“Wonderful”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The service, quality of the rooms and hotel staff are exceptional! We can not say enough wonderful things about how accommodating the Bristol is at handling our children's food allergies. Julio was outstanding and truly went out of his way to help us with our son. The rooms were enormous and the quality of the bedding, towels and furnishings were amazing. The internet service was great. The spa and gym are great with an excellent staff. I would highly recommend the hotel for a business trip or a family get away. The only issue is the pool is that of a true city hotel and therefore quite small.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Your compliment are really a positive stroke for us and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

We were more tan happy to help and prepare you some special meals for your children. I know how stressfull this could be and it is our duty to give to our guests the best posible experience in Panama.

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Panama and wish you a Happy New Year!

Pierre Berthier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Korean first
Naples, United States
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Bristol Panama was recommended by a business associate living in Panama. He knows my taste for quality and exceptional service and was confident that the Bristol would meet my expectations.

The recently-renovated building is beautiful as are the grounds. The restaurant and bar are lovely as was the food and drink. The service was exceptional. The room was just a little smaller than I would have preferred, and I think that the AC was not quite as cold as I would have liked it to have been. The crown molding and antique furnishings went a long way toward mitigating these minor distractions.

With so many options available, it is possible that I will try another hotel when I book my next trip to Panama City. However, there is no doubt that I will return to The Bristol, and that it may find its place as the only place for me.

Room Tip: Try a room in the recently-renovated Towers.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 30 December 2013

I am happy to see that you enjoyed the food from our well known Chef Cuquita.

Next time, I kindly suggest you to have a Spa treatment on our last floor, from the relaxing room, you will be able to see the all bay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 December 2013

There are several nice hotels in Panama City and we choose the Bristol for our most recent stay....great location and relatively polished service in a small upscale property in the heart of the city. You can walk to lots of places and the hotel has a nice breakfast buffet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 26 December 2013

Lafayette, California
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This hotel ranks right up there in fine hotels worldwide and I've stayed in many. Excellent condition, amenities, staff and reasonably priced. Not cheap but reasonable for what you get in comparison to other choices. Quiet stated elegance with an excellent restaurant and even for those interested, I'm not, a bar scene and disco. Emphasize quiet and elegant.

Room Tip: Choose view side otherwise you're right next to another building even as high as ten floors up w...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We spent the first two nights of our trip to Panama at the Bristol. While the surroundings are a little commercial and seem a little dirty and run down, the Bristol was an oasis in the middle of it all. Once inside it is hard to tell where in the world you are - you are just in a fine, comfortable hotel with a friendly staff. Some might miss the local flavor, but the large assortment of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel still allows you to experience Panama City.

After our initial stay we spent about a week traveling around Panama and returned to the Bristol. It was nice to end our trip back in the comfortable confines of the Bristol before the long trip home.

We had two issues on our second stay. The first issue we had was the water in our room did not work in the evening. We had a similar problem in Bocas del Toro, but there is a big difference between a remote island and Panama City. We called the front desk who said they would send someone. About 30 minutes later with no results we called again. Again, they said that they would send someone. About 30 minutes later the water was working, no one from the staff ever did respond to the request. But the water did work.

The second issue was the sound from the bar echoed through the hotel until very late in the night. We are not sure if there was a different event the second time we were there, or the fact that we were on a lower floor and much closer to the bar was the problem. Nevertheless, if you are a light sleeper make sure you request a room as far above the bar as you can get.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Please accept my sinceres apologies for the incoveniences that you had during your stay in the hotel and this wáter problem issue. I will investigate when this happen as I have not been reported from y staff regarding this shortage problema during one evening.

I am happy to see that you liked the hotel and make sure to correct the two issues that you mentionned me.

We hope to welcome you during your next visit to Panama and have a complete different experience of The Bristol.

Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

A plaque outside the hotel reads, " One of the Leading Hotels in the World." The rooms are nice, workers are generally courteous--but the staff is not well trained enough to merit that rating. Example: they let us know the water would be for a few hours, which turned into the whole day--ok, understandable. However, their attitude (to me and others was essentially, "too bad, so sad you are inconvenienced because you stayed at our hotel when we happen to have issues." They did nothing to mitigate those circumstances. That evening, after telling me the water would be out for 20 min, I ran for an hour and came back sweaty. The water was still out and I had to struggle to let me take a shower in the spa (which they said wasn't possible). The staff made no arrangements for bottled water. The water never came back on, so they finally moved me to another room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Please accept my sinceres apologies for the incoveniences that you had during your stay in the hotel especially with wáter issue.

I will investigate when this happen as I never been aware of a wáter shortage lately and definitly my staff must be there to help our guests.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I very much enjoyed the Bristol. Luxurious is the word that comes to mind. The decor is a cross between an upscale European feel and vintage Hollywood from the 1920s. The restaurant (salsipuedes) was tasty, and their breakfast buffet was yummy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelly H
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 15 December 2013