long for drinks at the pool but for the rest this is a really realy good place if you need to in Panama City for busines or leisure. i will certainly be back.

Room Tip: higher floors , even better view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear DokterQwik,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Trump Ocean Club Panama and thank you for sharing your review.

We are very pleased to know that your visit to the Trump Ocean Club was filled with positive experiences throughout the property. Your kind reference to those who were most attentive will be shared as further inspiration for us all.

It is with great pleasure that we welcome you again and again, hoping to make each and every visit even better than the last. We look forward to your return. Until then, we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel. The service was great and the room is very contemporary with a great view off the balcony. They charge for parking but wifi is free. The fitness center is fully equipped and nice. The infinity pool is cool. The breakfast that was included with the room was very good. It is also in a great location to a lot in the city.

Dear KCH143,

I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you were met with the service and amenities you expect and deserve. We do hope to welcome you back again very soon. Please do let us know when you want to plan your next trip to Panama. We would like to personalize each visit for you, making each stay with us even more enjoyable than the last.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Good points:
1) The building has great outdoor architecture
2) The location is in a nice neighborhood and away from traffic
3) The pool is great with an amazing look at the ocean
4) Good and safe, but expensive hotel taxi service
5) A large and very well equipped Gym
6) Very clean rooms and the bed is very comfortable
7) the laundry service is top notch and very professional. Probably the only good service I received was from House keeping and In Room Dining.

Negative points:
1) Service is horrible, the worst I have had in a 5 star hotel. Definitely does not compare at all to any other Trump Hotel.
2) The room's humidity smell is awful
3) The room size is very small and he open bathroom makes you feel you are sleeping in it.
4) The prices of the minibar are a ripoff, one KIND BAR $11.00usd
5) Very uncomfortable and time consuming to take two elevators to your room
6) The restaurant food is mediocre and the service a disaster.
7) The ocean view is a lie, it is a partial view as you look straight in to a glass building.
8) The walls are paper thin, you could have a conversation with your neighbor.
9) The furniture is cheap and rusted from the humidity.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Monsterloco,

I appreciate your noting the areas that were pleasing for you during your stay. I am sorry however, there were areas in which we did not provide this standard of excellence you have come to expect from our Trump Ocean Club in service and amenities. We are working continuously to provide each and every guest with the level of service that not only meets but exceeds expectations. We will continue to work towards this very goal.