“Never gonna stay here again!!!”

InterContinental Miramar Panama
Ranked #40 of 117 Hotels in Panama City
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
“Never gonna stay here again!!!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

This is not what you expect when you travel to intercontinental Hotels...

We stay here for only for one night. Normally we booked for more nights, but we cancelled the last one. I've never seen before rooms which are so dirty like our first and second room. Everywhere flushballs and hairs on the floor, dirt on the pillows and many things more.

The reception Manager is very unfriendly. First of all, he inform us that we can't change the room. I tell him, that you can book other rooms on booking.com. And now it works. We get our third room. They had to clean again because of flushballs and hairs again...
Three different rooms and all rooms are dirty.

This Trip is our Honeymoon and we inform the Hotel about it in advance but we get the oldest and dirtiest room which we have ever seen.

Don't trust the comments on Facebook. Negative comments are blocked directly.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am sorry to read that your experience was less than satisfactory with us, I already passed this review to the Executive Housekeeping Manager and the Front Desk Manager to make sure this won’t happen again to any other guest in the future. Thanks to your feedback I am positive we will improve day by day.

I hope that if you happen to travel back to Panama City, you give us a second chance to show you our improvements. The entire team remains at your disposal.

Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Pros: The rooms are comfortable, the staff are nice and offer good service. Good internet connection. Nice breakfast. Amazing view.

Cons: a/c system kind of noisy, not a good offer of restaurants nearby.

if you are in Panama for tourism I would definitively recommend staying in the Casco Viejo area, there are several nice B&B and restaurants. If for business, the Intercontinental Miramar is a safe bet.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mariano L

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I will make sure to take corrective actions in the things that you mentioned as cons to our hotel, other than our in house restaurant the Bay View, all of the restaurant areas are between 10 to 15 minutes walking or less than 5 to 10 minutes by car where Calle Uruguay is, the main malls of the city and Old Town as you mentioned.

Thank you for also pointing out the good things, like the view, our service oriented staff and breakfast in our restaurant. We look forward to having you back if your future travels bring you back to Panama City.

Regards,

Irvine, California
Reviewed 22 January 2014

As a Platinum Ambassador member, I have stayed at a bunch Intercontinental hotels around the world, and this one is simply not up to snuff. I didn't have an overwhelmingly bad experience, I just found all of the services that I have come to expect from high-end hotels to be completely lacking here. First the good things about the hotel: Nice views; I was given early check-in and a room upgrade; attractive old-style lobby and bar; the room itself is outdated but in very nice condition and the bed was comfortable; and, the Concierge who helped me plan a day out in Panama was great. Now, what I didn't like: the internet is so slow that I couldn't upload or download anything during my stay; as an Ambassador member, I was not automatically given a bowl of fruit but had to ask for it; I called Instant Service AND the Concierge desk multiple times and got no answer ("instant", ha); I put laundry out on my door for next day service and it was never picked up, so I had to hold on to it until the next hotel since I was leaving the following day; the Executive Lounge is a joke, light snacks is an understatement and the breakfast was terrible and understocked; and, the elevators are painfully slow. Finally, one last piece of advice: if you stay here, make sure to request a room that doesn't face the city. It is INCREDIBLY loud with traffic noises!!

Room Tip: From reviews I've read, rooms on the higher floors have been refurbished (I'm on the 24th fl...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jenna S
Hello Mrs. Jennatron,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I regret that your hotel stay was less than satisfactory.

I have notified hotel managers of the different areas you mentioned need some improvement, so they can prevent this issue from happening to any other guests. The hotel is committed to guest satisfaction and we are grateful for your feedback. Our hotel strives to provide exemplary service, and I am sorry to learn that in this case, we fell short.

We hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Cordially,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The Intercontinental hotel is quite central in Panama city but not necessarily the best location. It is situated between 2 very noisy main highways! With constant traffic, honking of horns and sirens you could hardly call the location peaceful!! There is a light controlled crossing to get across the highway to walk into the main city … but the lights take forever and even then …just be careful and really wait until the traffic has stopped!
The hotel has an excellent pool area, a good gym, the restaurant is quite expensive, formal and dated. Where as the bar is very modern, yet dark and inviting.
The rooms are clean and spacious but maybe a little tired in sorts.
The staff in general were friendly and reasonably helpful.
Overall a good hotel but wouldn't be my first choice in Panama city, there are many better options.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor to avoid the traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bev082
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Bev082,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad you mentioned our friendly hotel staff and clean rooms. I greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. I apologize for the areas that we may have fallen short particularly with the noise challenges and condition of the hotel facilities. Rest assured these concerns will certainly be looked into for necessary improvements

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope we have the opportunity in the future to provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Panama, R. of P.
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We are group of friends, 4 couples , that for the last three new year's eves have chosen the Bay View Restaurant for our New Year's eve dinner.
(Noche Vieja in Spanish)

¿Why, we love the place?
Elegant, pleasant atmosphere, with a very complete varied buffet, (our de ouvres, ceviches, salads, consomé or sancocho a local soup, four main dishes, you can have one or more; fruits, and a generous desert table, at an attractive Price; no alcoholic beverages included, those are paid apart, also the service taxes and tip

The attention is excelent and what makes the top of the icecream, the the cherry of the icecream or the star( whichever is called) of the night is the pianist Mario Olivotto that makes the night so enjoyable with their interpretations while the dinner lasts.

The time of the event is from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm.

After that, the group to be together at midnight to say "Happy New Year", we have moved each two past years to a different place; as Panama City is close to the sea, and now has a beautiful l "Cinta Costera, a Causeway, we have been there.

This year a change happened, after the dinner at the Bay View, we were invited to see the "fuegos artificiales" at an open terrace of the house of the family of one of our friends, where we received the new year.

Each couple took our champagne, grapes, turrones, and finished the night with a delicious tamal de olla, another typical dish of the country, offered by the hostess of the family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for six nights. Some of the great features of the hotel included very modern and clean rooms. We were on Floor 21. The Maid Service was excellent and special note of appreciation goes out to Robert on the Club floor for his outstanding service and friendly demeanor. Arleen the concierge was also very helpful.

What was shockingly bad was the Sunday Brunch service. We were unable to get anyone to bring us water or a napkin. Other tables near us were being served but it was as if we were invisible. I made eye contact with a server and she deliberately looked away. Wow this is not Intercontinental service, this was horrible!!

We ate across the street at Le Meridian and had impeccable service and food.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, 8 January 2014

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Thank you for sharing your kind words to others on Trip Advisor. I made sure to forward this review to all departments and especially to Robert, Arleen and Housekeeping. I am sure these commentaries will make their day to keep on offering high standards of customer service to all of our guests.

On the other hand, also some of the points you mentioned about the restaurant service was also forwarded to the managers in charge, the corrective actions will be taken immediately and thank you again, because thanks to you we are able to allocate faster areas of improvement in our hotel.

Your business is valuable to us that’s why don’t hesitate to let us know your next visit to our beautiful country. I will make sure to have everything set for you, as you know now that InterContinental Miramar will be you second home if your future travel brings you back to Panama City.

Hope you enjoy a great week back home,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I visit Panama on business several times a year and I always stay at this hotel. Great ocean view, very clean rooms, bathroom is immaculate, large swimming pool where you can do laps, really nice restaurant, very attentive staff. I love this hotel.

Room Tip: Always ask for a higher floor with an ocean view!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank elj22
Jackvine P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, 27 December 2013

Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

I really appreciate you have taken the time to write on Trip Advisor your recent experience with us. As frequent guest it is always important to hear your experiences that way we know what we are doing well and what can help us improve.

I will pass this on to our entire staff, to make sure your kind words are heard. You have a second home with us every time you travel to Panama, and It will always be an honor to have you back living the Intercontinental Experience.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!