We were looking for something nice after four nights on a sailboat and chose this property. We reserved a junior suite and found it quite nice. The bed was huge after sleeping in a v-berth and the bathroom was bigger than in my house. There was a couch and sitting area and work desk. It was a lovely room for unwinding.
Only thing that I would change about the room would be to add a tub rather than the large walk in shower, which seemed inconsistent with the traditional suite theme.
The check-in was smooth and staff seemed ready to help when asked. We had them set up a taxi that went well. The breakfast was unremarkable but prompt and efficient. I just had some tea, fruit and cereal. There was also eggs and some other choices but we were in a hurry and I did not spend much time looking.
The area around the hotel was confusing to me. We made it easily to the waterfront and walked along the shore while people jogged, biked, rollerbladed and more. It was sunset and it seemed to be teaming with young adults getting in a workout. A great scene. Getting back to the hotel was a little harder, the street pattern made no sense to me and we ended up walking a lot. Could have just hailed a taxi though as they are everywhere and tap there horn to see if you are looking for a ride.
Overall, I thought the Deville had lots of character and was at a scale that I appreciated compared to the skyscrapers that are dominating the skyline these days. I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DeVille Hotel was conceived as a Beautiful Boutique Hotel, taking you back in time, all the way to the romantic era when Ferdinand de Lesseps was making the first intent in digging the Panama Canal; hence its French name, its comfortable furniture imported from former French colonies, its cozy, quiet oversized rooms, reminding you of other epochs; but also with all modern amenities and services, like Cable TV, minibars, WiFi Internet Access, coffee makers, hairdryers, safety deposit boxes and all other amenities you have come to expect in the best hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel DeVille reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deville Hotel Panama City
- Hotel DeVille Panama/Panama City