“Nice one night stay”

Ranked #15 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
alaska
“Nice one night stay”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the HardRock Hotel for one night.
It was a weekend night. The hotel check in was very efficient. Our room was large with great view. 44th floor. Never had really hot water.
Bars and restaurants were what we expected in terms of prices and quality. There was good live entertainment. We had a great evening. The bed in our room was the best we had in Panama.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Service Coordinator at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
WOW!! Thanks chubdriver for charring your amazing experience with The Hard Rock Band. The band was really happy to have you booth at our wonderful stage. It’s great to know you loved the view of our incredible Panama City plus the service given by our hard rockers to each of our stars. WE are literary dying for have you back in the stage with your unique rocker spirit! LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NYC, NY
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I read previous reviews and the best tip was to ask for a room in the low 40s. Elevator banks go from 1-39 and then from 40-62. Getting a room in the low 40s will enable you to get to your room quickly after a day outside the hotel. The Soy restaurants was ok, nothing great, but quiet so if u want a quiet dinner meeting it is fine. It was a bit of a pain to walk to the convention several times a day for meetings, but at least it was a way to get some exercise. I signed up as a VIP and had turn down service nightly with a clean bathrobe placed in my room. Housekeeping did a good job. My hair blower outlet in the bathroom didn't work and the guy who came to fix it could not. Also, the AC was either blowing so cold that I froze, or if I turned it down it made the room very hot and humid. So i decided to keep the room cold and sleep with a sweatshirt. So aside from blow drying my hair in the bedroom area every morning, I had a pleasant stay.Bathroom lighting could be brighter too, was hard to put make up on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Service Coordinator at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thanks for taking your valuable time to let us know your review, ShariNyc_Ny! The Hard Rock Band is very pleasant to read this amazing words. Also have in mind that the band is always on constants sound checks and rehearsals taking in practice all of the reviews from our stars like YOU. We will love to have you back soon dear star. LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I missed a connecting flight on my way to Panama resulting in a no show at the hotel. When I contacted the Reservations department of the Hard Rock Hotel I made contact with Amarilys Caballero, who was thoroughly professional and compassionate to my situation. She allowed me to reschedule my stay which really impressed me. I am grateful to the hotel for doing this. It has also significantly increased my likelihood of staying at the hotel again. The hotel itself rocks. I really enjoyed the old school music videos played in the rooms. The rooms are enormous and the beds are super comfy. But for us the customer orientated reservastion's agent was the difference between an "excellent" and "very good" experience.

See ya soon,
Martin.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Service Coordinator at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thanks for your review Martin B! The Hard Rock Band always goes the extra mile to do anything for our STARS like you. It was really important to have you in the stage with us and we really liked to had you in it. We will love to have you back soon dear star. ALL IS ONE.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It's a unique choice, I enjoyed my stay and would doit again in a heart beat!
The place Rock's.
Every small detail of this mega estructure is well maintained the staff it helpful and knowledgeable.
You fell secure and well served.
Loved It.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Luis M
The heart of the Hard Rock Band beats a thousand times by minute with just reading this wonderful review of our stage, Luis M! Thanks for taking your time to let us the great time that you had with us in the stage, we will love to have you back soon again. LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 April 2014

What's an old guy like me doing at a rock hotel? Well, it is right across the street from the convention center, and thus naturally draws a lot of convention business. Check-in was friendly and efficient even though, at 9 PM, the noise from the live band just up the escalator was deafening. My room was spacious and the view was spectacular. A nice desk was in a separate area away from the bed, and wifi was free. The bed was very comfortable and the pillowcases have little guitar logos on them, if that does something for you. But the room was poorly lit and the TV channel changer didn't work. A hall light kept blinking on and off, and I couldn't get the thermostat to go below 24 degrees, so the room remained warm and humid throughout my stay.

As noted by others, the elevators are really slow, especially at peak times. The bars and public areas are busy, lively, and great for people-watching. Cocktails were well made and service comes with a big smile, although almost entirely in Spanish. The breakfast buffet was good but finding breakfast took some time because there are multiple restaurants and nothing in the room indicates where breakfast was.

I wouldn't stay here again, but it was entertaining - not your usual bland hotel.

Room Tip: Away from noise, higher floors for view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Service Coordinator at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear David W, Thanks for choosing the Hard Rock Band and for taking time from your valuable time to let us know your review from our magnificent stage. It’s great to hear that you liked most of the wonderful areas that we have. Also dear Star have in mind that the band is always on constant sound checks that make us to improve each day as a better Band. We will love to have you back soon in stage. LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our great experience was tarnished when the staff failed to mention that they were automatically charging for Service Tips, so every time I added a voluntary Tip, they smiled and happily took my Double Tp Overpayment which amounted to a few hundred dollars through our stay! They should be clear about this as it seems very wrong and deceitful. I have requested resolution but have not heard back from them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank tlipovski
HardRockMegapolisPA, Guest Service Coordinator at Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thanks for your review tipovski! The band was really happy to had you in stage, please have in mind that we will love to have you back soon. You will be receiving a direct message to your email. TAKE TIME TO BE KIND
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Let me start by saying I can't wait to return to Hard Rock Megapolis though there were some problems that were mostly resolved. No help was offered with my luggage upon arrival which was very odd. I carried all three bags to my room by myself. I immediately discovered the minibar fridge was room temp. I reported it & the staff said it was cold enough which was preposterous. My room was below a dance club which made sleep impossible. When I reported it, it took an hour to get a response & change to another room which turned out to be a true rock star experience. The fridge was cold & the view was AMAZING. Everything about the room & the stay from that point was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Dear Manuel V, Thanks for choosing the Hard Rock Band! The Band was really excited to have you in stage and we will love to have you back soon again. AMAZING is to know that you had a wonderful time and a true rock star experience. TAKE TIME TO BE KIND