“Accomodation to my needs”

Panama Marriott Hotel
Ranked #15 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Jacksonville, Florida
“Accomodation to my needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

During a previous stay at Panama Marriott Hotel I had commented that I could not find a working ice machine on my floor and two floors above me and below me. I was entertaining some folks in my hotel room short while before dinner and had no ice. Actually needed to get a bag of ice from a store. In any event, I made that comment upon my departure check-out at the end of the week. The hotel clerk made a comment on my account and presumably reported it to management. With the exception of the lack of ice my stay was very good.

I returned to the Panama Marriott Hotel the following month 10/13 and was pleasantly surprised that the hotel had accomodated my desire to have a working ice machine on the floor. In fact my room was across the hall from the vending area, and ice machine. I thought that accomodation was great and a job very well done. Of course my stay that week was even better than the previous month. thank you.

Room Tip: when you arrive at your room perhaps check the ice machine and make sure it works well. the hotel h...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
PTYPA, General Manager at Panama Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to the Panama Marriott Hotel.

We appreciate your comments on our follow up to your inconveniences from your prior visit.
Hope to see you back in Panama.

Warm regards.

Luis Lopez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Korean first
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Everything was good about this hotel. It was nice-looking, all the people who worked there were friendly and helpful, and the room was really comfortable. The price was surprisingly reasonable. I wish I could get all this in other countries without paying an arm and a leg. There are a lot of newer hotels in Panama, but I would stay in this one again because I liked it so much.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel.

We appreciate your feedback on our staff.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Love the attention of every employee has for their customers. I stay here for bussiness and you guys got a loyal guest I look forward to many more visit. Clean rooms and friendly staff. I hope next time my visit will be for vacations so I can enjoy the city.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was here for three nights for a conference. The room rate ($159/night + tax) as part of a group was excellent.

The room was huge and comfortable. The desk was a desk a decent light, an adjustable chair and plenty of plugs. The bathroom and all the details were excellent. The woman who cleaned the room was unbelievably nice and helpful. My only complaint was that the wifi was spotty. It may have been because i had the last room at the end of the hall.

The meals that were part of the conference -- dinner Wednesday and Friday, lunch on Thursday, plus loads of coffee breaks -- were about what you would expect. Mass produced, nice looking and main courses overcooked. Soups, salads, desserts were excellent. The breakfast buffet, included in the room price, had a wide and ample amount of food.

I would definitely stay here again when I am in Panama on business.

Note to Marriott: Time to upgrade wifi in public areas and in the room I was in. It was very spotty.

Room Tip: I was on 14th floor. Very nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and thank you for the comment on our Housekeeping staff.

My sincere apologies on the inconveniences that you encountered with the internet service.

Come back soon.
Warm regards.

Noord, Aruba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

One my first day at Panama Marriott the attencion was wonderfull specially from Ana Aguilar from conciege. She was pending for everything that we need. My daughter was sick, her attencion to her was wonderfull. Breakfast in the Marriott cafe was super. Very nice we start with Dulce Maria, super super attencion every day from Orlando Perez & Sebanstian. Big thanks for all the staff from Marriott Cafe wonder service and attencion. Big thanks to all the bellboys that everday
helping us to put the scooter in the taxi. A big thanks for all the frontdesk staff.

What I think need to inprove a lot is the service from the champion. I ask for a sangria the bartender told my that will be take 10 min to make a glass of sangria. My husband drop a glass of
smoothie on the floor it take 10 min before somebody come to clean it. Champion really need to put a lot of attencion to the custumer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cybertico
PTYPA, General Manager at Panama Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thank you for your kind words on our wonderful staff.
We will celebrate your fantastic comments with the concierge and Marriott Café employees.

I have shared your feedback about the Sports Bar experience with our Champions manager in order so that we can improve our operation.

Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Average Marriott in clean safe area of Panama City. In the bank district of downtown you've got walking distance to a few restaurants. Beirut is across the street and has meals from $5-$15 with Lebanese flair but very good with belly dancers and such. Close by also is costa azul with more traditional dishes. $25 for 2 with a drink each about common and recommend the seafood...

Walk just up the street from costa azul and take a right you hit supermercado el Rey. Safe walk and they have everything you need for your stay at the Marriott....

Cab fares from the Marriott ran $35 airport. $28 miraflores locks, $20 causeway, $12 old city..

Local taxis about 10-20% cheaper...

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank clarkkr79
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Hotel is within walking distance of anywhere you want/need to go. Staff helpful and plenty of them.The better restaurants are a bit of a hike, but doable. Avoid the nearby restaurants, do not serve good food, there is a 24-hour one close to hotel, terrible service, grumpy female servers, avoid it. There's an Indian restaurants a few blocks away is good food and service. When I think of the name, I will post a review on it.

Room Tip: Ask for oceanview, we did not get one. The city view not so good. Nice jacuzzi and usually unoccup...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends