“TERRIBLE SERVICE, TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
Review of The Westin Panama

The Westin Panama
Ranked #2 of 117 Hotels in Panama City
Colón, Colon, Panama
“TERRIBLE SERVICE, TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

When I checked out at front desk, the staff mention the bill is okay and I don't have to pay anything. So I went to pick up my car. Suddenly, the staff make a gesture and request me to get inside again from 10 steps far away. And since my car just arrive, the staff call again just like I am running away. I feel this kind of gesture is very unprofessional and un-respect to the customer.

He mention I have to pay $10 becuase I use the valet parking. I was surprised again. All the Panama City Hotels, like Hard Rock, Riu...etc, they all provide valet parking service and we never have to pay the parking fee if we stay in that hotel. And if it's WESTIN's rule, you should mention very clearly for valet parking and self parking when we arrive the hotel. $10 is not a big money. But the way how they handle this is totally unacceptable.

I feel very disappointed and angry about this case. Especially can not accpet the front dest staff's attitude. Not recomment and I will never went to this hotel again!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KevinLEE185
Esteban U, Quality Manager at The Westin Panama, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Mr. Lee,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Please allow me to apologize for the poor experience during your checkout.
Certainly the attitude displayed by our front desk associate is not characteristic of the level of service we intend to provide our guests. I am very sorry your bill was not presented correctly.

Mr. Lee, as I wrote in the email sent to you a week ago, I would like to speak to you regarding this unfortunate event.

I look forward to hear back from you.

Kind regards,

Esteban Ulate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is located in a very nice area, with some bars and restaurants nearby. The decoration is very nice and the staff is very friendly. The room has an excellent size, huge bed and the bathroom is very nice. The room service is good.

Room Tip: Rooms with the view to the Pacific ocean
3 Thank ReinaldoViola
Esteban U, Quality Manager at The Westin Panama, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear ReinaldoViola,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. It gives us great pleasure when our guests have a comfortable stay and enjoy our services. Our team will be delighted to hear these great words.

We can't wait to welcome you back!

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've stayed 3 times in this hotel and 2 out of 3 the shower was not properly cleaned. It's a shame they are not able to keep a room clean.
Otherwise, the service is nice, but I'm worried they don't pay enough attention to the hygiene of the facilities.

2 Thank Analu R
Dear Analu R,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear the cleanliness of our rooms was sub par during your stay. We take pride in offering our guests a pristine, clean environment and we live by this promise. Since we heard about this, we have made some changes in our cleaning procedures that have produced wonderful results.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future!

Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great service with lots of TLC from the staff and team. Even though I was constrained with my Spanish, the staff made the entire stay a pleasant experience and one that I would recommend to my fellow colleagues and friends.

1 Thank Jared F
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Room was spacious and well equipped. Problem with toilet water was running all the time due to faulty valve in cistern, didn't help me sleep.... I didn't call this in as I was given a twin bedded room to begin with, for some reason and had just been moved to a king room. I just reset this myself, and had to keep doing so.

Bar good and restaurant too

2 Thank Darrell L
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 5 May 2014

When working in Panama, the options are limited for hotels in Costa del Este, but luckily the best hotel and service already exists. It is a great experience to be greeted each time by a friendly and familiar face and receive the same great service and attention that is to be expected from a Westin. Congratulations and thanks again!

1 Thank Ryan H
Dear Ryan H,

We appreciate your comments on your recent stay. We are delighted to hear your stay is always friendly and comfortable. I will pass along these comments to our staff as they will sure be glad to see the result of our efforts.

San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The breakfast is good, their employees are very educated and helpful. The best thing that I had in the hotel defenitly was the pool, it has an amazing view of the city, they can work better with the service at the pool, but after all it´s a good one.

3 Thank Ricardo B