“A perfect trip!”

Panama Canal Wildlife Boat Tour and Jungle Walk
US$160.00*
Lake Bayano Cave Exploration Tour From Panama City
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer small group tours with a focus on culture, nature, and adventure. All our tours are guided by local Panamanian guides with 10+ years of professional experience leading safe and informative tours in Panama. In them you will find a great sense of responsibility, safety awareness, and a keen interest to offer every single one of their guests a top quality personalized experience.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 10-day visit to Panama with the expert attentions of Luis Calvo at Xplora Panama. It was perfect! Luis quickly became a dear friend as he accompanied us on our travels. He had arranged the kinds of accommodations that suited us best, delicious meals in interesting restaurants, and our favorite activities including birding, hiking, beach time, and local culture. He introduced us to interesting people, including specialized wildlife guides and working families in the Santa Fe area and Boquete. Luis showed us the beauty and hospitality of a great country. Thanks to him, we wouldn't change a thing!

2  Thank Rosemary R
Luis C, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hola! Thank you for this great review, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to show you my beautiful country. You are among the nicest people I've ever known, so it was a pleasure to get to spend some time with you. Saludos.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

i went to panama with a group of girlfriends and was truly excited to see and learn everything about panama but, am always a little hesitant on hiring a tour guide. for me, there is quite a fine line between "amazing tour guide" and "annoying tour guide" - our guide, Briant, was definitely on the "amazing" side! And lucky for us because we booked him for three separate days.

he was prompt but never sighed when we were running a bit behind; helped us understand the history and culture of panama, but didn't talk our ears off; showed us the path for snorkeling and then let us venture out on our own. the perfect guide!

Briant also went out of his way for our group - picking us up early without complaint, swinging by mcdonalds when we wanted ice cream, and helping us with everything in between: dinner reservations, rides to the market, must see places, and translating for us when we wanted to buy items for the natives.

truly a wonderful vacation made even better by a fantastic tour guide. highly recommend and will definitely book another tour with Briant on my next panama adventure!

1  Thank alison r
Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

We are aware of the "annoying" tour guides out there; it's a shame because it gives the profession a bad rep. As travelers ourselves, I guess what we do is what we would like to receive. Our approach has always been more that of friends traveling together rather than being on a tour. This was also a learning experience for me, as you all do very interesting things for a living. Please come back anytime, there are lots of other amazing things to do in Panama!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Let me start by saying I hate tours and tour guides in general. I much prefer to explore an area on my own. So I tried my best before the trip to figure out how my 2 girlfriends and I could see what we wanted to see without a guide...but that proved to be impossible. So we decided to take a chance and booked the Caribbean Island tour and the Panama Canal Wildlife tour with Xplora Panama. This turned out to be the best decision of the trip!

Briant picked us up the first day for our Caribbean Island tour, and it was obvious within minutes that (a) he's a good guy and not a typical annoying tour guide, and (b) he knows A TON about EVERYTHING Panama. Politics, history, culture, and of course, wildlife. Seriously, this guy is a walking Panamanian Wikipedia.

We quickly decided we wouldn't be content with just one day of Caribbean islands, so he agreed to book an extra trip for us to San Blas (Kuna Yala)! This required 3 hours of driving each way, so it's not usually offered, but we really wanted to go. Briant willingly picked us up at 5am to make it happen. By the way, you definitely need a guide for both island tours... it's not something you can negotiate yourself, especially with limited Spanish.

So we spent two full days with Briant seeing the Caribbean islands, and then another half day seeing the Panama Canal wildlife and the Miraflores Locks (we added on the locks to the wildlife tour). Not only was Briant fun to be around the whole time, but he also really went the extra mile to help us out - he booked us dinner reservations, he took us to the pharmacy for sunscreen, he wrote down directions for us for other places we wanted to go... Our trip would not have been nearly as great without him!

Also shoutout to Lucia who booked the trips for us and answered all our questions quickly and thoroughly via email!

Do not hesitate to book tours in Panama with this company! You won't regret it!

Extra pro tip: be careful of the seco... that stuff hurts in the morning. You're welcome.

2  Thank Lindsey L

Thank you! We always try to do our best to make sure you have the best possible time in our beautiful country. I had a lot of fun guiding you and I had never been called a walking Wikipedia :)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I highly recommend this company for a tour of anything you would like to see or do in Panama. We did the half day canal wildlife tour and the full day tour to Portobello and the islands. Both tours were exciting, fun and informative and our guide Briant was knowledgeable and made the trips enjoyable. We saw all types of wildlife and learned a lot about the area, it's history, people and wildlife. Both Briant and Lucia in the office were quite efficient and professional, making it easy to arrange and participate in the tours. I would recommend these tours to anyone and would love to return some day to participate in some of the other excursions they have to offer.

Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

We feel extremely lucky to get to spend some time with such nice people on our tours. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We went to the Panama Canal seen areas that a reg. tour guide does not go. With this company we had pick - up at airport , Hotel reservation in the city of Panama City , at the Torres De Alba Hotel & Suites. We went to Spanish Fort, thu parts of the river by sm boat seen monkeys, baby crocks, birds, went walking in the rain forest seen Prison dart frogs.Went to Old Panama. Price wise best Vacation .

Briant D, Tour Guide at Xplora Panama Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

We are very proud to be the best tour you have ever had! Thank you very much for this review.