We didn't know much about the hotel before our arrival, and booking the room turned out to be a great decision. The Continental has old world charm, but it's been renovated so the rooms are comfortable and equipped with safes, although our bathroom did not have a tub (spacious shower though). We also had the minibar cleared out so we could use the fridge.
The hotel has an outdoor pool, a jacuzzi and an exercise room. Drinks are reasonably priced ($5) and it was nice to have them brought to the jacuzzi. There is live entertainment almost every night of the week, with band performances by the pool or piano playing in the bar. The business center has a lot of computers, and staff members were very helpful in arranging tours and suggesting places to visit. The front desk was also very responsive to our requests. The hotel provides free wi-fi, but we had trouble getting our devices to connect to the network. However, the hotel did give us new codes for access when we asked.
The buffet breakfast was good, and the price was decent (about $17.50 with tax and tip). We basically ate enough during a late breakfast to carry us to dinner. Room service and housekeeping could have been a bit better - we never had enough towels or water bottles. But that was a minor inconvenience.
The hotel is located in the center of the city. It's not in the poshest neighborhood, but Via Espana has restaurants (including a really nice 24-hour diner), convenience stores, souvenir shops, and easy access to taxis and buses. We only used the hotel taxi service to go to the airport. It was cheaper for us to negotiate with drivers on the main street. We were only 10-15 minutes away from the Causeway ($5-$8, depending on whether we went during rush hour) and Casco Viejo ($4-$6). Calle Uruguay, a center for nightlife, is only five minutes away ($2-$3).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Continental Hotel is strategically located in the heart of Panamas business and financial district, within the most privilege spot of Via España. This beautiful hotel is conveniently surrounded by important banks and headquarters of the major corporations in Latin America. We also include among our neighbors, fancy restaurants, designer boutiques, famous shopping centers, popular night clubs and glamorous lounges. Visitors can attend their business affairs or take shopping tours within only minutes from their room, while taking advantage of all the amenities of a comfortable and elegant hotel that is centrally located, offering easy access to a variety of landmarks and places of interest. Situated only 20 minutes from the international airport - by highway - and less than 30 minutes from the Panama Canal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Continental Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Continental Hotel Panama City
- Continental Hotel And Casino
- Continental Riande Hotel
- Hotel Continental Panama
- Riande Continental Panama
- Hotel Riande Panama
- Continental Riande Panama City
- Continental Hotel & Casino Panama/Panama City