The rooms were AMAZING. I got one facing the Pacific, and the big windows give an astounding view day and night -- at night you see all the ships wanting to go through the Canal start to que up so you can see their lights.. until morning when they start to move through the Canal.
The room was well appointed, with all the amenities of a five star and was HUGE with a nice balcony to sit outside and admire the ocean.
I stayed here 6 nights on account of a business conference that was held in the same hotel and had no complaints. The beach and pools area is really nice, though the beach is not very sunbather or swimmer friendly due to rocks on the beach. It was a nice long stretch to go running though.. but not the ultimate beach experience.
Since I was on a conference bulk room rate, it was very cost effective for me for the price - about USD 150 per night.
The hotel is a little far from downtown Panama city or the old city, and the only way to get out is to rent a car or call a taxi, which the hotel can easily do for guests. It is about USD 45 to the airport in a cab.
The checkin line was a little long upon arrival -- possibly since 300 other people were part of the conference so everyone was arriving at the time, but their check-in process could be speedier.. The same for checkout.
The giftshop is nice, albeit pricey, and I didn't end up making any purchases. Be sure to bring your own power converter plugs.. if your electronics need one, you'll have to get it from the shop as the hotel doesn't provide these.
The breakfast was amazing. Such a huge array of choices. I got to sample Panamian tropical fruits such as their juicy pineapples and tart passionfruits. There was also a waffle iron along with the host of breads, cheeses and other breakfast items.
The lunch buffet, whether at the indoor restaurant or the outdoor one, was also of a mindboggling variety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The personification of the destination: Where natural serenity meets industrial glamour - Westin Playa Bonita Panama is strategically located alongside the Pacific Ocean, on a mile long stretch of golden sand on Playa Bonita Beach, surrounded by lush tropical rainforests, and a quick 20-minute drive from the metropolitan capital of Panama City. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, The Westin Playa Bonita is near celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and just a 20-minute drive from Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Prestigia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Playa Bonita Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Hotel Panama City
- The Westin Playa Bonita Panama Panama City