“Nice place”

Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro
Ranked #20 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 6 August 2014

A nice hotel with friendly staff and well appointed rooms.The breakfast is also I nice addition, with a good spread of decent food. The swimming pool on the roof is also nice, if a little small. But that seems to be the thing in central Panama. For most of the main tourist sites the hotel isn't amazingly positioned, closer to Casco Viejo would probably be better for a first trip. The Tryp is in a much quieter/business orientated location. But we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brrristol
Jose C, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Firefox264

Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of travelers
We really appreciate when travelers write useful tips and comments for the rest of travelers who want to travel to Panama.

Most of all, we would like to thank you for explaining the hotel located.
In did, the hotel is located close to the main tourist attractions of Panama and at a walking distance of the main night life avenue of Panama (Calle Uruguay)

Juan Jose Targa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

First stay at this hotel, I experienced issues with reservations and billing - as a result I left negative feedback. Management did resolve the issues And I have been back twice with positive experiences. Staying again while in the city and inspired to leave a good review. I found it best to call the hotel direct for reservations and be sure to record your confirmation number. In addition to the breakfast, my kids love the bunk beds in the family suite and pool. Also has great view of the city. Thanks for making it right.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Firefox264

Dear Firefox264

Thanks for sharing your last experiences in our hotel, with the rest of users.

We are proud to read that your last experience improve the perception of our hotel.

Our staff works hard everyday in order to fulfil guest expectations, and I am sure that they will be happy to know that you and your family had such a wonderful stay.

Thank you for all your good comments about the hotel facilities.
Especially about the family room with bunk beds and the swimming pool.

Tryp Panama Centro is a family friendly hotel and our facilities are designed in order to offer a save and amazing experience for people of all ages.

Please, let us know when you comeback to Panama.

Regards

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My family and I just came back from a week in Panama City, we stayed at The TRYP Panama Centro the whole time. The hotel is fairly new, bed and pillows were comfortable. Shower is roomy and water heats quickly. The toilet didn't flush well, you need to keep pushing both buttons down a little bit for it to completely flushed; otherwise you have to do it 3-4 times. (I've seen this kind of toilet before in Asia and Australia, it has two level of flush for #1 and #2.) Also, maid service could be improved, we had to keep asking for toilet paper; there was no spare roll. We didn't required much assistance from the front desk, everyone we came in contact with has been very professional and nice. We booked it through Travelocity and prepaid, so check in and out was easy and painless. When checking out I thought that I would owe some money for tipping at breakfasts every morning and a water bottle that we had used from the room, but was told that I didn't owe anything.
The rooftop patio offers a very nice view of the city, we even saw fireworks one night nearby and heard church's bell rang. We LOVE the location, very convenient and safe. There are plenty of restaurants, cell phone shops, corner stores and even a pharmacy across the street. Next door to the right is a coin laundry and corner store. Most nights we just walked to different restaurants and tried out different food. There were security or private cops patrolling the streets so we felt really safe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Yenly
Jose C, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Yenly

Thanks for sharing your experience during your stay in our hotel.

We really appreciate your comment, and we would like to thank you for the time you expend to write it.

I would like to clarify that the hotel has eco-friendly toilet flush, for that reason the customer, by pressing the flush button can control the level of water that will be used.

We have a strong commitment with local resources, for that reason the hotel ha eco-friendly policies.

We are glad to know that you had such a wonderful time in our hotel and we wish to see yo again in your next trip to Panama.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had to spend a day or two in Panama City, which for me is generally harrowing and unpleasant, but the stay at the hotel was a nice reprieve.
Secure parking is a must in that section of town, and entry and exit from the secure parking to the hotel was convenient.
The rooms were clean and had a nice, spa-like feeling. My room had a treadmill in it which made morning exercise convenient and private. The rooftop pool and spa areas were nice although I only visited.
When my work finished a day early the hotel was very laid back and easy about cancelling my last night stay and the booking company was great about refunding the unused night's payment.
The staff was friendly and eager to practice their English as well as help me with my Spanish. I like the idea that each name tag has the staff member's first name and their passion. It makes it easier to connect with them and have a conversation.
The price was great for my purposes and a good value-proposition. Breakfast was included and it was a nice buffet, even for someone on a gluten-free, low carbohydrate diet. The evening bar/restaurant had a nice selection, the food was well prepared and nicely presented, and the staff was very friendly and conversant.
I was pleased with my stay, I would stay there again, and I would recommend this hotel to other travelers.
The only drawback was it was a little difficult to find. My GPS brought me to a sister-company hotel nearby and local casino. If you find yourself at the casino of the same company name you have to continue on Via Veneto across Via Espana and look for the white building with the blue lighted sign.

