I write this from my room at the Hard Rock.
Great amenities but to put it three words or less - your service sucks.
But I'm fair, there is one bright spot - there was a young man at the bag counter his name was Carlos and he likes Wiz Khalifa (as in the service tags). Compliments to him for going out of his way to help me get change to pay the taxi driver. He knows what he's doing.
For the rest of the service thus far, abominable would be a fairly good choice of a word.
(1) I go to the gym in the morning, no greeting from the staff, in fact no form of acknowledgement
(2) I go to breakfast, no one seats us. We go around 10 minutes looking for a table, a wait staff at the restaurants, we spot a table but the wait staff tells us a table is reserved and we ask her to get us a table. She points us in the opposite direction, "There" and shrugs and walks away. Its rude. We walk across the room. All the unoccupied tables were not cleared. I had to hail down a manager and ask him to get us a table. We get a table 5 minutes later. Cool, rough start but we're happy to let it go cos we're on vacation. We leave our card on the table to indicate its occupied and get our food. When we get back, we find our table occupied by another couple (unwitting, but they were nice about it). Eventually, holding our plates of food we ask another staff to help with another table. We saw other frustrated guests commenting we've been looking for a table for the last 15 minutes!
(3) Generally, the staff doesn't smile doesn't bother with the niceties. You don't feel that welcome as a guest in the hotel. If that doesn't bother you, by all means - stay here. Hardware is nice. In another reviewer's word, the staff here seem to think they word for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Latin America's hottest destinations just got even hotter. In the heart of Panama you will find the spectacular Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis. This breath taking sixty-six story tower invites you to come and experience where rock star service meets urban chic design - all infused with the passion and irreverence of rock 'n' roll.Located just a few miles from the Panama Canal, this Hard Rock Hotel puts you center stage with breathtaking panoramic views of the city and the Panama Bay.Live like a true rock star in one of our 1453 stylish rooms and suites, then come experience our five exciting bars and four tantalizing restaurants, Ciao, Tauro, Soy, Bazaar. Relax in our Rock Spa(R) or soak in the sun at our infinity pool cabanas.Want more? The hotel is just steps away from MultiCentro Mall and Majestic Casino, offering amazing shopping, restaurants, bars, convention center, and movie theater.The show is about start...Are you ready? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis Panama City