“Bonita!”

The Westin Playa Bonita Panama
Ranked #7 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My Husband and I attended a conference and we had a quiet relaxing time at this hotel. We enjoyed the beautiful flowers in the gardens. Food and drinks were okay, we expected a little more exciting dishes but we managed. The rooms were clean and as always beds and pillows were to die for. The service was good and all staff members were friendly. The sand on the beach is very dark and dirty looking but surprisingly my Husband and found lots of beautiful shells including sand dollars :-)

Room Tip: 1306 has beautiful views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We decided to go somewhere relatively close and inexpensive for our anniversary trip so we chose Panama. Nice clean new property. Relatively cheap. It is a little bit far out of the way... Sort of on the other side of town. If you want to get away from it all, this is a good place. The suite was spacious and came with complementary wine.
The restaurants were not all open so we took advantage of the SPG lounge for snacks and drinks. We We thoroughly enjoyed the view of the ships headed into the canal from both our suite and the lounge.
The beach was pretty but also dependent upon when low tide is. During low tide there were a lot of rocks exposed in the water.
The fitness center was spacious and filled with new equipment. The spa was a Clarins spa and the treatment was good but I did not use the other facilities.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Went back for a short stay and this place is still a good choice near but away from the city. However service was not as good as last time I was here, particularly at he restaurants and pool side. No manager on site in pool areas allowing some guests to dive in with street clothes! Menu is varied but quality has not maintained previous standards. I would still return because of the settings and facilities.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Great hotel to stay at!! Wonderful food and great views from the pool. However, there are little beach bugs that like to bite you. So make sure to wear bug spray or stay in the pool. The beach is really cool to walk on because it's mainly sea shells. There are also wonderful views of all the ships coming in and out of the Panama Canal.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Nice food, quiet environment, a lot of sun, and fun.
Great to visit with family.
It has great pools and restaurants. The beach is ok the most of time, and the views are awesome.
It is located just right to Intertcontinental Playa Bonita Hotel, so you can go there and have dinning.
Is near form the city, but don't left it on the rush time (6am to 8:30am).

Room Tip: Choose ocean views, it worth!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rolando J
Maria Gabriela U, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Playa Bonita Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

We appreciate your comments and we are glad to have met your expectations when visiting our hotel, from the entire hotel staff we appreciate your comment and the time that you spend to let us know your experienced.

Thank you very much and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel is well located. Easy access from the airport or from the main Malls if you want to go shopping.
The rooms have an amazing view of the ocean, are also very clean and comfortables. The room service is very good. The food including the breakfast is less than average.
It has 5 pools at least 2 can be perfect for children.
It is a very good option if you want to stay more than 3 nights in Panama.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found your room to be comfortable. Thank you also for your comment regarding our food options we already share your opinion with our new Executive Chef to make the correspondent changes.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Gorgeous hotel & rooms. Humongous is the word I would use to describe this place.

Dining choices were limiting, not all restaurants were open at same time, which was a disappointment, but it was low season.

I didn't want to pay the $22.00 child's breakfast buffet and had room service for 2 for $26.00 instead, and me and my child were thrilled, it was perfect amount of food.

Speaking I child I have a 7 year old, and I chose this hotel specifically because it had a kids club. I took him to the kids club in the morning, and an hour later saw him wandering alone next to the pool. I had asked the concierge the night before if the kids club was secure, since I wanted to visit the Clarins spa. Good thing I changed my mind and was sunning by the pool, otherwise I wouldn't of seen him, and I shudder to think any farther than this. Lousy kids club!

Was thinking of extending my 2 night into a 4 night stay, but this was deal breaker for me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family