We stayed at the Westin this past week as part of a family reunion. While we cannot comment about room rates (as the bill was paid by others), we can confidently say that the Westin is a good choice for the Playa Bonita area.
Rooms: Rooms at the Westin are well-appointed and luxurious, with attention to detail throughout. Little touches throughout the hotel and our room, such as free cucumber- or lime-infused water in the lobby make the property a true luxury hotel. If possible, try to get a room with an ocean view, as the view is fantastic and rooms have a balcony that overlooks the water.
Food: Food at the hotel is of mixed quality. The breakfast buffet featured good variety and food quality, but dinner in the many restaurants was overpriced, small in portion-size, and bland/plain in taste. Do not eat dinner at the hotel: look elsewhere if possible. Lunch by the pool featured good sandwiches and light options at reasonable prices.
Service: Service was good for the most part; we had no problems with any staff members.
Location: The hotel's location is its greatest strength and asset. Though the murky waters of the Panama Bay are not exactly meant for swimming (their quality is compromised because of the many passing oil tankers passing in the distance), they make for a great view. Further, the hotel is surrounded by some picturesque mangrove clusters that 'fence in' the hotel beach. The beach itself is narrow but pleasant. Greatest of all, though, is the hotel pool area, which is actually multiple pools. We spent most of our time in the pools and lounging beside them, all with the fantastic view of the water no more than one hundred feet from us.
Synopsis: The Westin Playa Bonita, though not flawless, is an excellent choice for a relaxing getaway from Panama City. Though only a half hour from the City, it transports you to a serene setting ideal for R&R. We highly recommend it – just avoid dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The personification of the destination: Where natural serenity meets industrial glamour - Westin Playa Bonita Panama is strategically located alongside the Pacific Ocean, on a mile long stretch of golden sand on Playa Bonita Beach, surrounded by lush tropical rainforests, and a quick 20-minute drive from the metropolitan capital of Panama City. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, The Westin Playa Bonita is near celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and just a 20-minute drive from Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Westin Playa Bonita Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Hotel Panama City
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Panama City