“Excellent Hotel for Business”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Westin Panama

The Westin Panama
Ranked #2 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Waynesville, Ohio
“Excellent Hotel for Business”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a relatively new property with exceptional service and amenities. The rooms are quite large, modern and comfortable. It has a great workout facility and a very nice infinity pool. The staff is among the best I have seen anywhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Darren P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had the pleasure of booking two rooms at this hotel so that we could have our grandson baptized. The wonderful Monica Guerrero (Rooms Division Manager) allowed us an early check-in because we were to be at the church at 3:00 p.m. Upon checking in at 1:00 p.m., we were sent to two lovely rooms with an adjoining door allowing us the freedom to go back and forth without leaving our rooms. Every staff member we encountered from the car valets, front desk, bar and restaurant were all helpful, courteous and, for us gringos, proficient in English to assist with whatever request or question we had. We completely recommend this lovely hotel. It has close proximity to the airport yet just 10-15 minutes from the center of town. Nearby are the great Riba Smith store and several smaller restaurants as well. Definitely 5 star!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nowtheworld
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Awesome service all around especially Elliott at pool area and Maria at pasifica restaurant! ! Resort is great, three pools, gym, two night clubs, plus the exclusive Terra & Fuego restaurant. They have huge ballroom,beautiful flowers all around resort.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Rene S
Colón, Colon, Panama
Reviewed 23 June 2014

When I checked out at front desk, the staff mention the bill is okay and I don't have to pay anything. So I went to pick up my car. Suddenly, the staff make a gesture and request me to get inside again from 10 steps far away. And since my car just arrive, the staff call again just like I am running away. I feel this kind of gesture is very unprofessional and un-respect to the customer.

He mention I have to pay $10 becuase I use the valet parking. I was surprised again. All the Panama City Hotels, like Hard Rock, Riu...etc, they all provide valet parking service and we never have to pay the parking fee if we stay in that hotel. And if it's WESTIN's rule, you should mention very clearly for valet parking and self parking when we arrive the hotel. $10 is not a big money. But the way how they handle this is totally unacceptable.

I feel very disappointed and angry about this case. Especially can not accpet the front dest staff's attitude. Not recomment and I will never went to this hotel again!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KevinLEE185
Esteban U, Quality Manager at The Westin Panama, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Mr. Lee,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Please allow me to apologize for the poor experience during your checkout.
Certainly the attitude displayed by our front desk associate is not characteristic of the level of service we intend to provide our guests. I am very sorry your bill was not presented correctly.

Mr. Lee, as I wrote in the email sent to you a week ago, I would like to speak to you regarding this unfortunate event.

I look forward to hear back from you.

Kind regards,

Esteban Ulate
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is located in a very nice area, with some bars and restaurants nearby. The decoration is very nice and the staff is very friendly. The room has an excellent size, huge bed and the bathroom is very nice. The room service is good.

Room Tip: Rooms with the view to the Pacific ocean
3 Thank ReinaldoViola
Esteban U, Quality Manager at The Westin Panama, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear ReinaldoViola,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. It gives us great pleasure when our guests have a comfortable stay and enjoy our services. Our team will be delighted to hear these great words.

We can't wait to welcome you back!

Be well,

Esteban
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've stayed 3 times in this hotel and 2 out of 3 the shower was not properly cleaned. It's a shame they are not able to keep a room clean.
Otherwise, the service is nice, but I'm worried they don't pay enough attention to the hygiene of the facilities.

2 Thank Analu R
Dear Analu R,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear the cleanliness of our rooms was sub par during your stay. We take pride in offering our guests a pristine, clean environment and we live by this promise. Since we heard about this, we have made some changes in our cleaning procedures that have produced wonderful results.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future!

Be well,

Esteban
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great service with lots of TLC from the staff and team. Even though I was constrained with my Spanish, the staff made the entire stay a pleasant experience and one that I would recommend to my fellow colleagues and friends.

1 Thank Jared F