“Centrally located - good for business”
Review of Hotel El Panama

Hotel El Panama
Ranked #52 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Overall, a reasonably priced hotel for business. Adequate in terms of breakfast and other facilities.

The rooms are large, clean - was on a higher floor - good air and light. Bathroom tiling is fine but the tub and other amenities could use an upgrade. If you are here only on business, minimal time is spent in the room - internet and buffet breakfast was included in room charges so nothing additional to worry about.

Did not get a chance to use the pool but it looked clean, big and appealing.

Central location in business district helps reaching offices easily.

Room Tip: Higher floor - elevators are fast.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

"okay" is the word use to sum up our experience. Basically just a place to sleep. Our room part was clean however the bathroom was dirty and there was a cockroach in the shower. The food is ok however did taste very salty and processed. The service was alright and they provided safety razors for shaving.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Ag3649
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had the best experience ever in this hotel. It is not the first time I stay here. I come to Panama for business and it is and will be my hotel choice. GREAT location, VERY helpful and friendly staff. The rooms are just AMAZINGLY big and comfortable. LOVED their pillows. Food at the restaurant is very good and not expensive. OH! and they give you a welcome Ron Barcelo drink for free. Had a great view to their amazing pool. It is an old hotel, but very well maintained since they went thru a renovation not long ago. If you ever come to Panama, you must visit at least their restaurant and the pool. I think their price might be to high, but that is fixable. Too much competition to have such prices. There are restaurants a Casino and all kinds of entertainment walking distance. I do NOT want to stay anywhere else when I come to Panama for business.

THANK YOU GUYS !!! YOU TRULY MAKE THE DIFFERENCE :)

Room Tip: Higher Floors are the best
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
PTY1111, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel El Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest:

We are happy to have been part of your great experience, thank you for choosing us and we`ll be pleased to receive you back in our installations. We appreciate your good feedback and remember this will always be your home in Panama.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We chose to stay here purely based on the pool!! We could've got a cheaper rate including breakfast at the nearby crown plaza but glad we didn't, the pool area is THE best part of this hotel, they were painting the surrounding area whilst we were there but not intrusive. My biggest gripe is the wedding party that was in the function room directly above our room!! I've travelled and I love a party but never have I known one to be held above the guest room I'm supposed to sleep in...we did complain after an hour or so of a live band with drums invading our sleep and moved rooms for the night, not ideal but at least we slept eventually. If I go back I will definitely ask for a broom around floor 4 or 5. If I have to be on 8 then I'd ask if there were any functions :) on a positive note the staff were good and did what they could but they shouldn't be out in the position they were, the hotel should not use 8th floor when a party of this nature is booked.

Room Tip: Don't accept 8th or 9th floor without check-in what functions are on (9th floor function room)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AngHam1961

Dear guest:
We are happy that you enjoyed our facilities and had given us the opportunity to attend you during your stay in Panama. We apologize for any inconvenience you passed and are already working on the renovation of our ballrooms with soundproof. Thank you for choosing us within all of the other hotels.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at the El Panama during my vacation in July 2014. Although the lobby, dining rooms, and pool area were well maintained, the room I was given on the first floor was a big disappointment and certainly did not meet four star standards. It was extremely outdated with very old, dusty furniture and in fair to average condition. The TV had to be repaired the first night I was there. The worst part of the room was the bathroom. The tile in the shower was either molded or dirty. It was hard to tell since the grout had turned black. I cringed every time I had to use it. The towel supply was limited and I was able to get a wash cloth only one of the days I was there. Their rating of 4 stars on their website and others is very, very misleading.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor. I didn't see rooms on the other floors so I don't know if t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Irene C
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Spacious rooms, nice views either on the city (very nice view at night) or on the swimming pool.
The bar and the restaurants are very nice. Helpful staff.
The swimming pool is very nice. We go there every time and then, and it's always a nice experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank travellervkj

Dear guest:
First of all, receive a warm greeting from the staff here at Hotel El Panama. Thank you for have taken the time to share your experience, we are grateful for your good feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

te panama is located where everyone needs to be to move arround. the pool is by far the best in town. the facilitioes of the hotel great. nice ambience, good foof, and very good prices. GREAT hotel in panama

Room Tip: junior suites are a good deal to hosta a family
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank maria g

Dear guest:
We are glad to know you had a great time during your stay here at El Panama; it is gratifying to have fulfilled your expectations. Thank you for your preference.
Thanks