“Nice building...”

Ranked #34 of 113 Hotels in Panama City
Erie, PA
“Nice building...”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I struggled to give this hotel 3 circles... the building and the facilities are great. I love the location and the free shuttle to the airport. I found the bed wonderfully comfortable. I would have given it a total score of the highest available, except the staff in the restaurant are terrible. We got no service for 15 to 20 minutes of wait time. I finally went back to the hostess and had to ask for a wait server. Then it took forever for food that was poorly fixed. I ordered a margarita pizza and my sweetie ordered the sea bass. My pizza had little or no sauce, and so much foul smelling cheese that I found it difficult to eat. The sea bass was covered in small shrimp and smelly crab. I looked as if a pelican had eaten it and then left it half finished. I asked for a receipt for my dinner charge after a very long wait to even get the check...and was told that I would get it when I checked out in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor because there are no elevators. Rooms on the second floor are qui...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RiandeHoteles, Guest Relations Manager at Riande Aeropuerto, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Dana K,

Thank you so much for your review. Your kind words about our property and facilities are very much appreciated! I am sorry to hear you encountered some difficulties within our restaurant.

In order properly address the issues mentioned, could you please e-mail me the details of your stay at "customerservice1@riandehoteles.net". I will personally follow-up with our service team and kitchen to investigate the aforementioned issues.

On behalf of the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Guest Relations - Riande Hoteles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We arrived at 8pm and got the free shuttle to the hotel, had a complimentary cocktail and went to bed. We took the free shuttle back to the airport at 545am, so we didn't even get to have the free breakfast. Very nice hotel for the price. It's five minutes from the airport, so it was great for our long lay over.

1 Thank sls1124
Dear SLS1124,

Thank you for your review!

It's a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our hotel and the free services we love to offer our guests!

On behalf of the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel & Casino team, thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am not really a person who write comments, but i notice some comments from people that are not real with the Hotel.
I find this Hotel a Pleasent surprise! . I travel a lot and this is the first time i find a Resort in a Airport Hotel. The food , the staff, the service, the gardens, the flowers, the detalis in decoration.. are more than good! i will come back for sure, and i will tell my friends and recommend this place to stay relax and with all facilities.
I do not understand people that said others things.

Room Tip: rooms on the first floor near the pool and jacuzzi are great
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
RiandeHoteles, Guest Relations Manager at Riande Aeropuerto, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Lana S,

Thank you so much for sharing your comment with us & TripAdvisor viewers. It is so lovely to know that you enjoyed our hotel and found it a pleasant surprise!

We do, very much, pride ourselves on being able to provide a Resort-feel only a couple minutes away from the airport, unlike any other hotel in Panama.

On behalf of the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel and Casino, thank you very much for sharing your comment and staying with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

SJU
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just minutes from the airport, free shuttle service, nice outdoors spaces, clean rooms, nice service, quiet, may need a little help with the breakfast menu. Excellent place for the in transit passenger or for the last night after a long week in Panama. It may be a great place for longer stays but transit to Panama City isn't easy. All in all great value for your $$$. I'll definitely return and recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TonitoPR
RiandeHoteles, Guest Relations Manager at Riande Aeropuerto, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear TonitoPR,

Thank you so much for your great review!

It is such a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team!

On behalf of the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel & Casino, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I needed a room for one night. The price was great and the hotel was right by the airport. Shuttle service was waiting for me even with my delayed flight. Everyone has been super nice. The room was clean, modern, comfortable, and had great toiletries!!!
I would highly recommend this place.....

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JNSpransy
RiandeHoteles, Guest Relations Manager at Riande Aeropuerto, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear JNSPransy,

Thank you so much for your kind review!
It's always such a pleasure to read nice comments about our facilities and services, and definitely keeps us motivated to be at our best!

On behalf of the Riande Aeropuerto Hotel & Casino team, thank you for staying with us & we look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Laure-Anne Teuscher,
Stephenville, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Lovely setting, beautiful grounds with orchids in the trees, awesome pool. Breakfast was a seemingly endless buffet of hot and cold food and Panama's best coffee. The room decor was new and pleasant and the little balcony was a nice touch. The lighting was dim. Beds were comfy. Staff was friendly and helpful. The TV had limited channels and the WiFi would not work in the room at all, but the lobby had plenty of nice spots to settle and connect on line if you wanted to. The only other criticisms we had were that the hot tub had cold water in it the whole time we were there, the shower did not drain properly so you had to be careful not to turn it on very fast, there were lights burned out in our already dark room, and the refrigerator did not work. But all in all, it was a pleasant experience and I give it almost five stars. We will be going back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JR_Mac1234
RiandeHoteles, Guest Relations Manager at Riande Aeropuerto, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear JR_mac1234,

Thank you so much for your review. Your kind words about our property and facilities are very much appreciated! I am sorry to har you encountered some difficulties within your room.

In order properly address the issues mentioned, could you please e-mail me the details of your stay in at "customerservice1@riandehoteles.net". I will personally ensure that these matters are fixed immediately!

Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed 15 June 2014

If you are looking for a hotel close to the airport this is ideal. They have an excellent shuttle service with a pleasant and helpful driver. The rooms are well appointed with good facilities and very clean. Our room had its own garden court yard over looking the pool. The hotel is set in beautiful tropical gardens, a peaceful setting contrasting with the hustle and bustle of Panama. We were offered complimentary drinks at the pool bar a great setting and experience. It went downhill from here as we decided to have dinner in the restaurant. The fish we ordered was diabolical and unrecognizable as fish. There is no excuse for this as Panama has one of the best fish markets you will find. Breakfast was even worse than dinner and we wondered how anyone could treat food this way. This property urgently needs a professional with experience to oversee the food production and service.

Dear Bonzalife,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.

I am pleased to know that our facilities and services were to your liking. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your less-than favorable culinary experiences. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with the departments concerned.

On behalf of the Riande Aeropuerto, thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future (and change your opinion about our restaurants!).