“Hidden Gem, Great Value, Excellent Quality Hotel!”

The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA
Ranked #7 of 117 Hotels in Panama City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Hidden Gem, Great Value, Excellent Quality Hotel!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here for the first & final night of my trip to Panama. I was going to be living on a sailboat exploring the San Blas Islands (Kuna Yala) for the week & this hotel was recommended to me by the staff for that sailboat. I am so glad I chose this location over the larger chain hotels as I feel I got not only a great deal but quality and personal service. The hotel arranged for me to store my luggage there for the week without charge & I thought that was a nice touch. The hotel has full internet/wifi which is a must when I am traveling & my suite room was exceptional as well. I would definitely upgrade to a nicer room- the views are of the city & nothing special but the room is very cozy & luxurious. Comfy dreamy bed & linens & a girls dream bathroom fixed with a jacuzzi tub/robe/ slippers!

~Great rates/prices comparable to other hotels in the area but Bristol's service, amenities, & quality of the hotel far exceeds the price you are paying to stay there!

~ I heard great things about the onsite restaurants but all I had time for was the room service food which blew my mind so I can only imagine the food in their two wonderful restaurant. In the evening they has a nightclub/loungy sort of atmosphere in the restaurant downstairs- I was intrigued to go in but was exhausted from my San Blas trip that final night. My friends ate at the upper floor restaurant and raved at how wonderful the food and atmosphere was!

~In addition to every detail of the room & hotel being pristine, the hotel room service food was out of this world! I highly recommend the sea bass dish on the menu- it was gourmet all the way & a pleasant surprise!

If I'm ever in Panama City again I would definitely stay here...I am a solo traveler but always enjoy the finer things in life- this hotel was safe, comfortable, & quality!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MissD819
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for enjoying all our services, the comfort and amenities of our room as well as our service in general. Your compliment are really a positive stroke for us and push us to keep a high standard personalized service toward our guests.

Pierre Berthier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Korean first
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Although we just stood here for a night the hotel was really good, the service was excellent. When we arrives they welcome us with small warm towels, and the check in and check out process was quick. We went to San blas on our last day in panama and we didn't want to take the bags with us, so they gave us a locker where we could keep it. Couldn't try the spa, but it looked nice.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

You definitly will have to try our Spa at the 25th floor during your next stay with us. I know that you will not regret it!

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Amazing experience!! Spend whole weekend with my wife after business trip, just like another honeymoon. The luxury and romantic room really make us surprise, it is a classy hotel with best room, facility, condition and service. Would like to try the SPA next time, just couldn’t make it this time.
The big and luxury room is really romantic and comfortable, the classy decoration make me really like it.
The location is little bit hard to find, when my friend tried to give a ride for us, take a lot of time to find the place, and you need to walk a little bit to find good restaurant and bars.

Room Tip: If you want to have better view from the room, chose tower room and you will be in higher floors.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richardymx
Pierre Jean Fra... B, General Manager at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

You'll definitly have to try our Spa on your next trip to Panama!

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The installations are very nice, the attentions are excellent, the rooms are very comfortable, the gym area is very complete it is located in very good spot of the city.
The breakfast has many options where one can choose from and also have a menu if you would like to order something.

I recommended to anyone who needs to visit Panama on a business trip.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Byron F
Pierre Jean Fra... B, Director General at The Bristol Panama Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, 31 July 2014

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We spent one night and it was more than expected the room was great, the fact that you can control de temperature in the room was good. The gowns and the way they arranged everything for the night was incredible. The food at the restaurant was great and I loved the spa. Is luxury in the middle of the city. We were able to accomplish what we wanted. Rest without leaving the city.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Noren R

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Rented a 1 bedroom apartment in the hotel, room was excellent, location was great, much better value for money than the Le Meridien or Ritz Carlton.
Restaurant was great. close to bars and Restaurants on Calle Uruguay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sevvy666

Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Have stayed in the Trump Ocean Club before and needed a hotel closer to the financial district.
Was worrying about the complaints I have read here.
Some are true, small gym, pool, pretty cold breakfast room.
I also had to recognize some defects (toilet, sink) in my room, which was in the new tower.
Here and there some need for decorative repairs (elevators).

Nevertheless I can recommend this hotel for anybody looking for a decent stay in the city, besides wellness and sports freaks.

The Internet is fast everywhere in the hotel.
All shortcomings concerning my room were handled immendiately in a friendly manner.
Staff was extremely friendly and helpful to make my stay comfortable.
The hotel is very clean!
The design is unpretentious, elegant and stylish at the same time.
The bathrooms are tastefully styled (all marble), spacy and comfortable with large bath tubs and shower rooms.
The beds are just great, large and comfortable.
It's a small and quiet hotel, not a place for Hurray Harries.
It's the place in town to relax.
If it would not have been the small gym and pool I would have rated it excellent.

Room Tip: The accommodation in the tower have nicer and larger Bathrooms, but seem to be a little bit less spa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time of writing this review of our hotel.

Thank you for your comments regarding our gym and pool, but as you could see, we are a high rise building with limited space.