We enjoyed our first time experience in Panama very much at the Westin Playa Bonita. The facility is well suited for large groups and smaller seminar type meetings. It is well laid out allowing for beautiful ocean views. You can see in the distance boats patiently waiting their turn to enter the Panama Canal. There are many lovely pools which are situated right by the ocean.
Depending upon what time of the day, the beach took on a different appearance. When the tide was out you can see the ocean floor and walk out further. It is a pleasant beach and easy to stroll along and play on.
Staff engagement overall (even those who spoke little English) was positive and friendly, albeit sometimes fairly slow. We did have extra friendly and attentive service from Fernando Alonso and Irma in the Pacifica restaurant as well as the host and hostesses in the Pacifica and Oceanica. Maria Gabriela was a friendly perky girl who chatted with us before our departure back home.
The Westin Playa Bonita was an easy spot to venture out on tours. The Gamboa Tours is located in the front lobby. We took a tour of the Panama Canal, an Indigenous Village Tour and a Rainforest Cable Car/Monkey Island Adventure and found them to be enlightening and enjoyable.
You should take bug replentant or use the bug repentant towelettes the hotel provides…there are bugs around depending where you are walking (often no even seen), but this will not effect your visit just be aware and prepared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The personification of the destination: Where natural serenity meets industrial glamour - Westin Playa Bonita Panama is strategically located alongside the Pacific Ocean, on a mile long stretch of golden sand on Playa Bonita Beach, surrounded by lush tropical rainforests, and a quick 20-minute drive from the metropolitan capital of Panama City. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, The Westin Playa Bonita is near celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and just a 20-minute drive from Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Playa Bonita Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Hotel Panama City
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Panama City