Dependable choice as a home base if you are staying in Panama City for a few days and do not want to spend a lot of money. I stayed a week, after my original plans to pretend I'm 20 again and stay in a hostel turned disastrous. I picked it because I needed basic amenities on a tight budget ($65/nt). The hotel was a high-rise in the downtown commercial district. I felt safe walking around the area, but mostly used taxis to get around, as they are ridiculously cheap and everywhere in Panama. I asked for a room on a high floor with a king bed and got it. It also had a small balcony (I think they all do). The elevator worked well and the hallways were actually open to the air with great views. The room had a fridge, TV, phone, good sized shower (no tub) and plenty of space. It was clean, not particularly stylish, but then this wasn't a 4-star either. It had the basics covered. There was even a very small pool on street level but it was in the shadow of the building all afternoon, so don't go there for the pool. The restaurant in the hotel was good - plenty of fresh fruit and nice breakfast spread. The Exec has a few features that impressed me: it was the ONLY hotel I could find that allowed free use, from your room, of the phone cards sold in the drugstores to call the U.S. for 9 cents per minute. A dozen others that I checked out blocked the cards from working. They also had a free internet cafe (4 computers) and a small book-trade library. They didn't nickel-dime me on anything. And they were EXTREMELY nice - I liked the staff very much. If you are looking for a tropical vacation on the beach, this is not the place to stay, but if you just want a dependable, safe, friendly, clean, economical place to stay in Panama City, go here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the downtown financial district of Panama City , Panama, The Executive Hotel has been the only choice among discerning international business and holiday travelers for over 45 years. While our tradition of award-winning service has set The Executive as the city's most privileged address, it is our warm, personalized hospitality that brings our guests back to us again and again. Whether you're arriving for the first time or the fiftieth, you will be welcomed as family. Each of the 102 beautifully appointed rooms and suites at The Executive Hotel Panama City blends contemporary design and decor with fully modernized comfort. Whether you're visiting Panama City for business, a family vacation or a weekend getaway, our accommodation has been designed to be an exceptionally tranquil and relaxing retreat. On your next visit to Panama City, discover the timeless style and refined service of The Executive Hotel.We look forward to having you as our guest. Spacious floor plans feature plush bedding, hypoallergenic pillows and deluxe linens. Modern amenities include complimentary high-speed wireless Internet, fully equipped desk space, 42" flat screen LCD televisions, mini refrigerators with bottled water, . All rooms offer a private balcony with soundproofed double-paned doors. The Executive Hotel boutique, allows guests to enjoy a productive stay while staying with us. Guests also have access to facilities like Gym, Lobby Bar Gallery and American-style Restaurant. Facilities for meetings and events, The Executive Hotel offers everything customers need for productive travel in Panama City, Panama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Executive Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Executive Hotel Panama City
- The Executive Hotel Panama/Panama City