This is a large conference center. The hotel has nice interiors and a casino, however, its in an area where you can't really do much without a taxi. I did enjoy my stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyway, but I have deducted 1 rating for the location.
The staff was very helpful and professional, seems to be a popular destination on Friday/Saturday night (the hotel bar), rooms are clean, beds are Super comfortable, and have nice views. Also, they will give you cell phone to use for FREE (you just pay for outgoing calls -- local calls only cost around $0.50 per minute). I've never seen a hotel give you a cell phone to borrow.
Also big pro was the breakfast in the club lounge which was very good. They had a nice selection of fancy tea's, 5-6 hot foods, and an omelet/waffle station with extra toppings that you can add yourself.
The location - its not terrible and doesnt seem dangerous but you're not really going to be walking anywhere.
Taxi's** - The hotel will suggest you don't walk anywhere and you take a hotel taxi instead. The hotel taxi is roughly twice the price of what a street taxi would cost. The hotel also suggests you don't take street taxi's. To give you an idea, the hotel taxi charged $10 for one way to Calle Uruguay (restaurants and nightlife). We went a 2nd night to the same place and a street taxi took us for $5. From Casco Viejo, a taxi asked for $15 to take us to Miraflores locks. I offered $10, and he agreed to $12. We paid him another $15 to sit and wait for an hour and take us back to the Sheraton. I took several taxis and didnt have any problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Panama Hotel & Convention Center is a deluxe five-star hotel perfectly situated in the heart of Panama City’s business and financial district. Enjoy superb amenities and the proximity of Tocumen International Airport and the Atlapa Convention Center, which is located just across the street from the hotel. This luxury hotel in Panama City is surrounded by premier leisure attractions such as the famous Multiplaza Shopping Mall and the shops and restaurants of Old Panama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Grand Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Panama City Hotel Panama City
- Panama City Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Panama Panama City