“Very Hospitable Hotel”

Ranked #35 of 113 Hotels in Panama City
Montgomery, Alabama
“Very Hospitable Hotel”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Every thing about the hotel was great but the hospitality of the staff was exceptional. The hospitality started with our 2 AM check in with the night manager and the bell hop and continued throughout our stay. The location is great and within easy walking distance of many restaurants. We had a King Suite which was large and clean. The rooms darkened well. The AC was efficient. The internet was fast. The bed was comfortable and there was no noise at any time. Although we were on a reward stay, we were treated royally. We have stayed at other hotels in Panama. The Crowne Plaza will be our choice from now on.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Huaschalocro
Marielos O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Huaschalocro
Thank you for taking the time to write your valuable comments about your stay with us. We are really pleased to know that your experience at our hotel was a most memorable one. Our staff is committed to provide an excellent service and they feel proud at knowing they are accomplishing this goal. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel and we do look forward to welcoming you back in every future visit to beautiful Panama.
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Excellent hotel, the staff was very helpful and friendl. The bar and restaurant are very good and the service is excellent, great location and this hotel have all the amenities required for a pleasant stay either for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Level 4 rooms are the best
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Marielos O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear German L
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. When we read positive comments like these, we feel proud to know that we are accomplishing our main goal: our guests satisfaction. Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Panama City. We do look forward to welcoming you back in every new visit to our country.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I just spent two nights at Crowne Plaza Panama. Check-in was easy, the staff were very friendly, and the room was nice and clean. I had a very lovely time until the second night when something pretty alarming happened.

It was new years eve and my husband and I had planned on going to bed early because we had to wake up and leave at 4am for the airport. He decided to go get dinner and I stayed because I wasn't feel well. As soon as he left, I went into the bathroom to take a shower. The bathroom door was closed and I started undressing. I heard my hotel room door open, and thinking it was my husband and wondering what had happened (did he forget his wallet? was the restaurant closed?), I stepped out of the bathroom in my underwear and walked right into view of a middled aged man I have never seen before - IN MY ROOM!!

I screamed and ran for the phone as he ran out of the door. I called the front desk to tell them there is a stranger in my room(!!) The person who answered was unconcerned and put her manager on the phone. And this is the conversation that took place:

Me - A man just came in my room!! I don't know who he was, maintenance guy, whoever, he did not have permission to enter my room.
Manager - Ma'am, that was just the bell boy dropping off a treat for happy new year.
Me - What? Why didn't he just leave it at the door?
Manager - If you don't have your 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door, we have permission to enter...
Me - What? No you don't! I am undressed! Do you understand? I'm in my underwear and a strange man came in my room. That is not okay!
Manager - I don't know what to tell you. You did not have your 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door. We can enter. We are just trying to do something nice.

I got off the phone and my heart was still pounding out of my chest. I noticed my door was still open and when I went to go close it, the bell boy was still at the door. He handed me the little bottle of champagne and cookies and left. I appreciated the gesture but not the delivery. I'm sure I'll have a good laugh about this in the future, but for now, I'm irritated that a mostly great stay was tainted by this incident, and the manager somehow made it MY fault that I walked out of the bathroom in my underwear, see a strange man in my room, and was nearly scared to death.

Tip - If you are going to stay in this hotel, please learn from me and always have your 'Do Not Disturb' sign on your knob if you don't want random people letting themselves into your room and scaring you to death.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annie H
Marielos O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Annie H
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the incident occurred at the time of delivering amenities to your room. It is not the usual way to proceed in the hotel, therefore, we are taking immediate corrective measures in case the employee did not follow procedures at knocking the door before opening it in order to get permission from the guest to access the room. We thank you for taking the time to write, we are pleased that besides this incident, you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you give us another opportunity in the future to make of your stay with us a most enjoyable one.
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We did not stay at the hotel but attended a private birthday party last Sunday. Rarely do I comment on the food in a hotel but felt I should. We were 20+ and the service was amazing. We were attended to by a great staff. The food was presented well and delicious. We would be happy to eat there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Marielos O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear psbcap
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our La Galeria Restaurant. We are really pleased to know that you enjoyed the food and that our staff is accomplishing our main goal at providing an excellent service. We hope that on your next visit you also stay overnight at our hotel, We can assure that you will enjoy it as much as you enjoyed our food and service. Best wishes for 2014.
Ravenna, Italy
Reviewed 6 December 2013

High quality as standard in this hotel chain .
Unfortunately the swimming pool is very small .
Another inconvenient occurred are road working in progress all around the neighborhood .
The sound proof windows worked perfectly .
The Hotel would need an overhall refreshment of the rooms but it is anyway High Standard .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank alexra66
Marielos O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear alexra66
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about the hotel. We are really glad that the sound proof windows allowed you to have a good rest. The good news about the counstruction in the neighborhood is that on February 2014 we will have a metro station half a block from the hotel. We are also working in the refreshment of our rooms. It was a real pleasure having you as our special guest and we do look forward to welcoming you back in a future visit to Panama
Sincerely
Panama
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We went to eat to La Galería Restaurant and we have an incredible attention his captain Jose Pinto. He was very pending that we were well served and also pending for my little daughter of 3 years old.

I strongly recommend to go and eat at this Hotel and meet Juan José, you will be for sure very well served.

The food there was exquisite and with a very good prices. They have a great chef. We ate a delicious ribeye steak and a Sancocho (Panamanian soup). Both were very very delicious. We also ate a pasta with mixed fish, also incredible.

Room Tip: Not experienced, just at the restaurant.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Marielos O, Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear dacasdo
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are really pleased to know you really enjoyed it. Our main goal is to provide an excellent service, therefore, we have excellent service stars as Juan Jose Pinto and our Chef Don Vipula. Thank you again for your comments and we do look forward to welcoming you back.
Sincerely
Santa Marta, Colombia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

my first time at this hotel great location, really enjoy it was clean, good value for the money , internet was not to fast, but the best of this place is the staff there is guy horacio, this guy from the reception was very nice guy, he give me good advices for travel around panama city and help everything I needed...i highlly recomend this place, if you like sushi ask horacio he told me about a great restaurant close by

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank andres g
Marielos O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Panama, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear andres g
We are really pleased after reading your review about your stay at our hotel and knowing it was an enjoyable one. Our main goal is to provide an excellent service and of course Horacio did a great job accomplishing it! We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we do look forward to welcoming you back in a future visit to Panama.