“Lovely stay”

InterContinental Miramar Panama
Ranked #32 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 27 October 2013

In an excellent location you will be in great city neighborhood. The main attractions are nearby. The hotel offers spacious rooms, very clean and wonderfull food. I take my hat off to the fabulous buffet breakfast with just-in-time omelettes, variety of bread and I loved the waffles with pistachio.
Staff is very friendly. Special thanks to Linda for being so friendly during my stay. I had the chance to stay in a sea view room which was perfect.
The overall experience was amazing!

Room Tip: Room with sea view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Juliana P
Jackvine P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Firstly thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I will make sure to pass this message to all the departments of the hotel. Thank you for pointing out some of the things you appreciated the most like location, food, and customer service of our staff.

This will always be your home-away-home when you decide to visit Panama City again. We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We were greeted at the door in an extremely friendly manner. Check in was very easy. Front desk people were very helpful, especially aiding me to log on to the internet. Fantastic view from the balcony, watching the ships line up to enter the canal. We were looking for a "Panama" experience and the staff were only too willing to assist us, even the maintenance man who spoke very little English! Yes the place wasn't perfect, but I would stay there again for the atmosphere & location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Firstly thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor. Our main goal is to provide our guests with the highest standards of customer service; by reading your kind words I can see that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I am positive that we will see you again; this is your second home now every time you decide to visit our country. Thank you again for your kind words and I hope you have a wonderful day back home.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel as such is nice, rooms are big and modern. However, it is freezing in the hotel. No way to get warm. Also, staff is not very attentive. Nobody helps even to get luggage to the room. This is not 5* feeling. They could do better. Nice bar and pool area, location also is fantastic.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I will take into consideration your review to take corrective actions in the areas that you felt there was a lack of attentiveness from our hotel staff representatives. Good and bad reviews are what help us grow and avoid the same mistakes in the future.

InterContinental Miramar will always be your home away from home, and we hope you give us a second chance to show you our improvements thank to your feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Nice enough location but it seems this property has not been updated since the late 80s. I was shocked that it carried the intercontinental flag but it was certainly not the quality you would expect from this brand. When I arrived they said I was upgraded to a suite because of my status with the hotel chain. When I entered the 2 bedroom suite, there were broken wooden Venetian blinds in the foyer and the bathroom shower actually had metal Venetian blinds overlooking the water and traffics pattern (which were also broken). The decor was incredibly dated and the room has not been touched in 20 years. I was going to lunch with a client and it was raining rather consistently. When I returned the master bedroom was flooded. I changed rooms to a "renovated" suite which looked like they just went to Pier 1 on a shopping spree. The main dining room felt like a school cafeteria and the 5th floor lounge for top tier clients was desolate and unstaffed. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

On behalf of the hotel staff, I would like to apology if your recent experience with us did not meet your expectation.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. Thank you for pointing out some areas of improvements, I will make sure to take corrective actions.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was my second business trip to Panama City but the first at the Intercontinental, its a nice hotel , very nice swimming pool and the restaurant gives you a good choice, it also seems very popular with the locals, rooms clean and had a really good view over the bay. Would stop again.

Room Tip: Try and get a sea view if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TerryH307
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Firstly thank you for sharing your review with other travelers on Trip Advisor. I will pass this message to the Chef and restaurant staff to make sure they read how much you enjoyed the variety of options we offer to our guests. It will be more than an honor to have you back in all of your trips to Panama City, that way you can enjoy again some relax time at the pool after days of working.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in your next visit, and thank you again for sharing.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was our third trip to Panama, but our first stay at the InterContinental Miramar Panama. We previously stayed in a newer hotel in Panama City with many more options for dining and entertainment and more services, but found more personal service and friendly staff here at the Intercontinental Miramar. They made us feel at home everywhere we went in the hotel. We appreciated the upgrade to a suite with a straight-on, beautiful ocean view. While the street is below, it did not bother us at all or take away from the ocean view. The room itself may be a bit older, but it was still quite nice. You can see efforts have been made to upgrade the hotel rooms. The beds were comfortable and we slept well.
Because my husband was working, he relies heavily on good wi-fi and it worked well without incident.
The food in the restaurant is average, but the staff were friendly and accommodating. We chose the evening buffets for the choices and one night, the theme of the buffet did not have any fish, which I enjoy. I just made a passing comment to the host and he offered to have the chef cook some fish for me and include it in the buffet price. That was good customer service and well appreciated. The live piano music in the dining room at night is wonderful and enhances the atmosphere. We also had privileges in the Club Lounge. The staff there was unbelievably nice and I wish I could thank them by name. We felt totally spoiled by them. The breakfasts were complete and the evening cocktails and appetizers were of good quality.
We had fun on night in the lobby bar
The housekeeping staff I encountered were also very helpful. I needed a couple of things from them and they promptly brought them and asked if I needed anything else like they meant it.
We plan to return to Panama and hope to stay at this hotel again. We have now stayed at 3 different hotels in Panama and this is our number one choice because of the great ocean view and their wonderful staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley C
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Shirly,

Greeting from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Firstly thank you for taking some minutes of your valuable time to share with other travelers your recent experience at our hotel. I really appreciate the fact of reviewing a little bit about every department you had interaction with. Our number one goal and priority is to accommodate in the best way possible our guests needs during their stay, and I can see that you got to experience that extra mile our staff provided to you during the stay.

I will personally communicate this review to every department of the staff because I feel is imperative for them to know, that our guests really appreciate their work. You know you have a second home here with us; it will be an honor to have you and your husband back in your next visit to Panama City.

Thank you again for sharing, enjoy a beautiful week back home,

Warm Regards

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Clean, quiet rooms with a fantastic view of the ocean. Service was impeccable and location cannot be missed. For a few nights stay in Panama City and the daily stress when driving, this place was a real treat after a few days' business trip.
Would stay there again.

Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RoundandAround1981
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you sharing on Trip Advisor your recent experience at our hotel. Thanks to comments like yours, we keep on getting better day by day and offering that extra mile to our guests. I am delighted to read that even though the stress, we were able to offer you a fantastic view, clean and the most important quiet and comfortable stay.

I will be glad to welcome you back to our country, either for business or with the whole family to visit for vacations. The entire staff remains at your disposal and hope to see you back soon!

Warm Regards,