“Not so nice” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Dallas, Texas
“Not so nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

There's a nice Intercontinental in Costa Rica, but this is the poor shabby cousin. Also it sits right between two highways. So the pool in the intercontinental is only feet away from a noisy crowded highway. The rooms are outdated and tired, and the only saving grace would be the view go the ocean.

It looks good from the outside, but only that.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies are preferable.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting online your comments and for pointing out the ocean view we offer from most of our rooms, at the same time I am sorry to hear that the classic decoration of our rooms was something not very attractive to you.

Regarding the pool, most of our guest enjoy the contrast of having a relax time, with a nice big and clean pool right in the middle of the city overlooking the cinta costera and the skycrapers of Panama City I understand your point of view about the noise of the cars passing by the hotel and I would like to apologize if this caused you a little of inconvenience during your pool experience.

Thank you for the feedback, and I remain at your complete disposal if your future needs brings you back to Panama City.

jprescott@miramarpanama.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Excellent location, much easier to get there since the corredor sur opened.
Staff very helpful and pleasant, executive lounge well organized, stunning view on the entrance of the canal.
Gym ok but the rower had not been fixed since my last stay in december, and very nice pool.

Restaurant could be improved as far as the deco and the quality/ variety of food are concerned.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Philippe,

Greetings from Panama City,

Firstly thank you for all you kind words and feedbacks. I will take notes of all the good things you mentioned as well as some of our areas of improvements. Below you will find my personal information, don’t hesitate to email me letting me know you are coming so that we can have everything arranged for you, or if you might need any other services or questions you might have.

Thank you again and hope you have a wonderful day!

Jprescott@gmail.com
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

the Miramar Intercontinenal Hotel is a winner!! it has fantastic facilities.
A FULL GYM, spa, beauty parlor, nice pool with water falls, a great location in the
central business district, good service, nice rooms and Fantastic views on the ocean side.
we had good service too. they have a business club, where they serve breakfast and light dinners or snacks, on the 5th floor for a fee.
the only caveat is, that it can take for ever to get a taxi at the hotel, but
you can go to the back of the driveway and get one right away, although not a security
taxi. they are less money, and we had no problems.

Room Tip: we were upgraded, and they may be renovating some rooms, so make sure you ask for those rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, 8 February 2014

Greetings from Panama City,

First of all thank you for taking some minutes of your time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you got to enjoy all of our facilities like the gym, Club Lounge, beauty salon, pool and spa. Our goal is to make sure our guests get everything they need to relax and enjoy during pleasure or business travels.

Regarding the taxis, I will make sure to talk to the taxi department to reduce the waiting time to our guest. Thank you for the kind words and feedback, below is my information for you to have it in the future if your travel needs brings you back to Panama City.
Have a nice day back in Miami!

Guest Relations Manger
Broomfield, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business. Arrived with my boss. After check in discovered we had both been given the same room! Staff didn't appear to be very organized in most areas of the hotel.
Good location but hotel is noisy. I stayed on 13th floor and was still woken early every morning.
Breakfast was good as was lunch. Never had dinner there as went to Old Town most evenings. Rooms were fine. Clean and spacious but a bit dated.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Panama City,

Thank you for posting your comments online about your recent stay. I am sorry to read about the small confusion during check in time, I will make sure to communicate this to avoid this type of situations in the future. I am glad to read you enjoyed our restaurant as well as our hotel central location.

Sorry if the noise caused some issues during your stay, please let us know your next visit to panama to accommodate you the best way possible into a higher floor. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to have you back during your next visit. Below you will find my information for any question or help you might need in the future!

Warm regards,

Guest Relations Manger
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights after a trip to Costa Rica and enjoyed everything about it. I had requested a waterfront view and we got it, the room was spacious, clean and well appointed, and of course the view is spectacular. The bathroom was a little bit dated perhaps, but otherwise clean and well functioning. We had the dinner buffet the first night, the food is good and varied, something for everyone, and at a reasonable price too. Service was very good too. The breakfast buffet is equally plentiful, also served in the nice dining room overlooking the pool. The pool area is really nice, being that it's hot and humid to be out sightseeing this is great to come back to and a fabulous way to spend the afternoon, not very crowded either since most other people seemed to be there on business. The hotel location is perfect for shopping and sightseeing excursions, and the front desk staff helpful and friendly with advise. I would definitely consider staying here again if I return to Panama.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, 3 February 2014

Greetings from Panama City,

It is really nice to read all of your kind words about your recent experience at our hotel. I always make sure to pass around every type of review we receive on Trip Advisor to our entire staff, I know yours is going to make them feel really well about the services provided in the different areas you pointed out.

The hotel and I remain at you complete disposal to host your next visit to our beautiful country, it will be an honor to have you back enjoying the pool, the restaurant the views and our centric location to move around the city.

Have a wonderful day back home and thank you again for sharing!

Warm Regards,

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This was my 2nd stay. I booked a standard room. This pictures on internet show the new room style. However, all of them are still old. I managed to get an upgrade to an executive room that was new. This was my 2nd stay and the 2nd room where the shower thermostat does not work: either you burn your skin or shower cold. There is no water provided to the rooms on a daily basis. Capuccinos at bf are charges, though their regular coffee is a disaster. Staff does not really care about guests. All in all, the stay was very disappointing, I will for sure NOT go back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jackvine P, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Miramar Panama, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I have taken notes of all of your comments and posted them in your profile so we make sure according to your rate to accommodate your needs to an upgraded room. Review was sent to all managers and staff to make sure not to reduce our service oriented attitude towards guests.

Sorry again if we fell short in your experiences with us, but now that we know what we can do to make your stays better with us, I hope you give us a chance to show you how much we care we have to our guests. I remain at your disposal for any other comment of future reservations.

Regards,

North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

This is not what you expect when you travel to intercontinental Hotels...

We stay here for only for one night. Normally we booked for more nights, but we cancelled the last one. I've never seen before rooms which are so dirty like our first and second room. Everywhere flushballs and hairs on the floor, dirt on the pillows and many things more.

The reception Manager is very unfriendly. First of all, he inform us that we can't change the room. I tell him, that you can book other rooms on booking.com. And now it works. We get our third room. They had to clean again because of flushballs and hairs again...
Three different rooms and all rooms are dirty.

This Trip is our Honeymoon and we inform the Hotel about it in advance but we get the oldest and dirtiest room which we have ever seen.

Don't trust the comments on Facebook. Negative comments are blocked directly.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings from InterContinental Miramar Panama,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am sorry to read that your experience was less than satisfactory with us, I already passed this review to the Executive Housekeeping Manager and the Front Desk Manager to make sure this won’t happen again to any other guest in the future. Thanks to your feedback I am positive we will improve day by day.

I hope that if you happen to travel back to Panama City, you give us a second chance to show you our improvements. The entire team remains at your disposal.

Regards,