So, I can't find a place to review just the hotel's restaurant, so I will do that here.
I went to the Bay View Restaurant to have a nice Saturday lunch with some friends. Everyone very cordial and nice, nothing bad to say about the servers.
But man, was the food bad. It was one of the smallest buffets I've seen. And nothing was particularly good. Too little options. There was: one chicken dish, one meat dish, some carved ham (which was very good) and one fish dish. It had one rice dish, one cooked vegetables dish, some sort of puree dish and a pasta station which was FULL (if I knew that the food would be that bad, I would've waited like everyone else). I should also note there is a salad station and cheese and cold cuts, plus one ceviche dish. None of the meals described above made any sort of impact on me or any of my companions. The desserts were pretty bland as well.
Drinks: I ordered a mojito and it tasted EXACTLY like the one that Bacardi sells already from the bottle. It had a couple of spearmint leave that weren't even mushed. It was strong though.
Thank God we had a gift certificate, because I would have asked for my money back if I would've paid the $25 (or something like that) that it costs.
Another thing that bothered me was that the host knew about our gift certificate (it was for 10 people and there were only 4 of us) and he was very LOUDLY letting us know that we would not get a credit and we would lose the other 6 meals. We, of course, knew that, we know how this works; but man... the whole restaurant found out we had a gift certificate.
So in the end, I am not reviewing the hotel, but I had to let people know that the lunch buffet (at least on Saturdays!) is not good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Panama Bay and the financial district, this luxury Panama City hotel is ideal for business or leisure. Boasting spacious ocean view suites and a scenic walkway that takes you direct to the marina, the hotel is the perfect spot for watching vessels as they enter the famed Panama Canal. Relax at our poolside restaurant or indulge in a spa treatment. You're ideally located for designer shopping and local markets or exploring the colonial old town of Casco Viejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Miramar Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- Intercontinental Miramar Panama City
- InterContinental Miramar Panama Panama City