“NEW HOTEL BUT SERVICE IS VERY POOR.”
Review of Central Park Hotel

Central Park Hotel
Ranked #86 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Never vacummed our room for seven days.also,Bathroom floor and gallary never got moped. towels are provided but most of time not enough,never got face towels. I asked for ice and towelsand they never bring or did not tell us where to get.Next day we told the staff we didn't get yesterday so,they bring right away and we have to go get ice on the sixth floor. After 7 days we checked out and we went playa blanca resort which is very best services.We came back and checked for 2 more days and ther were no hot water.even i told one of the staff and he got room number and he told me we will do that.we ready to check out 4 :00AM there were no hot water at all,we have to shower with cold water.

Room Tip: connecting room was fine with 1 king bed in each room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
CentralParkPTY, Web Marketing at Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Thank´s for your comments, are very important for our continuous improvement. We are taking action on these issues in order to offer a daily excellence service making memorable experience for all our gests. For your next travel to Panama City, we invited to stay with us.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

The hotel is fairly new...keeping this in mind, I was quite surprised at the relatively worn nature of some of the rooms. The public areas are very nice and clean,but the rest of the building needs renovation already!!

I initially was given a room on the 7th floor, and I was so disappointed I made them move me. The bathroom floors were worn and dirty, the chair in my room was broken, the walls looked like they had been recently repaired with spackle, but noone painted over the repair. I was shocked. I called the front desk and they moved me to the executive floor ( 9th floor), but even there , I found a few minor issues. I couldn't believe how much damage had been done to the place in the 9months they have been in business. I was told by the staff that there had been several rounds of celebrity athletes coming through, who had started to trash the place. It's sad.
The staff is very nice, patient and most folks are bilingual, which I consider a plus.

I would not likely return to this hotel based on my standard of luxury, however, there are worse places to stay in Panama. If you are looking for a 3star moderately appointed place, you should consider Central Park, otherwise you may have to head toward Paitilla and hit one of the high end hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Choose the 9th floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

We want to thank you for your comments they are valuable for our continuos improvement. We are taking action on these issues in order to offer a daily excellent service making memorable stay for all our guests. We invated you to stay with us in your next trip to Panama City.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband and I were staying in this hotel with another couple for 7 nights. The first 5 nights were OK, but we had to complain every single day for a reason or another: one day we had no towels, the other day they just forgot to clean our room, etc.

Then we left 2 days to Bocas del Toro, and they offered to keep our suitcases so we wouldn't travel heavy. When we returned to the hotel 2 days later, we gave the 4 tickets corresponding to the 4 suitcases, and to our surprise, were only given 3 suitcases back. We first demanded to talk to the General Manager, but we were told that since it was Sunday and his day off, we had to wait until Monday. We then asked to see the security cameras but they didn't agreed until the police arrived. Out of 20 cameras, only 2 were working. The only conclusion we arrived was that the luggage was stolen by the staff, but we couldn't see exactly who. The General Manager finally arrived from his "day off" and told us that they couldn't do anything for us, but they wold conduct an investigation and would let us know.

It's been 3 weeks and the hotel hasn't responded yet to the problem.

Good luck with staying there!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank evaf24
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Central Park Hotel in Panama City is a good choice if you are looking for a place outside of the very crowded center of this city. It is fairly new and very modern in design. The rooms are large and most, if not all, include small kitchenettes with fridge, micro, sink and coffee makers. They also have small balconies. There is no full length mirror which I also missed as did another reviewer. The staff is courteous and friendly and very bi-lingual which helps when one's Spanish is not up to speed. The first room I was put in had very little water pressure in the shower and was also missing some light bulbs. The management immediately and without fuss transferred me to another room. The breakfast is included in the price and is fairly basic but it does provide some choices. My only complaint is that the coffee was too weak and the cereal did not include any of the healthy ones.

I did not use the spa as time did not allow for it. However, I was able to use the pool twice... it is located in another building but attached to the hotel and one can walk to it from the fifth floor. The pool is clean and well maintained with comfortable lounge chairs. There are washrooms but no changing rooms and there was something that looked like a bar but was not open.

The free wi-fi in the room worked very well but there is only one computer available to guests so bring your own laptop.

I stayed there to attend a conference and most of the participants seemed to be fairly satisfied with this hotel.

It is quite a distance to the Panama Canal but there are frequent tours and taxis available.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to hear less of the traffic noise. Bring a bottle of water to the pool
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank´s for your comments, are very important for us. Every day we are working to improve our services and amenities that are important to our customers, making memorable stays. We invated to stay with us again in your next trip to Panama.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We were looking to get out of the 'downtown' atmosphere....this hotel is located in a very nice neighborhood with not very much traffic. Nice restaurants within a block's distance. Capo's is a nice club down the street. Also across the street is a pharmacy, laundry and a great wine store with a nice selection as well as deli meats and snacks. The Gold Lion Casino is part of the hotel and they have a 24 hour restaurant. The hotel spa is wonderful, I highly recommend it.
The rooms have a small kitchenette with microwave, fridge, coffee maker, sink. The rooms have balconies with nice views and wonderful beds, flat screen TV. The hotel is only 1 year old so everything is still new--the only suggestion I have is put another mirror in the rooms--there is only one in the bathroom. The staff is bilingual and very nice. Your stay also includes free wi-fi, safe in room, and breakfast buffet.

We will return!!

Room Tip: Try Leno's restaurant down the street--great! If you speak Spanish and need a taxi, call Christ...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank seaurchin9

We want to thank´s for your comments, are very important for our continuos improvement, also for other future guests to know about the benefits of staying with us. We invated you to stay in this you Central Park Hotel Casino & Spa, during your next trip to Panama.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Like the former writer we had also problems at the Country inn. The Central Park staff took good care of us. The rooms are absolutely great. The beds are fantastic and we had a great city view. We had a good rest before we traveled back home.

If you are looking for a good hotel in Panama-City this is your best choice!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank marly s
CentralParkPTY, Web Marketing at Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thanks for your comments are very valuable to us. You're welcome to stay with us again on your next visit to Panama City.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I arrived to Central Park for a night over after my booking in another hotel was all messed up for my last night in Panama. Today I couldn't be happier about that mistake because this place, in one word: Fantastic!! Since I got in the lobby I knew it would be a great experience even though was for a night only.

My room was on 12th-floor with a balcony, just perfect for a nice view of the city. It was massive, with my own desk, sofa and breakfast table. Here's the kicker though: My own internet connection! The room was equiped with a wireless router and I was able to change the accesibility password to enjoy super-fast internet at its full! That might not be relevant for most people, however it snapped the little geek inside me...

Next to the hotel there's a casino and further a TGI Fridays, plus other local restaurants which pretty much solves any temptation for a munch withouth having to go to town - hotel is based in El Dorado area, not far from Panama's city centre -. Massive Albrook Mall is a short $2 ride on a taxi.

The only drawback - in my opinion - is the breakfast area, it could be friendlier for the price that is paid; still it was a buffet and fairly complete.

I didn't have time to enjoy the pool and spa but from what I saw, it must be just as amazing as the rest! Totally recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask your room to be a high-floor one looking at the side of the skycrappers.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
CentralParkPTY, Web Marketing at Central Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Thanks for your kind words; for Central Park Hotel Casino & Spa it is a real pleasure to serve you and make you feel as if you were at home. Every day we work harder to provide you a better service tha can make a difference between the hotels in Panama. Finally do not hesitate to make your reservations at Central Park Hotel for your next visit to Panama City. We will be waiting for you to make you feel The Symphony between Business, Nature ans Pleasure.