“Excellent hotel”

Panama Marriott Hotel
Ranked #16 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Travelled here on business. The room given was excellent, quiet and very comfortable. Excellent facilities throughout.
Breakfast was downstairs in the Champions Diner, and chef was on hand to cook your eggs like you would like them.
Arranged late checkout too, an hour at no extra cost, which is sometimes refused at other hotels.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed 27 January 2014

if you're a westerner, looking for a western-style hotel-this is the place. It looks/ feels like every other Marriott in the good ol' USA- there will be no surprises.If you want to feel like you never left Kansas City , stay here. If you want to consort with the locals, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sonny062
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The Marriott is just as advertized -- comfortable, clean and modern. Despite a very late arrival, we found the staff was courteous, generally bilingual and helpful. Our room was on the 11th floor and had none of the noise problems reported on lower floors. The room was large, well-appointed and had a welcome cheese platter. There were the normal extra charges -- in our case $6 for bottled water-- but we were not charged for in-room WiFi, which was very good. Champions Sports Bar off the lobby was convenient for a basic lunch and resembled an American sports bar, except for mostly soccer on the many TV screens. Sabores, also off the lobby, was excellent for a light meal or breakfast. We did not use the large restaurant because of noise and crowding. The pool was cooler than we are used to, the hot tub full of partyers. The hotel is at least 30 minutes from the airport, and has no shuttle. Since our transfer failed to show up, a cab cost $38 (including tolls) plus tip. We obtained an Englisdh-speaking tour guide/driver (Santiago) through the concierge, and he was excellent. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed at this Hotel over 20 times in the past view years never an issue and the customer service is amazing. Great local entertainment around this location as well. Great food at both the main restaurant and the sports bar with a good casino attached.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights before our trip to Bocas Del Toro. It is a beautiful hotel with great service and everything you would expect from a top notch full size Marriott property. It is situated in a congested area of downtown, but once you are in the hotel, you cannot tell you are in such a large city. We are Marriott members and had the opportunity to be upgraded to a Junior Suite which was absolutely gorgeous. Even had a TV as part of the bathroom mirror! The Concierge Lounge is very large with plenty of room for socializing, eating, relaxing. Also, we stayed using a AAA discount and it was only $92.00. We were very pleased we booked this hotel for our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights prior to a Windstar Cruise. The hotel is lovely and very well kept. We had requested a higher floor room as recommended by trip advisor and the hotel obliged with an 11th floor suite. We would also recommend the higher floor as Panama City is very busy and can be quite noisy. The front desk staff were unfailingly smiling and courteous and very helpful with a couple of issues we were having (not with the hotel). The pool deck was nice as well, although ordering a (bar) drink through the fitness center was reaaaallly slow! The lobby bar and cafe were closed for renovations, so we ate at the coffee shop in the lobby a couple of times and were always impressed, however, the other restaurant, a sports bar called Champions was another story. We decided to have dinner there on our second night. NOT IMPRESSED! We started by ordering a couple of drinks from our waitress, whereupon she disappeared. 10 or 15 minutes later we flagged down a different server (keeping in mind that there were only about 8 people in the restaurant including us) and she finally went and got our drinks. We decided to start off with "Classic Nachos". Not too complicated, right? About 30 minutes later after asking about our order a couple of times they arrived. Talk about the worst excuse for a plate of nachos!
Not only was the whole plate almost cold, the (cheese) which also was cold was blander than Cheeze Whiz. Totally tastless. After a couple of tastes we sent them back and left the restaurant, figuring that anything else on the menu would be just as bad. I know that this is "only pub food" but given the general level of this hotel we were really disappointed. Bad food and bad service was unexpected.
We would still recommend this hotel, but would hope that when they finish their renovations, the food choices will be better.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank perkinsgroup
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This hotel was absolutely and amazingly clean. The receptionist was very courteous and gave such a warm welcome. On entering I noticed how organized the hotel was. It had a homely feeling to the place. The staff was very friendly and everyone was helpful always with a pleasant smile. I felt wonderful and was never worried while there because all the staff members were there to help me. There was this incident were I was using my card wrong to get access to my room via the elevator and I keep popping in on the wrong floor, an employee of the hotel, a kitchen staff noticed I was in difficulty and left what he was doing and made sure I reached the floor I was allocated to. I was surprised that he left his work to assist me. The room was very neat, there was a mini kitchen,an office and a living room space. The bed was very comfortable and their lighting fixtures was modern. They have a wonderful pool with such beautiful scenery of the area around,I was able to view other buildings as the outdoor pool was on one of the floors. Their meals was really tasty but there wasn't much of a variety to choice from though. The dining area had a modern decor which I believed was stunning. My overall stay at the Marriott Hotel was exceptionally memorable and I would definitely stay there again if given the opportunity. Wonderful location since it is walking distance from all the fine restaurants and happening places to be in Panama City. I felt extremely safe at this hotel. They even called a taxi for me nd the driver was able to give me a tour as well before heading back to the airport to depart. It was unfortunate that I only stayed for one night at this hotel, if I had known it would been better than the other ones I stayed, I would have stayed there throughout my entire trip.

• Stayed: August 2013