Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Le Meridien Panama(Panama City)
Bayfront Hotel(Panama City)
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Panama(Panama City)
  • Restaurant
W Panama(Panama City)
View Hotel
Tower House Suites(Panama City)
View Hotel
The Executive Hotel(Panama City)
Hotel DeVille(Panama City)
1,420 results
All reviewsbrio restaurantginger restaurantsalvatore ferragamocar serviceluxury hotelnespresso machinebeautiful hoteljunior suitepool arearain showerturn down servicesushiconcierge deskbreakfast buffetcalle uruguayhigh floorenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We booked a ocean view suite on the 22nd floor. Room is actually a condo with about 100m2.
Breathtaking view.
Hotel staff is not very well trained and does not know loads of things you may require. Building is very nice but poor number of restaurants. Basically this hotel has not a good management. Staff do whatever you ask but do not expect any 5Lstar service. SPA, Pool and steam suana (located in the mens room..., pedicure in the hair dresser studio) are not adequate for a hotel like this.
Restaurant are boring but good of quality. Smokers policy NONE (since the local law does not allow any smoking close to or in the building) so this makes you stand outside in the rain.
I was expecting more of a hotel with a name like this. Could even have booked a Hilton, Mariott or Sheraton (all faceless hotels). We did not aks for a cheap price and the price we paid (USD259) is low. Breakfast (not included) is not enough for this hotel. No complimentary water on the (100m2) room. Good bathing robes. Send 2 mails to book a hotel car for airport shuttle, Ritz Carlton (SCL) managed finally to book it by phone. No club or executive lounges. Heading for Four Seasons now, back to real five star service.

Room Tip: ocean view suite
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robin martin w
AKorngold, Director of Business Development at Waldorf Astoria Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear robin martin w,

Thanks a lot for your review and the comments that you provided in reference to your recent stay with us.

We will be working diligently to make sure we can get better at each of the points that you highlighted.

We look forward to see you soon and show you our improvement.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed for a week. Rooms are gorgeous!!!! First breakfast, egg omellet came in 45 min. After I asked for them. At night to the spa, oversold by the manager. Beautiful setting, but paid for a massage of 80 min, got 60. Quality was extremly poor, not even coordinated massage between body parts, less so timing given to the left and right of the same body part. Individual offered massage with full lights on and no shoes!!!!!! There was an issue with their heaters, called to ask what was happening as my floor was smelling and first feedback was not to worry. Then 10 min after the night manager asked for me to move to a different room due to safety. No further explanasion offered and quite an attitude when questionned. Had to negotiate a room and at 12am was able to get installed. Spoke to the manager which was nice, but no solution. Next day, arrived at the hotel restaurant for breakfast and it was closed. Management decided to transfer breakfast to a different floor. Your card needs to be charged twice to pay the bill!!!! Horrible experience!!!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Jblesgraeft

Dear Jblesgraeft,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

First of all we would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experience during your stay with us.

We will be working consciously to make sure all situations are taken care of.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

My husband, infant daughter and I stayed for 5 nights in September. This was sufficient time to truly experience both the good and not so good elements if this hotel.

The highs:

-- The staff are helpful and welcoming. In particular, Candy, Ona, Anita and Moses went out of their way to make our experience in Panama pleasurable. Maria in housekeeping is a gem -- she took great care if us every day and made sure everything in the room was clean and safe for the baby.

-- The location is good. The street itself is nothing special, but it is right near good restaurants and central to all the city has to offer.

-- As a Hilton Honors member, there are nice small perks like free Internet (which should be free at a luxury hotel regardless).

The very unfortunate lows:

-- The last night of our stay, we were woken up in the middle of the night due to loud club music coming from below. We learned after calling the front desk that there was a wedding -- scheduled to end at 5 AM. The music was so loud that it could be heard -- and felt -- 4 floors up. The hotel management did nothing to address the issue - such as notifying guests of the event in advance, so room changes or other accommodations could be made -- or during the night, when multiple complaints came in. It wasn't until 5:30 AM when the party was still going string that the night manager made efforts to lower the music and even then, the party wasn't over until after 6 AM. Both the event itself and the management response was completely unbecoming of what I would expect of the Waldorf brand. Anita at the front desk was very aware and sympathetic to the issues and escalated them appropriately, but the night manager's failure to take action until after 5 AM and eventual response of "this was out of my control" failed to take responsibility for a situation that clearly should have and could have been in the hotel's control. I was later told that this was an unusual situation and an unexpected event, but now reading earlier TripAdvisor reviews, I see that this happened before with a similar unacceptable response.

-- There are definitely construction issues despite this being a new hotel. The bathroom had broken tiles and fixtures. There was also an electrical fire on a higher floor during our stay that filled the elevator banks with smoke.

-- The in room breakfasts were expensive and mediocre

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Laborchicky

Dear Laborchicky,

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

We will continue working hard to make sure your next stay with us is much better.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

From the moment I left customs, to see the transportation person holding the prestigious name of WALDORF ASTORIA with my name neatly printed right below, I knew I was in for a very special stay here in this fine city.
After a thorough explanation by the driver of everything I was seeing during our ride, he expressed the pride that panama as a destination has towards their newest addition of luxury accommodations
Arriving to the hotel, checking in and being escorted to my room, was first class. The bellman opened the curtains to the beautiful view of the city and gave me a quick history and description of it's rapid growth.
All of the restaurant outlets as well as the pool and even room service, were great.
Most importantly, was the level of warm professional service,that I would not find in other hotels and restaurants during my visit. This was only my first day and I have to say in all honesty my expectations of quality hotel service are very high and during my one week stay the service and attention never faltered. I would imagine this is exactly why other guests are so happy with this hotel. When visiting panama I can't believe it will be easy to find a higher quality of luxury accommodations, anytime soon, and unfortunately for the competition I get a strong feeling this staff will become even more polished with time.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank jgmex

Dear jgmex,

Thanks a lot for your beautiful comments.

Our team is committed to provide great service and to make every guest experience a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hotel was great. My daughter and I stayed for 2 nights and loved it. The service was wonderful. The drinks and food at the pool were reasonable and delicious. The location is walking distance to shopping and many restaurants. Moses, the hotel driver, is very knowledgeable and polite. I highly recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay in Panama City, Panama.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Barry R,

We really appreciate your time in sending this review.

We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter any time soon.