“Wow, what a nice hotel!”

Waldorf Astoria Panama
Ranked #13 of 117 Hotels in Panama City
Flower Mound, Texas
“Wow, what a nice hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed in the Waldorf Astoria one night before a fishing trip and two nights after. This hotel is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Everything smelled good, the beds were very plush, the bathroom had a rain shower head, and the pool area was great! It is modern in style and very new (opened in 2013). Espresso maker in room. We ate at Brio Brasserie and the food was so good. The chicken soup and salad nicoise salad are what I recommend. The hotel has a great location with two excellent restaurants around the corner - Tomato Y Amor (Italian) and Market (Panamian grass fed steak). We loved sitting in the hot tub in the late afternoon with great views of the Panama Bay. I don't know how long the Waldorf will have this great view as it looks like something is going to be built directly in front of it. Darn. The staff were all very helpful. Wifi was 12.00 per day for 3 devices.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors on the right side of the hotel looking at Panama Bay have the best views. We...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MariaVictoriaB_WA, Public Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Panama, responded to this review, 23 October 2014
Dear Debby44,
Thank you for your words and for allowing us to welcome you during your stay in the city. It is wonderful to read you found our room, amenities and restaurant offerings to your liking. It is true there are many excellent things to see and experience near the hotel, and we hope you have a chance to experience more during a future stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Czech first
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Pure luxury. That is how I would sum up my stay here. Although I was only here for one night, I had a delightful time. As soon as I stepped out of the car, I was helped by a friendly bellman who carried my bag and escorted me to the desk for check-in. Check-in was very friendly and professional (arguably the most professional check-in experience I have ever had). The bellman provided me with an ice cold bottle of water while I was checking in. I was also introduced to my personal concierge. Once checked in, both the bellman and concierge escorted me to my room.

As an HHonors Gold Member, I was upgraded to a junior suite. The suite was immaculate. The shades kept the room dark so that I could sleep, and unlike other reviewers, I experienced no noise pollution. The bed was very comfortable. There was a mini-bar in the room. The bathroom featured regular amenities and a nice rainfall shower.

Check-out in the morning was easy, and once again professional. II got a clean taxi provided by the hotel to take me to the airport (charged easily to the room).

Though my stay here was brief, it was nonetheless perfect. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Fzedlach
Dear Fzedlach,
It is great to read about your short, yet sweet visit with us. Thank your for allowing us to welcome you and provide you with the piece and quietness you deserve.
We hope your future travels bring you back to Panama when we hope to welcome you again. We are here for you.
Sao Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed for 1 night with my family. The hotel is close to cinta costera, there are many restaurants close by. It's also close to multicentro mall. Breakfast is really good and so is the service. Gym is good but not fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Andremodesto,
Thank you for your thoughts and allowing us to welcome you and your family during your short visit to the city. We hope you and your family enjoyed many of our service and amenities and found them to your liking. We hope your future trips allow you to make another stop in Panama and thus allow us to welcome you again.
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Very different ambiance from the Manhattan flag ship. This is a new contemporary hotel, all white and gold and sparkly. The beds are terrific and the location is convenient. The staff reaches out to be helpful and arranged our Canal tour. We chose the business package including breakfast and transportation between the hotel and airport which we felt was a good value.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mary G,
Thank you for choosing us and allowing us to welcome you to Panama's newest landmark hotel. We are happy to read you found our service and amenities to your liking and hope you were able to create wonderful memories during your stay. Come see us again!
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The waldorf Astoria Panama City had truly been one of the most warm, hospitable hotels we have ever had the pleasure of staying at! From the second we arrived we were spoiled by the one of a kind staff! Clara at reception and Wilfredo and Johnny in the lobby; Oliver, Anna, Jose, Zuleika...thank you all so much for taking such phenomenal care of us! In this hotel, the word no doesn't exist to them, they will do everything the possibly can to ensure a perfect stay. I would most certainly recommend this hotel to everybody, the levels of service as well as the actual hotel is amongst the top in the world!

• Stayed July 2014
MariaVictoriaB_WA, Public Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Panama, responded to this review, 20 October 2014
Dear Sabri J,
Thank you for letting us welcome you during your recent stay. We are delighted you enjoyed this time with us and more importantly that you remembered some of the names of the staff that helped you along the way. It is truly an honor for us to service our guests and allow them to experience the stay they deserve. We hope we have a chance to welcome you again during your next trip to Panama and help you create more wonderful memories.
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I would not hesitate to book and stay at this hotel if I ever find my self in Panama.
the service was wonderful, I had a car from the airport and cam into town via the old road(my mistake) when I had to go back to the air port that night I was told by the valet that i would need a pass for the toll;l road and i might have a problem the young girl on the front desk offered me her own pass so as I would not be late in picking my partner from her flight, well done!
best shush in town as well!!! huge rooms lovely bed and friendly and more then helpful staff!

Room Tip: get a suite you will be amazed at the size
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Francis L
Dear Francis L,
Thank you for allowing us to welcome you and thus give you the best in service in Panama City. We are delighted to have been able to help you during your trip and hope you had a chance to enjoy all of our service and amenities.
We hope to see you again during your next visit to Panama and welcome you to another memorable experience.
Manhattan, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a comfortable hotel. We stayed in a River View Suite on one of the higher floors. The room was huge (the size of a New York City apartment). It was modern and had a kitchen. It had a great view of the water. The staff of the hotel were friendly and very hospitable (ask for "Lily"). The location was central to many restaurants and seemed relatively safe.

The comfortable stay at the hotel was a highlight of our trip. From there, we took day trips out to different areas by taxi or tour provider. The cost was reasonable and the hotel is available to help set everything up. In addition, the hotel set up a car transportation for us, to and from the airport.

Psst - if you get there late and are too tired to head to one of the nearby restaurants, ask one of the staff. With one of the staff's good help, we had a very enjoyable evening, having food from a restaurant and a bottle of wine from a liquor store delivered to us.

Room Tip: I cannot speak to the other rooms. The River View Suite we booked was excellent.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CJayEE
Dear CJayEE,
Thank you for providing us with such descriptive and rich account of your trip. We are delighted to have welcomed you to a great stay and are very glad you were able to enjoy everything we have to offer. We look forward to host you and help you create more wonderful memories.