“Great airport location”
Review of Riande Aeropuerto

Riande Aeropuerto
Ranked #36 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Rooms and hotel were Clean, comfortable and a good value. May have recently remodeled this place because it looked new inside the lobby, bar, restaurant and our room.
Liked the frequent airport shuttles we used since we return our car the night before leaving to reduce the hassles of travel and We would stay here again instead of downtown Panama City.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
A

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed here for one night taking advantage of this hotel's closeness to the airport as we only had 14 hours in Panama before our next flight.

What a great choice! First, the airport transfer van was right outside the exit, easy to spot and ready to go as soon as we arrived. The hotel is only a 5 minute drive away. Our check in had a little hickup as the booking website (otel.com) had dropped an unexpected extra charge of $15 to our bill but after showing them our printed confirmation with the clearly stated price of $87 they promised to fix it (and indeed they did the next morning).

The room was large, spotless with comfortable beds, nice linens and towels. The rain shower was hot (even if the drain didn't keep up with the water). There was a wall mounted flat screen TV with lots of channels we didn't watch and a minifridge we didn't use.
The hotel gave us coupons for welcome drinks which we enjoyed at the swim up bar for two complimentary beers (the pool was open until 11, I think). The grounds are well kept up, with beautiful orchids and lots of seating areas.

Breakfast was included and was a buffet with your standard western fare and a Panamanian dish as well.

There's a small casino, children's play area and tennis court if you have more time than we did.

For us this was a perfect place for a layover; comfortable and with enough R&R in between long flights. I really appreciated the hotels professionalism when dealing with our incorrect bill and everyone we met with was friendly and welcoming. No question we'd stay here again if transiting through Panama.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The hotel is next to the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle.
I decided to stay here as I had an early morning flight out of Panama and the traffic in Panama is very bad due to all the construction works going on.

I checked in after 10pm - no queues at this time - and got a room on the ground floor.
Upon entering my room, I figured out that the walls are very thin - the neighbours had small children and I was hoping that the fiesta would end soon.
The room looked a bit worn out - dirty carpets; dirty wall. A small smelly minibar (empty).

11pm; 11.30 - but next door the familiy was still discussing private matters.
Around midnight I decided to take my free drink at the poolbar which luckily was still open - a cold beer tastes always well - and if it´s for free, it tasts even better.

When I got back to my room, neighbour´s TV was still playing - but luckily I was so tired that I felt asleep.
Next morning - everything quiet. Except the neighbour´s TV.

I decided to check out the gym which had an disgusting smell - probably due to the high humidity in Panama. The ceiling was very low - too low for tall people.
The range of equipment is very limited; some broken - see picture.
Better than nothing - but far under expectations.

Next, I went for a quick swim - the water in the pool just had the right temperature.
A nice pool - in a tropical environment. I enjoyed.

Then I went for breakfast: buffet! Some fruits, bread etc. - basic, but OK.

Summary: Kick out the architect who made/designed the walls!!!!

Room Tip: Hope that you have quiet neighbors!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This is wear I stayed on the tale end of my two week trip to Panama. The service and staff were all excellent. They have remodeled the rooms since I went last year and I think they look wonderful. This hotel is just Fabulous. It is a hotel for anyone and everyone. It is also great for the kids if you have a family.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
RiandeHoteles, Guest Relations Manager at Riande Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Nick,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, I would like to thank you for staying with us at the end of your trip in Panama.

Thank you so much for your positive comment; I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our new-and-improved rooms and facilities. You are right to say that we are the ideal hotel for any traveler that wants to be close to Panama Tocumen International Airport (PTY).

I hope to welcome you back at Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here at an overnight stop on our way and coming back from Ecuador. We chose this hotel because of it's proximity to the airport and the free shuttle service. It was perfect for our needs. The shuttle service was frequent. When we were ready to go, the shuttle bus was there. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. We booked through booking.com which also worked out well. I just presented my confirmation print and they provided us with a free drink coupon as well as our breakfast vouchers. Breakfast was OK. We ordered some chips and salsa/guacamole at the outside lounge when we had our free drink. That was very good. We used the wake up service, which was fine. Neither my husband or I speak spanish, and that wasn't a problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy S

Dear Kathy,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel,Casino & Resort, I would like to thank you and your husband for choosing to stay with us.

I am glad we met your needs and expectations and that you were able to enjoy your free drink whilst relaxing in our lounge. Thank you for sharing your impressions about our impeccable cleanliness, comfortable signature beds and punctual shuttle service on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the time and effort you put into writing about us.

I hope to welcome your significant other and yourself back very soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The place was clean, staff was helpful, but something was missing at this Panama Airport Hotel. The hot tub was at room temperature, pool was full of screaming kids (nothing against kinds, but surely hearing somebody else's kids splashing and screaming around the pool area kills relaxation..}, and I feel the food was way overpriced (kinda taking advantage that there is nowhere else to go, unless you have a car... but again, if you had a car would you stay near the airport? )

Anyhow, the staff was amazing and that surely helped. The shuttle van was very efficient, and check in very rapid!

Oh.. and the breakfast was very good!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear NYCAlfredo,

On behalf of the entire staff at Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, Thank you for choosing to stay with us when visiting Panama.

I appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback and am happy to hear you enjoyed our modern, clean facilities and friendly staff. I am sorry to know we did not meet your expectations and hope we can change your mind during your next stay in Panama. Your comments about our menu prices and the temperature of our jacuzzi has been communicated to our kitchen and maintenance staff.

If you return to Panama, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at janetmay@riandehoteles.net so we can make your stay a special one.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here on a stopover recently. The airport is only 5 minutes drive away from the airport which is great.

It has the appearance of a resort hotel with large blocks of apartment rooms around a central pool. The gardens are very nice but the rooms look a little dated.

Having said that, I was tired when I got there and had to leave reasonably early the next morning so didn't get to use all the facilities.

I did eat dinner and breakfast in the restaurant which was fine. The airport shuttle but is a big plus.

Would stay here again but might prefer traveling into the city if I had more time to spend in Panama city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank wrightser

Dear Wrightser,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, Casino & Resort, I would like to thank you for staying with us in October.

We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback and value your opinion. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our proximity to Panama Tocumen International Airport (PTY) and our dining offer. Please know that our property underwent major renovation in 2010 and that everything was changed, from beds to public spaces. I do hope next time you visit us you get the chance to try our wide range of facilities; we have tropical gardens, a swimming pool and jacuzzi, a gym, a spa, games room, padel courts and many more things to offer for you to enjoy during your stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need further assistance at janetmay@riandehoteles.net

Warm regards,