“An Unforgettable Experience”

Waldorf Astoria Panama
Ranked #13 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Arrived at Waldorf in Panama and it did not disappoint.

First of all the lobby has a wonderful smell. (Warm Vanilla Sugar smell.)

Staff could not do enough to help you. All greeted with a smile.

Concierge was most helpful in helping us set up a 5 hour tour of Panama City and Canal with a Great Guide from DPL Holding as well as getting reservations at restaurant.

We stayed on 22nd floor (what they called Condo rooms) which was accessed by elevators located behind main elevators.

The room was immense. Large entryway with washer/dryer unit tucked behind doors in entryway.

Straight ahead was a large living room area with TV and dining room area. The back wall had a breathtaking view overlooking Panama Harbor was floor to ceiling glass. There was also a full kitchen with a fancy coffee maker a fridge and cooktop stove.

The bedroom area was large. It is not enclosed and fully viewable from rest of room. Very Very Comfortable King size bed. There was also a separate TV in that area as well.

The bathroom was immense but with no door. Within the bathroom area was a large vessel sink and large vanity with many towels, the coveted Waldorf robes and slippers which my daughter could not get enough of, large closets with a dressing area, safe in closet and a toilet area with a glass door so no privacy. Make sure to advise family when using bathroom so no one walks in.

Above the bed in place of a headboard was a large window overlooking the shower area. Meaning unless you are traveling by yourself or with your spouse there is no privacy. I was traveling with a family so we had to get creative.

Rooms were very clean and well appointed. There was nice features which allowed you to turn off all lights or communal area lights with a touch of a button.

The Breakfast Buffet at Brio was exceptional. Again the staff was welcoming and formal. The coffee amazing.

We did not eat at Ginger but were in awe of the restaurant.

The pool area which we looked at was lovely. Small and quaint but did the job.

The Gym would put many other hotel gyms to shame.

The Spa was serene.

The Waldorf is located in the Bella Vista area.

Many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank claudiaB1
MariaVictoriaB_WA, Public Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Dear Claudia,
Thank you for your detailed account on your stay and for allowing us to welcome you during your recent visit to Panama. We are so excited your expectations were met and more importantly that you were able to have the first rate service and amenities you deserve. We hope to continue to welcome you during your future travels and continue to provide you with the same great service you expect.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed there during a business trip in June and have no complaints about this hotel. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were awesome - plenty of space, great service, very clean and very well kept overall. They made me feel special! The staff speaks good english and everyone I spoke to was very accomodating to call taxis, give us directions and advice. There's also an ATM in the lobby, which was convenient. WiFi in the room worked very well. Breakfast was a bit expensive, but the quality of the food served is good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear AL7000,
Thank you for your thoughts and for allowing us to welcome you during your recent visit to Panama City. We are delighted to have welcome you and provided you with the service and amenities you deserve.
We hope your future travels allow us to welcome you again and provide you with more fond memories. Come see us again!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Waldorf last month. Candy and Mindy were very helpful. I asked for a room on a high floor and they moved me up. I had a city view, rather than an ocean view, which I think turned out to be better. The hotel is off from the beach by a block and there are tall buildings in the front that obstruct the view. The city views are more interesting. The water in my sink would only go to lukewarm so it was hard to shave. The location is close to many restaurants and a short walk to the waterfront promenade called "la cinta" or tape. If you are a strong walker or runner, you can take it to the fish market and the old town. The Cinta is great for running in the early morning. I have attached several photos of my room including one I took from the outside.

Room Tip: Choose a room high up with city views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear rkpreston,
Thank you for allowing us to welcome you to Panama City. We are delighted to read you had a pleasant stay and were able to enjoy some of our amenities and city offerings nearby.
We hope you have a chance to visit Panama again and allow us to help you create more wonderful memories.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed in the Waldorf Astoria one night before a fishing trip and two nights after. This hotel is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Everything smelled good, the beds were very plush, the bathroom had a rain shower head, and the pool area was great! It is modern in style and very new (opened in 2013). Espresso maker in room. We ate at Brio Brasserie and the food was so good. The chicken soup and salad nicoise salad are what I recommend. The hotel has a great location with two excellent restaurants around the corner - Tomato Y Amor (Italian) and Market (Panamian grass fed steak). We loved sitting in the hot tub in the late afternoon with great views of the Panama Bay. I don't know how long the Waldorf will have this great view as it looks like something is going to be built directly in front of it. Darn. The staff were all very helpful. Wifi was 12.00 per day for 3 devices.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors on the right side of the hotel looking at Panama Bay have the best views. We...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Debby44,
Thank you for your words and for allowing us to welcome you during your stay in the city. It is wonderful to read you found our room, amenities and restaurant offerings to your liking. It is true there are many excellent things to see and experience near the hotel, and we hope you have a chance to experience more during a future stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Pure luxury. That is how I would sum up my stay here. Although I was only here for one night, I had a delightful time. As soon as I stepped out of the car, I was helped by a friendly bellman who carried my bag and escorted me to the desk for check-in. Check-in was very friendly and professional (arguably the most professional check-in experience I have ever had). The bellman provided me with an ice cold bottle of water while I was checking in. I was also introduced to my personal concierge. Once checked in, both the bellman and concierge escorted me to my room.

As an HHonors Gold Member, I was upgraded to a junior suite. The suite was immaculate. The shades kept the room dark so that I could sleep, and unlike other reviewers, I experienced no noise pollution. The bed was very comfortable. There was a mini-bar in the room. The bathroom featured regular amenities and a nice rainfall shower.

Check-out in the morning was easy, and once again professional. II got a clean taxi provided by the hotel to take me to the airport (charged easily to the room).

Though my stay here was brief, it was nonetheless perfect. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Fzedlach

Dear Fzedlach,
It is great to read about your short, yet sweet visit with us. Thank your for allowing us to welcome you and provide you with the piece and quietness you deserve.
We hope your future travels bring you back to Panama when we hope to welcome you again. We are here for you.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed for 1 night with my family. The hotel is close to cinta costera, there are many restaurants close by. It's also close to multicentro mall. Breakfast is really good and so is the service. Gym is good but not fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Andremodesto,
Thank you for your thoughts and allowing us to welcome you and your family during your short visit to the city. We hope you and your family enjoyed many of our service and amenities and found them to your liking. We hope your future trips allow you to make another stop in Panama and thus allow us to welcome you again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very different ambiance from the Manhattan flag ship. This is a new contemporary hotel, all white and gold and sparkly. The beds are terrific and the location is convenient. The staff reaches out to be helpful and arranged our Canal tour. We chose the business package including breakfast and transportation between the hotel and airport which we felt was a good value.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mary G,
Thank you for choosing us and allowing us to welcome you to Panama's newest landmark hotel. We are happy to read you found our service and amenities to your liking and hope you were able to create wonderful memories during your stay. Come see us again!