Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Panama City, Panama
US$226
  • Pool
Panama Marriott Hotel(Panama City)
US$156
  • Restaurant
Hotel Coral Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$64
US$213
US$187
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
US$186
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis(Panama City)
US$184
US$168
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Riande Aeropuerto(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$100
  • Breakfast included
US$245
US$232
Global Hotel Panama(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$94
DoubleTree By Hilton Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$68
  • Pool
All reviewstgif restaurantyacht clubquiet areawithin walking distancealbrook malleasy accessincluded breakfastcentral locationclosenesspanamacasinocorridor
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed here for one night before leaving the next day to go home. The hotel is located in a very busy area of the city within walking distance of plenty of mall-type stores and fast food places to eat. The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable and the staff very helpful. Our room was a bit cramped with no view, just blocked out windows that you couldn't see out of, but since we were staying for only one night, we were fine with it. The bathroom was very spacious and the beds were comfortable....overall a nice place to stay.

For dinner that night, we wanted to go someplace where the locals go (and avoid the TGIF Fridays which is attached to the hotel), and got a great recommendation from the front desk staff. After dinner, we walked around the neighborhood a bit and it's a very busy, bustling area with a high-energy vibe. The next morning, before we left for the airport, we scoped the complimentary breakfast and it was substantial: cereal, pastries, eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, etc. ... A lot of choices and all-you-can-eat.

Many Panamanians we encountered spoke a bit of English, including the hotel staff, but it really helps if you take the time to learn a few Spanish words and phrases to use while in Panama. The people are very friendly and really appreciate any efforts to speak their language. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to tour the canal, but we heard that's it definitely worth doing if you can.

I had found this hotel via Trip Advisor and when I made the reservation on the hotel's website, had to pay in advance to hold the rate. However, when we checked out, that's when we were actually charged on our card for the room, so it can be confusing and seem like you're paying twice. Before we paid, I called my credit card company to make sure that I hadn't been charged when I originally made the reservation. So even though the online reservation system will say that you need to pay in advance and you have to enter your credit card info, that seems to be just for reserving the room and to charge you if you cancel, which is not allowed when getting the online rate. (Since I had my laptop with me, I also checked all of my credit card records via the credit card's website before we checked out, and sure enough, no charges had been made ahead of time.)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PrincessLeia
Reviewed 17 March 2011

My first hint was when our local tour guide asked why we chose this location over the County Inn and Suites on the Canal...This hotel's condition and furnishings are dated for American standards and the management appears to recognize this with the amount construction going on. The construction workers seem to be very energetic, (as they started work as the sun rose between 6:30 am and 7:00 am, removing tile or concrete with a hammer and chisel...tap...tap...tap...) If you are staying just above the breakfast area, you will not need to worry about the construction noise as it will be drowned out from the traffic noise that comes in through the broken window.

Overall the bathroom we had lacked a working shower head and a fan to remove the humidity. Also, be careful in the tub as ours was very slick.

On the upside, the pool area was clean. The rooms, while dated and needing attention, were clean. Breakfast was also very plentiful, although some of the food appeared to have some common traits with the food from the TGI Fridays next door. Security in this area also appeared to be good.

A good evening meal can be found at the Grill (can't remember the name) on he other side of the Chinese Casino. Service was very good, reasonably priced and came with a few good smiles.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank HornsFlying
PANM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Panama City, Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Panama City, Panama!

We are happy you enjoyed our free WIFI connectivity, full breakfast buffet

We would appreciate you write us as to learn more regarding your experience in our hotel.

Our associates strive to offer guests like you a warm, welcoming experience. They will be very motivated by your comments

Again, many thanks and best regards,

Country Inn & Suites Panama City

Reviewed 9 March 2011

This is an exceedingly friendly hotel with helpful, accommodating staff. Because I returned three times, they greeted me extra-warmly. Be sure to leave a credit card impression at the desk or you won’t be able to sign for room service from Friday’s.

There is a good breakfast with 4 stations. I didn’t notice the fresh fruit station (by the newspapers) until my second day. The hotel offers free internet in the business center and there are 6 computers available.

Room 325 has a view of the side street. It has a balcony, but the air conditioners for several rooms are on it. The balcony is not accessible.

Room 305 is smaller than 325 but it it had an upgraded and larger bathroom. It faces the main street. Its balcony also has four air onditioners and it is noisy at night.

My last room was 326 was right over the entrance and very similar to 325. Has a larger expanse of windows and only one air-conditioning unit on the balcony, so it is quiet. The only odd thing about this room is that the mattress did not fit the box-springs -- it was smaller.

I am pretty sure each of the three rooms were rennovated rooms.

The location is good, close to the Canal Zone, the domestic airport and El Dorado Mall which has a good food court. Also Citibank is about 1 1/2 blocks away.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank Esther P
Reviewed 5 February 2010

We stayed here as part of a small group tour. The first impression was not good. The staff in reception were less than welcoming and not very professional. The quality of the rooms varies . The first room we stayed in, at the rear of the hotel, had no natural light, as it looked out on to the concrete wall of the neighbouring high rise development. In addition the water temperature in the shower barely reached luke warm. However the second room situated to the front of the property was bigger and better, with good hot water and with at least natural daylight, although with a viiew of a derelict lot.

The TGI Friday restaurant attached to the hotel is noisy and dimly light, but with a lively atmosphere.

One of the few good features of the hotel was the pool.

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank travellerNEEngland
Reviewed 15 November 2009

My husband and I were booked into this hotel on our "Grit and Glory" tour of the Panama Canal through Elderhostel, now Exploritas. I read the reviews and asked to be booked somewhere else - then was assured that this hotel is just fine. Well, it isn't fine.

Our first room was dank, with a window that faced a huge concrete wall. It was so large that we couldn't tell if it was day or night - sunny or raining. Everything needed to be upgraded. After complaining and being promised a different room, the staff told me they had changed their mind and we would stay in our current room. I demanded to talk to the manager, who did move us to a different room with a window. Also, this new room was next to a room being renovated, so we spent a couple hours in the afternoon listening to hammers and electric tools. Since it was pouring rain, it took this much noise and aggravation to push us out to explore around the hotel. Also, the free internet didn't work except standing under one of the wireless routers in the hall.

Hotel is located in a busy downtown area, nowhere near the much more interesting former Canal Zone or historical areas.

Walking into this hotel totally soured our feelings for the entire "Grit and Glory" tour of the Panama Canal - that we really enjoyed up until this last day. If I were recommending this tour to someone, I would strongly recommend skipping the last night in this hotel and spend the money to go back and stay somewhere interesting and acceptable - like the Amador Country Inn and Suites in the Former Canal Zone. Even if it's free, don't stay here.

• Stayed: November 2009