All reviews rooftop bar casco viejo pulled pork tapas style eggplant vip section tapas menu cool hotel ceviche busy restaurant old city boutique hotel lobby restaurant street noise third floor light sleeper hotel guests
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Unfortunately they didn't tell me that the entire hotel would become a giant disco until 4 or 5 a.m. My bed felt like I had put a roll of quarters into a massage bed with the constant throbbing all night.
The hotel is clean and the food in the restaurant is quite good, but the hotel is noisy on any night except Monday or Tuesday.
Location is good in Casco Viejo...
Even with all of the positives, I'm afraid that I would opt to stay at another hotel on my next visit... although I would make a trip to the hotel for their great, inexpensive lunches.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely splendid food, selection, and atmosphere. I was nervous as it didn't rater higher. That's said, it should have. It will definitely be a repeat of there again, especially the eggplant carppacio!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Daniela P, Public Relations Manager at Tantalo Hotel / Kitchen / Roofbar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Harmony T,

Thank you for complimenting our food and atmosphere! We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Take time to hangout in the Casco Viejo neighborhood of Panama City. Historic, rustic, and in the midst of major re-deveolpment--but in a positive "let's save this small piece of beautiful Panamanian architecture and culture"--sort of way. They are doing it right in this neighborhood and when finished--it will be a "destination" for Central America.

Once you find a place to park, take your time and stroll over to Tantalo. An artsy and very casual retreat from the heat of The City, you can choose from a tasteful selection of "tapas" style dishes or core "main" courses.

For the tapas, what you will be served are incredably delicious and creative bites of chicken, fish, beef, vegetables, and / or sushi [pic] in spices and sauces and cooking methods that are a serious treat to experience.

Full bar, good size wine list, and rumor has it...soon to have some craft beers!

Don't go there for linen tablecloths and silverspoon service. Go there for straight-up great food and service...all at a very good price!

Take some friends, take a date, take your Mom...but go. Be a hero...or a heroine!

Btw...did I mention the rooftop bar? Naw, forget it....who wants a spectacular view of The City skyline while stirring a Mojito and watching the day turn to night.

See you there?

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank CerdoDeCamino

Dear CerdoDeCamino,

We would like to thank you for your delightful compliments to our restaurant and rooftop. Thank you so much for visiting Tantalo and taking the time to write this kind and entertaining review.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Its a rooftop bar with loud music and a lot of going and coming. Excellent drinks, not cheap, drink to your hearts content, fab views especially at dusk. Food mostly non descript, and lots of it fried, stay with something predictable and goes well with the alcohol. Party hangout, not to sleep a $5 taxi ride, and you have the best hotels with all the amenities for a little over a $100 bucks

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

The guy who did the check in was really friendly and the other staff in the hotel too. I only had lunch which was really nice and a traditional Panamanian dish. The area is really nice and gay friendly. My room was big and modern. The bed was really soft. Unfortunately I had a early flight and had to go to bed early but even with earplugs you will hear the music till 1am. But they warned me up front for this.I think Casco Viejo is really nice for the night life so normally I would have been out till late as well.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 13 June 2018

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!