“Nice hotel to stay, ideally as a stop-by before visiting new places in Panama”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Panama Canal, Panama
Ranked #30 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hotel location is quite good : really close to the Panama canal and your balcony view is almost open to the Canal entry (you can see sometimes the boats awaiting for entry the Canal). Nice view but nothing exceptional. 15 minutes from the old city (Casco Antiguo) on the Panama bay, monger if you need to go to the new city section.
Hotel is quite big and features are good with wifi, well equiped rooms, pools (even if I didn't really liked it), the breakfast is just really nice with a rich variety of fresh fruits, breads, local foods, fried eggs,etc. Personnel is friendly and helpful
Ideal service for families or couples or when you are traveling through Panama and you want to stay a few days in each location. There is a TGI Fridays just in the hotel corner.
Pros: equipments, breakfast, friendly personnel / Cons : Very (too) quite, diner restaurant is always empty, taxi use to ask you more to go to the old city but you have to negotiate

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony with Bay view, even if the pool can be a bit Noisy with children (what h...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Raul_Hernandez507, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Panama Canal, Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choose the Country Inn and Suites Panama Canal during your last visit.
We are very grateful for the time dedicated to share your positive comments about our Hotel, fills us with pride to hear that it has been able to enjoy our products and more still that the service provided by our staff has been to his liking.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your last visit we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Country Inn & Suites Panama Canal

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I use this hotel sometimes because the office of my company is close to it, but the hotel is awful.
The hotel personnel is friendly and helpful, although they always tell you there is no other rooms available if you go down to ask to change rooms, unless you find the right guy to help you.
Since we are here for business, we always get the rooms without canal-view. The hotel has rooms that are better, but most of the time I am in an older room.
These rooms are smelly, they have the smell of a home of very old people.
The televisions are old, so connecting a computer is not possible (some rooms have flat-screens).
The showers are the worst part, the temperature of the water changes all the time. They go from hot to cold and back to hot. DO NOT LEAVE CHILDREN ALONE IN THE SHOWER.
The hotel is situated on a good location, and has a spacious parking.
Breakfast is good, but not always fresh. I already had bread with green spots, but most of the time it is good.
The internet connection can be fast, but is down sometimes. Internet is free and only wireless is available.

I don't like the hotel, because the rooms are old and you can not take a shower the way it should be. I would not recommend this hotel at all, there are way better hotels in the same price range.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lieven V
Raul_Hernandez507, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Panama Canal, Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the Hotel and with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss your comments and suggestions about the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Nice place. Get a room with a balcony, and of course a canal view! There are two buildings. One old, and one new. Get in the new one. First they put us a old building room without a balcony, but made up for it the next night. Then we decided to stay for 5! The breakfast is a wonderful, yummy, variety. Staff is nice. Management took care of us when we had a problem with our room. The pool is awesome and we hung out here for 5 nights instead of the two we booked.

Room Tip: You want the new building and with a balcony. Canal view is best!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I'm wondering if I stayed in the same hotel as some of these recent reviews. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet, with an excellent view of the Panama Canal and the Bridge of the Americas. The facility was well-maintained with a very good quality breakfast. Service was excellent and friendly. Wi-fi worked very well.

The location has many positives, but it's something to consider. It is in a quiet area a few miles west of the bustle of downtown Panama City. The canal views are nice and it's convenient to canal sites. It is a very long walk (which I felt was safe) to the restaurants of the Amador Causeway. It is definitely a cab ride into Panama City, as that is not walkable. However, there are cab drivers based right out of the hotel that make this less of a problem if you want access to the sites and nightlife of Casco Antiguo or downtown Panama City. If you want to be in the middle of the action, stay somewhere in the Financial District. If you want a quiet location with easy access to the nightlife, this is a very good choice.

Room Tip: Get a canal view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank retrofuturistic
Raul_Hernandez507, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Panama Canal, Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear guest:

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of our stay in Panama and liked it so much we booked it again for our final night after touring the country for 2 weeks. Excellent location outside of downtown and close to the dock for the water taxi (speed boat) to Isla Taboga. On check in the staff were friendly and accommodating. While we attempted to use our limited Spanish there English was excellent. Our room overlooking the canal on the first night was a little tired but large and functional. If you want a view of the canal this is what you get. On our second visit we had a room in the new wing which overlooked the front courtyard. It was modern and easily compared to any 3 or 4 star property in North America. As we spent most of our time at the pool the view from the room was of little importance to us. There was a great selection of food at breakfast however there seems to be some issue of keeping it hot. Even when fresh pans came from the kitchen to refill the buffet they were cold. The pool was fantastic, the business center with free internet access was a nice plus (especially if you don't travel with a laptop). WHile we didn't use the gym the equipment was all new and in good condition. If you are looking for 5 star this is not for you, but it was a great price for the services offered and the surroundings. We would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: You'll pay more for a canal view room, however the rooms in the new wing are more modern and up...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Raul_Hernandez507, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Panama Canal, Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Lou:

We are very grateful for the time dedicated to share your positive comments about our Hotel, fills us with pride to hear that it has been able to enjoy of some products and more still that the service provided by our staff has been to his liking and thank you for everything, we will improve on your suggestions mentioned.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The view of the America's bridge is about the only good thing I can say. Upon arrival, I was not sure that the sheets were clean - they were all crumpled, but on close examination I decided they would do, but I still have my doubts. ( A colleague in another room determined that her sheets were still from the previous guests and demanded housekeeping to change them). The smell in the room was horrible: moldy and damp and even opening the balcony door did not help. The air conditioner dripped and it was also hard to set the temperature. The cleaning was inconsistent - sometimes there would be 4 new towels; sometimes only one. A face cloth today, but none the next day. Not all the light bulbs worked. Half way into my 5 night stay, I caught a terrible cold and decided to return to my room at 4pm to lie down - to my horror, the room had not yet been cleaned/ made up. I totally flipped out - probably due to the fact that I was feeling so ill - and marched down to the front desk to request the room to be made up. There were 6 young people at the front desk doing nothing (!!!!) and they were not terribly helpful, but the Manager stepped in and got things moving. He also offered me a cup of tea while I waited for the room to be ready ; he also offered to call a doctor; and the next day I got a huge basket of fruit with a personalized letter apologizing for the delay. While I certainly appreciate these efforts, I still cannot recommend this hotel. Owing to my cold I needed to use the tissues in the bathroom: they smelled of mold - disgusting!!! and I used toilet paper instead until I could buy some myself. The breakfast buffet, which was included in my room rate, ran out of food every day, as there were so many guests. I got the feeling that the hotel was not equipped to deal with the large number of guests. Less staff at the front desk and more in housekeeping and in the kitchen/ dinning room would be recommended. This hotel is in urgent need of a renovation as well as more and better trained housekeeping staff. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: The nicer rooms face the canal. I did not have one of these.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Raul_Hernandez507, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Panama Canal, Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the hotel staff. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. We are especially sad to hear that your last stay not was like you was waiting.

Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel's view to the boats passing by to the canal and the bridge of the americas is AMAZING the breakfast was very delicious. THEIR SERVICE IS THE WORST I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED. First they gave me a room that was not clean so they gave me another room they called "an upgrade" which actually was the same room. The way they spoke to us and other guests is horrible that front desk clerk has no customer service at all!! I will never ever stay again with them and i woudnt recommend this hotel to anybody!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maru Z
Raul_Hernandez507, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Panama Canal, Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the hotel staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. We are especially sad to hear that your last stay not was like you was waiting.