“Great Place for a low price”
Review of Autograph Lodge

and 1 more site!
Autograph Lodge
Ranked #23 of 80 Panama City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The place is wonderful. The staff is very friendly, informative, and helpful. I had a great time, nice stay, and I would definitely go back. The artwork was really nice and an art gallery is on the first floor. Another good point is that is close to many great restaurants. My only issue was the decor needs a little bit more work.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Autograph Lodge

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Breakfast is good. I mean when the hotel advertises having an international cook preparing breakfast and asks you about your alergies one would expect something out of this world... It is not. It is good.
I booked this hotel as a few others in this part of the world for a recent trip. I selected a 'product' which could be changed/cancelled up to the usual 72 hours. I was very surprised when within the hour I received an automatic message urging me to transfer money (full payment) via Paypal. They wouldn't honour my booking until then. I contacted booking.com and was not satisfied with the answer: basically the reply was, don't worry go ahead and pay. I did but still I feel I was forced into something that had not been advertised from the begining and which is not common practice, not in Central America, not elsewhere.
Together with my original booking I sent a message mentionning I'd arrive early (early checkin). That message was never answered but I did get 2 email from a travel agency associated with the hotel offering me transfers and excursions.
Location is a bit awkward. It is a quiet residential area 10' away from a Metro stop. But there's nothing for a visitor in this part of Panama City.
It is nice, breakfast was good, have no complaints but would not go back for the reasons mentioned.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Wonderful huge breakfast, unlike most little places where continental is toast, cereal, milk and coffee, juice. Fruit, cereal, eggs. Owners are wonderful.

The rooms can be noisy however. But that all depends on what is going in the lodge as they have several rooms that all open onto the dining and common area. I hardly spent any time there, maybe two nights a few hours awake a day. Wifi available, rooms are big, a/c works, hot water works, sparse, but clean and all you need.

I would definitely stay there again for my next trip, because you can't beat the value. It's half the price of a big hotel, and provides everything you need. The place doesn't accept children, so if I'm alone and staying there I can handle more noise because I don't have to deal with my kids! Haha.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2014

First off, Angela and Luis were very nice. Luis carried both of our suitcases up and down stairs and those were very heavy! They assisted us with printing our boarding passes. Breakfast to order:eggs/toast/sausage/pancakes/coffee/fruit/juice.
The wifi worked great.
There was parking for two vehicles tops.
No hairdryer/safe/phone/fridge/microwave
Stark furnishing- especially without the advertised artwork.
Computer desk with energy saving clip on desk light
The room was very dark for our taste
Restaurants walking distance all around
Bathroom with drain in the middle.
I think we got the room that might have been a garage area because it was off of the back. The garden was overgrown and looked unkempt. The nicest part appeared to be the front occupied by the owners. It was not a smoke free property-smokers were on the front balcony and cigarette packages were in the navigable portion of the backyard. Our room was stark and dark. The louvered glass windows did not inspire a sense of security.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great location near many restaurants and bars. Very nice and helpful owners (providing tips/recommendations). Fast and reliable wifi. Safe & secure property. Good hot breakfast (usually fruit, cereal, eggs + something else). Hot shower with good pressure. Cold A/C in rooms. Very fair and reasonable price. Really it met or exceeded all the criteria we look for in a place to stay. If ever back in Panama City, this will be the first place I check for vacancy.

Room Tip: Our street facing room was not noisy, except for a few minutes on Sunday night when the garbage man...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel on a quiet street between 2 active and busy streets full of restaurants and shops. The room was comfortable, large and spotless. The hosts, Angelica and Luis are a charming couple wanting to please you in every way they can from making your breakfast the way you like it to giving you advice of what to see and how to get there. The National Park is only minutes away by taxi and public transportation (the real way to travel) is cheap and can get you anywhere in the thriving city including the Old City and Fish Market that you must experience.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the back room open to the large garden. If you want a little Central American nostalgia...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed only one night at the Autograph Lodge. The next night we had a bus headed up to Costa Rica which left at 11:55 pm. The hotel allowed us to keep our bags on site after we checked out, including putting valuables in their office, and then let us spend the evening there before we headed to the bus station. So, even though we only payed for one night, they allowed us to check in at 4 pm one day, and essentially stay onsite until 10 pm the nest day. Its a great hotel to which I will come back to next time I am in Panama.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple