“Great!”

Panama Marriott Hotel
Ranked #15 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I was in April 2013 and i really like it. The rooms are clean and really spacious. Service very good. The reception is very great and the staff were incredibly friendly and the breakfast was fresh. Great location. Thank you for everything.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bilge1991
PTYPA, Front Office Manager at Panama Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Bilge1991,

We appreciate your time in sharing with us your experience.
The service is one our key priorities, we will share your kind words with our hotel staff.

Please come back soon!

Thanks again,
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I was in a business travel last week , the conservation and reception was fantastic. Food and drinks too
The champion bar have a good Food and interesting drinks in a nice place.
All employees show a fantastic attention, including housekeeping, reception and restaurant.
Of course this hotel is the best placebo to stay

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank julio988

Dear julio988,

Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review from the Panama Marriott Hotel.
Our hotel is known for our fantastic staff, they always go above and beyond to make our guest feel special.

Obrigado,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stay here whenever I'm in Panama. The hotel is clean, convenient, and comfortable, and staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel gym is absolutely the best I've ever seen. I highly recommend staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't sleep on the sides of the hotel facing the Beirut or the nightclub. Very loud at night
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CaitAG

Dear CaitAG from Washington DC,

It is very nice to hear that we are the first option for your stays in Panama and for recommending our hotel.

Thank you for your loyalty and the great comments on our two stories gymnasium.
We look forward to your return visit and hopefully to meet you in person.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is a lovely hotel in the middle of Panama City. Unfortunately, it is not right on the water, but it is a beautiful property with large, clean rooms and excellent staff. The check-in attendants and concierge were very helpful and spoke decent English. While I did not use the pool since I was only there for one night, it was pretty and clean. There was a great work out area near the pool for those who wish to stay in shape. There is also a small, smoke-free casino adjacent to the property. Overall, it was a very safe hotel. Note: Copa/United Employees stay there when they have layovers. (The crew from my plane checked in right behind me.)

I arrived late at night since I was there due to a layover, and I had to return to Tocumen Airport in the morning. The Concierge Desk changed the arrival time of my taxi driver to an hour earlier so that he could drive me to the Miraflores Lock of the Panama Canal, which is about 30-40 minutes from the hotel. It opens at 9 a.m. It is absolutely worth the time to visit the canal. It is only $10 or $15 each to go through the museum/viewing area. I wish I had more time there to see the museum, but I didn't want to miss my flight.

Both of the drivers from Tourism Full Services (the taxi company that Marriott uses) were excellent. Miguel, who drove me to the canal spoke excellent English, provided details about the area we drove through, and helped me with my Spanish. (Adolfo who drove me to the hotel the night before did not speak any English, but we still had a great drive while I tried to talk to him with my rudimentary Spanish. I also had no issues locating him at the airport.) I did not have any issues with the direct bill to the hotel option. It worked great for me, and the drivers did not try to get me to pay them directly. It cost $40 from the airport to the hotel, and was originally supposed to cost $35 to return before I added the cost to go to the canal first.

The lobby is undergoing construction.

There is a small coffee/sandwich shop on the first floor across from the concierge desk. (Surprisingly, it also has gluten free options for snacks.) There is a nice bar, which is where they serve the breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was tasty and had many options to select from.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jacalyn,

We are very thankful with you for taking the time to write such a lovely and detailed note from your one night experience at the hotel.

We have been always recognized for our clean and spacious rooms. We look forward to your return visit to the hotel so you can try our pool and fitness center facilities.

It is an honor to receive such good comments from our front desk and concierge staff. We will make sure our taxi company gets the good reviews from Miguel and Adolfo.

Our lobby and main restaurant will be ready soon; we encourage you to come back to Panama and enjoy the variety of options we will be offering.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I spent five nights at the Panama Marriott and had a wonderful experience. While the hotel is undergoing renovations, one of the elevators didn’t work all of the time (another was close by) and the drain in our bathtub was slow (A call brought a serviceman up immediately to fix), the staff was so service-oriented that it was easy to overlook any imperfections. Everyone, including the desk staff, the bell staff and especially the concierge staff (shout out to Natalie) made us feel at home.

I especially recommend this hotel to Marriott Gold and Platinum members as the 14th floor club room offers fantastic hot breakfasts, snacks/beverages through the day, appetizers and desserts and more. In addition, members receive the fantastic services of concierge staff, who are more than happy to arrange cabs, help you plan local trips and set up dinner reservations. I never felt so pampered!

While the outdoor pool is small, it has comfortable reclining chairs with umbrellas to protect against the sun and a hot tub (if you really want to stay warm).

The hotel is only about a 10 minute from the Ocean and a scenic route along the shore. It is safe to walk there and to many excellent restaurants in the area.

Bottom line: The hotel isn’t perfect but the staff will overcome any deficiencies you encounter.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PTYPA, Front Office Manager at Panama Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear GRC_10
We appreciate you for taking the time to review the Panama Marriott Hotel.
We are delighted that you had a wonderful experience.
Our Marriott Elite Members do love our executive lounge on the 14th floor with all the super amenities.

We have shared your comments with Natalie and she was extremely happy to be mentioned.

Thank you very much for your kind words on our hotel staff. We will post your review on the hotel information board where all the hotel employees can read it.

Looking forward to your return visit to Panama.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We just spent 6 nights at the Panama Marriott, and it was a wonderful experience. The bell staff and desk staff were great: attentive, helpful. Room requests were accommodated (we stayed twice over the course of a 9 day trip), questions answered, reservations for restaurants and cars were made, details remembered. Rogelio and Carlos (bell staff) were especially helpful. Two of the best - and most memorable - hotel representatives I have ever worked with at any hotel! everyone went above and beyond what's normal to answer questions and to help.

Room Tip: We asked for quiet rooms and got them - I'd let the hotel staff guide you on what's best. Th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
PTYPA, Front Office Manager at Panama Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear vicky s:
We are so happy that you had a brilliant experience at the Panama Marriott Hotel.

Carlos and Rogelio were very excited to be mentioned in your review.
They are great representatives of the Marriott family.
We have also shared your comments with all the employees of the hotels.

Looking forward to your return visit to Panama.
Warm regards

Reviewed 27 April 2014

the staff are very friendly especially Berta,
and cleanliness of the rooms is excellent, the breakfast buffett restaurant is very delicious and you can sleep quietly, just think they should expand the pool área.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear alegon0505:

Good day! Berta is very honored to be mentioned in your review of the Panama Marriott Hotel.

We have shared your comments with the Housekeeping and Restaurant departments.
Thanks again and come back soon.