Room Tip: Secure indoor parking included with easy access to hotel elevator. Round trip shuttle to airport wa...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DadOf9Kids
Jose C, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear DadOf9Kids

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
We are pleased to know that we exceed your expectations about the facilities and service.

We are aware that in some places of Panama, tourist does not receive an outstanding service.
For that reason our team allways work really hard, in order to exceed guest expectations and show the true face of Panamanian hospitality.

As you said, the hotel have a private car park, were only our guest can access and a bellboy waiting for them in the lobby.
This makes our guest feel protect and safe and they dont have to worry about the bags when they comebak from the malls and shops close to the hotel.

Ones more, thanks for choosing Tryp Panama Centro as your hotel in Panama.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at TRYP for three nights in early July. The hotel was in a safe neighborhood with many services within walking distance any time of day or night. There is a pharmacy across the street, bars and restaurants around the blocks in the general vicinity. Via Espana is just down the street for any services you would require for your stay in Panama. The room was recently updated with modern decor and very clean. We did not have a problem with anything during our three night stay. The breakfast was much better than anticipated based on reviews I read prior to our arrival. Many hot and cold items with a huge selection--enough to hold you on until dinner. The customer service from the front desk to the front door, breakfast and room staff--were wonderful, very patient, kind and willing to meet your needs to make your stay comfortable. There is a nice pool, sauna, steam room, work out room and extra for yoga and stretching. The views from the pool on the roof were great, especially the skyline at night. If our travels take us back to Panama City in the future, TRYP will surely be a part of them. Thank you to the staff for making our initial stay in Panama a welcomed experience where we were treated like special guests, made to feel safe and provided every luxury we needed. You were wonderful--hats off to management. The front desk arranged for a shuttle from Tocumen that cost $35USD for two people. We were met outside customs with a driver holding our name on a sheet of paper. If you would like a taxi to travel around town, go down one block and negotiate a price. If they quote you at 10, they will take 5. If they say 15, they will take 10. If you do not like their price, simply say no gracias and look for another. Taxi is the best travel around town, cheap, fast and direct to your location of interest. I found it easy to pre-write the destination on a scrap of paper as my Spanish is limited--always try in spanish and do not assume that anyone there can speak English--very few can so you need to make the effort. It goes a long way if you try.

Room Tip: Near the top and ask for a city view. Lower floors will be viewing other buildings.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Travelpapi153

Thanks you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel with the rest of travelers.

We really appreciate your comments, specially the one about the service you recieved during all your stay.

Our team is allways searching how to fulfil guest needs and expectations.
And its an honor to know that a tripadvisor expert traveler like you, had such an amazing experience with us.

Please, let us know if you are coming back to Panama

Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed for 3 days in July and enjoyed great customer service. Rooms were super clean with modern decor, large shower, digital A/C, and in room safe. We enjoyed breakfast and the rooftop pool. The hotel is convenient to restaurants and shopping. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jose C, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Jec329

Thanks for commenting your experience in Tripadvisor

We are glad that you had the stay you were looking for.

As you said, our location, makes our hotel a great option for the travelers that are looking for an accommodation closer to the main tourist attractions in Panama, as well good dinner options.

We will be happy to accommodate you in your next trip to Panama.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

It's on the cheaper side so I guess you get what you pay for. Service not so good, at this point Panama is growing faster then it can keep up with. They need and not just at this hotel lots of help in the costumer service area. Breakfast was included and was well worth it!! Also most stores and restaurants don't take AMX so we just decided if they didn't take it, it was not worth our money or time.
The hotel was comparable to the Westin playa bonita which I thought would be way better but the walls were so thin, made me think it must be away for hotels to save money in panama.... Since they were in my mind not in the same class.
Some how they ended up being both very hard to sleep in. For the same reason.
My poor husband he is a light sleeper and didn't sleep much except during the day when most people were out of the hotel. Do to the thin walls. I'm a heavy sleeper and kept waking up, when people got on and off the elevator, lucky me I can fall asleep easily and fast.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jose C, Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Mrs Elmary B

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing with us your experience at our hotel.

Its a shame that we don´t had the oportunity to meet each other dur ing your stay.
If we knew that you had a light sleep, we would probably had arrange a room change to a quieter section on the floor.

We understand that minor noises can be a problem for people with light sleep.
For that reason, all our room have double glass in order to isolate sound.
Also, the room floors begin fisically on the fifth floor of the building.

Please, let us know if you come back to Panamá in order to help you find the proper acommodation for your needs.