Our recent stay at this lovely property met our expectations and then some. A standout for us was the service received from everyone! The staff were friendly, attempted English (although I preferred to practice my Spanish which they tolerated with gentle assistance), and were generally efficient. Are they at that 5 star level - no not yet but I do believe progress is being made all round - based on prior reviews. For some reason consistency in behaviours is not a strength of Panamanian nature. (i.e. regular coffee service one morning - same server next day not the case?) I have witnessed this in many areas of Panama - and speaking with employers it is a frustration that is addressed with patience and perseverance.
We enjoyed the quiet weekdays and felt like we had a chunk of the place to ourselves. The food was ok - I am not a fan of buffets in most cases as the food is never hot/fresh and this was not an exception for the few meals we had there. Choices were basically fine - a pasta station may be a hit for people. The two dinners we had at 'Tierra y Fuego' were excellent. Starfish for lunch a few days was okay. The menu is limited and could improve with a few more salad choices and maybe a fish serving. We did not have the all inclusive feature. The wine pour was very inconsistent varying from maybe 3 oz upwards to 8 oz for a $6 charge. I sent one glass back indicating would like 'mas' (more) which was topped up no problem.
The spa was first rate - the services we had were the best ever- and that speaks very highly as we frequent the spa most everywhere we travel. We will do day trips from home in the future to enjoy this spa again.
A special recognition of their front desk staff - Miriam and Guest Relations manager - Maria. We had an un-solveable issue with our room - as it was too late for us to move to another. I wanted to ensure the staff were aware of this and to be more aware when placing guests in this particular room in the future. They were most receptive and grateful for becoming aware of the issue. Maria comped our last evening dinner which was very kind. She even went so far as to phone me at home the next day to ensure our dinner was enjoyable. Thank you.
We went with intention of a enjoying a few days of 'getaway' which was a success! We look forward to the next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The personification of the destination: Where natural serenity meets industrial glamour - Westin Playa Bonita Panama is strategically located alongside the Pacific Ocean, on a mile long stretch of golden sand on Playa Bonita Beach, surrounded by lush tropical rainforests, and a quick 20-minute drive from the metropolitan capital of Panama City. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, The Westin Playa Bonita is near celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and just a 20-minute drive from Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Playa Bonita Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Hotel Panama City
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Panama City