The Bristol has the reputation of being the top hotel in Panama City and it is a beautiful hotel. Our room was extremely spacious with large windows. The bathroom was also very large with both a bathtub and a separate shower. The hotel was conveniently located within walking distance of a number of restaurants although Panama City is not a good walking city because there are few sidewalks and even fewer traffic lights with cross walks and the few sidewalks that do exist are broken and uneven. The front desk staff was nice, provided us with a map when we asked, and adjusted our wifi so that we could have access for multiple wireless devices. However, there were a number of things that prevented the Bristol from being perfect. First, the water in the shower just did not get hot. We asked the front desk about it and were met with blank stares regarding this. Perhaps this was due to a regulator to prevent scalding but lukewarm showers for four mornings in a row just got old. We weren't camping out. Second, in theory, as is common at top hotels in locales where the water is not potable or of questionable portability, the hotel provided bottled water for brushing teeth which is good. Three bottles were provided on check in but then the water we used wasn't always replaced and even when it was, we had to ask for more because two bottles were not enough for the three of us. Housekeeping was good and always provided more but I hated to have to ask. Third, the restaurant staff wasn't great. For example, there was an omelet station at breakfast but it was usually unmanned. We had breakfast included in our room rate and also had a $100 hotel credit so one night when we were tired we decided to eat dinner in the hotel and use the credit toward dinner. The food was tasty but the service was indifferent. For example, we had finished our appetizers before our bottle of wine was finally brought. Although quite a number of new hotels are under construction in Panama City which I might consider if I were to return, I would also consider staying at the Bristol again. With some tweaks it could be outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Panama City's bustling (Financial District), Bristol Panama is one of the city's premier addresses for executive and holiday stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bristol Panama Hotel Panama City
- Bristol Hotel Panama City
- Bristol Panama City
- The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA Panama City