“A good boutique hotel”

The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA
Ranked #9 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Very good for a three or so nights. Comfortable surroundings with efficient staff. Lounge bar 8.58 very good for drinks and snacks or light lunches. Only negative for us was the Beandas Restaurant - staff disinterested, weird food combinations, and bleak atmosphere.

Room Tip: Couldn't fault the de-luxe room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Your compliment are really a positive stroke for us and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

I'll pass on your comments regarding our Salsipuedes restaurant to our F&B Manager in order to correct the waiters attitudes.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Bristol and enjoyed our week stay at this boutique hotel. The bartenders, Pauoli, Fidel and Carlos, and servers in the 5th floor lounge were wonderful and always remembered what we liked. Even though we did not have a room in the new tower, our room was large with a separate living room area from the bedroom. It was very homey and loved the décor. The rooms are cleaned and fresh towels are given twice a day. I can't say enough about the hotel staff, the concierge's and the front desk clerks, were wonderful. I had a medical issue while I was there and their concern and quick response was admirable. The hotel is within walking distance of restaurants and casinos. The hotel's personal taxis were always clean and arrived timely. Charlie, one of the drivers, went above and beyond in his concern of my injury. It was sincerely appreciated. The taxi service is something you should consider taking to/from the airport. I would highly recommend this hotel and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

I'll pass on to Charly your comments, I am sure that he will happy to see it. As well to our bar team from the Lounge 8'58 on the 5th floor.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This boutique hotel is perfect if you want a quiet and elegant place to stay away from the crowds. The dining facility is also a good place to eat. We had the paella for two for dinner and the portion was too small for two people. It was delicious. Perhaps we should have known as the price was very inexpensive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

I am happy that you enjoyed all our food and beverage service in our restaurant Sal Si Puedes. I am proud to mention that our Chef Cuquita is considered as one of the best panamenean chef in the country. I will tell that you considered the served portion to be a bit too small.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

As soon as you enter the lobby your senses come alive and scream "this is the place". The ambience is spot on and the experience continues throughout. The bedding alone is worth the trip - when the wife refuses to get out of bed, you know you have a winner...

Staff are a well oiled machine focused on meeting and exceeding guest expectations. The included breakfast buffet is such a wonderful way to start the day! Dinner in the same room at night is a gastronomic delight.... Don't miss the 5th floor lounge, exercise room and lap pool.

When you check out of a hotel and get that sticker shock at the front desk it usually sours the experience - when you leave the Bristol, the reaction is "really? Is that all". The corporate rates are absurdly reasonable.

Can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: Get any room ending in 11
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

I am happy that you enjoyed all our food and beverage service in our restaurant Sa Si Puedes. I am proud to mention that our Chef Cuquita is considered as one of the best panamenean chef in the country. Maybe should you come back, you'll have to try our Spa on the last floor next time

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Panama and wish you a Happy New Year!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I feel the hotel does not live up to the Leading Hotels of the World standard. Whilst the room and bathroom were very nice the little things which are advertised as making the hotel stand out from others are not followed through on. Morning coffee did not arrive 2 mornings and came at the wrong time on the last. Fresh fruit was never replenished and neither was the bottled water. There was no price list for the mini bar. Butler never answered phone. We could not get to sleep until 3 am on Saturday night because of noise from an event at the hotel and when asked that it be brought to a manager's attention at check-out there was no follow up. Reception staff were very nice but their English was limited, I understand that Panama is not an English speaking country but a hotel of this caliber should have at least one fluent speaker on the desk at all times considering the clientele. All in all I liked the hotel but these details would prevent me from recommending a friend pay more to stay here than the Marriott around the corner.

Room Tip: If you do stay at the Bristol ask to be given a room in the Tower away from the function room in the...
Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Please accept my sinceres apologies for the incoveniences that you had during your stay in the hotel especially with wáter issue.

I will investigate regarding the noise on saturday night, but I know that we had a 280 persons weeding and we should have put all coming guests to high floor.
As you probably were in one of our just fully renovated room. For the phone, I believe that it hast been unprogrammed during the refurbishing. Thank you for bringing this up to my attention.

Please accept my apologies for our Butler service, I'll check that this is not happening anymore. For the english we are organizing with our Human Ressource department some english course especially for conversation with guest within the hotel in order to ensure that our staff assist.

We hope to welcome you during your next visit to Panama and have a complete different experience of The Bristol.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Service from a bygone era here. I arrived quite late after dinner for a one-night stay on business. How lovely to be greeted by a desk attendant telling me that they had been expecting me; my bags were whisked away while I checked in (complete with personal business cards for the hotel with my name imprinted). I was given a brief tour so I would know where to come for breakfast, then shown to my room where all was in perfect order. The internet connection took a bit of figuring, but a call to the front desk soon had this corrected. Just as I had finished unpacking, about 2345, who should appear knocking at my door but the manager himself, asking if all was to my satisfaction. Breakfast was open punctually, nice buffet, and I was truly sad to have to leave so soon. I still get birthday e-mails from this hotel. Also, I later learned that their chef is considered to be among the best in Panama. Wow!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

I am happy that you enjoyed all our food and beverage service in our restaurant Sa Si Puedes. It is true are proud to mention that our Chef Cuquita is considered as one of the best panamenean chef in the country. Maybe should you come back, you'll have to try our Spa on the last floor.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

nice hotel - location not as good as could be (if right on the water) but very nice beds, rooms and service. GREAT breakfast buffet for being included. Restaurant is good in the hotel. Decent restaurants in walking distance but need a cab for most.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

I am happy that you enjoyed all our food and beverage service .
Maybe should you come back, you'll have to try our Spa on the last floor.