Stayed here with my husband recently on a vacation for a total of 5 nights (4 in a row, then 1 upon return to PCity). The room was spacious (not huge), with good beds (firm mattresses) and enough room to lay out all our belongings.
There were no robes, but plenty of towels. Another reviewer commented that the toiletries did not get replaced daily, and I found this to be true as well. The cleaning staff gladly gave us extra toiletries when asked. We also got additional towels within minutes of calling for them.
The one time we ate at the restaurant for dinner, the food was actually pretty good! Lasagna bolognese and a steak sandwich.
Breakfast was included with our room, and it was plentiful. Cereal, yogurt, fruit, cold cuts and cheese, omelettes made to order, different pastries and breads, sausages and a variety of daily "specials". Spanish and English language newspapers were also available.
Wireless internet access was available in the lobby and bar area. Kind of a pain to have to run downstairs every time we wanted to look something up, but it beat paying $14 per day for access!
There was a minor misunderstanding about an internet access charge at checkout. When I brought it up, the desk clerk graciously took that off my bill.
- The first day we arrived, there was old coffee left over in the coffee pot (had not been cleaned out).
- The shower curtains in the first room smelled of mildew.
- The sound of the toilet refilling drowned out the TV.
- Overall, the staff at the hotel did not seem too savvy in terms of helpful hints for tourists. For example, the staff hadn't heard about a restaurant nearby (ten bistro, in the hotel deville). When I asked about a place to buy water and snacks ($4 water in the room), I was directed to a pharmacy that didn't sell water (There's a "delicatessen" near the Burger King which sells snacks and drinks, including water).
- The hallway carpet was a bit dirty in our second room.
- the 5th floor proclaims itself (via a sign) a non-smoking floor, yet the floor always smelled of cigarette smoke.
- nice, wide shower tub
- 1pm check out time
- quiet rooms
- on our last day, our flight left at 8pm. After walking around in the heat, we were able to come back, shower in the gym, and get ready to leave for the airport - all after checking out.
- clean gym locker room
- convenient location
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sercotel Panama Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Panama
- Four Points By Sheraton Panama Hotel Panama City
- Sheraton Panama City
- Four Points Panama City
- Panama City Four Points
- Panama City Sheraton
- Sercotel Panama Princess Panama City