“Nice hotel in Panama City”

The Executive Hotel
Ranked #58 of 113 Hotels in Panama City
Madrid, España
“Nice hotel in Panama City”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This is a nice hotel to stay in Panama City. There are some fun disco just 7 min by walking. The location is just between España Street and Calle 50. It´s a beautiful district that you can feel safe. The facilities of the hotel is regular and the service is not that good, but I think in general are all like that. The sound of the cars in a peek time is just horrible but i is not a big problem.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Blairs, VA
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Returned to The Executive Hotel after many years of staying at other high priced hotels and will make The Executive my hotel to stay at while in Panama from now on, the room was clean and quiet, the A/C worked very well and kept my room nice and cool, the service from the staff was very helpful, great views from the balconie and a good free breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floors for the great views off the balconies.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MikeBlairs_VA
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel from May 1 - 5th for business. The room was fine small but clean and all I needed as I was in Panama on business. The staff was very helpful and the location was great for walking to the office. There are three things I want travelers to know, on Friday and Saturday morning I had no water in the room. I did not care about Saturday as I was traveling and did not have to go into the office but Friday I did care. The water was finally available around 7:15 am. The menu is the menu - there are no specials or the same three at the beginning of the week but more importantly I received an email quoting me a price with my confirmation of reservation and when I checked out the charge was greater than the price quoted. The person at the front desk merely said the email was not correct - no apologies, etc. If I had the time I would have stayed and defended the price I was quoted.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank M I
Edmonton
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I was recently in Panama for 9 days and had the opportunity to stay at 3 different hotels due to my coming and going. All were within the same general area and chosen due to the internet price at the time of stay. Of the three, and based on the weekend rate I received, this was definitely my favorite.
First of all, it is dated and if you are looking for the modern, don't stay here, I think you will be disappointed. That said, I found the rooms very clean and well maintained with an excellent bed and a newer flat screen if tv is of interest. The staff seemed genuinely friendly across the board, by far and away the best of the three. What was equally impressive was breakfast. Although included in the price, they treated you as a special guest and everytime I got up my coffee was refilled there were greetings to and from and for a buffet. After a bland buffet with crap service at what would be considered one of the more upscale hotels, this was a pleasant surprise and I thought the staff did an outstanding job.
I love my balconies for my post touring imbibments and the nice little private ones offered a great view of the cathedral and surrounding nieghbourhood. As for a room higher up for both for the quiet and the best views.
I don't know if I would have been quite as pleased paying the rack rate which was double but for the money, this will be my first choice when I visit Panama again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up for both the view and the quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank traveldad11
Ransom Canyon Texas
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The room and bathroom is very small, but clean. The staff is very nice and helpful and the location can't be beat. The free breakfast buffet is good.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Annie48-12
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We loved everything about this hotel. Great value for your money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cavendish1
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 February 2012

After staying at a different hotel in Panama we moved to the Executive Hotel. When we book our rooms we were impressed by the way the lobby looked, and the room shown was pretty good too. We stayed there 2 separate nights and tho the rooms were ok (nothing special, maybe the only thing worth mentioning is the huge TV), and the second night our room was really damp, which didn't allow us to sleep very well. Still if you look for a reasonale hotel in a safe area you might wanna try the Executive.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room without a moist extractor!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends