“Great Experience, Great people”
Review of Cacique Cruiser

Cacique Cruiser
More attraction details
Owner description: CACIQUE CRUISER guided and non-guided packages to experience Panama's premier destinations. We are most popular as a provider of amazing island hopping trips through the gorgeous islands of Guna Yala (formerly known as San Blas). However, we also offer equally stellar trips to explore amazing caves & jungles near Panama's Darien province and a range of customizable beach, surf and island eco tours.
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience, Great people”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Given the limited tourism infrastructure in San Blas, Cacique Cruiser delivers. Dickey, our tour guide and company owner tries to give you the best experience that suits you. He pays attention to your requests and tries his best to deliver. He also has a good relationship with the Kuna people. We were invited into one of the chef's homes to meet his family and to learn about the Kuna culture. Keep in mind that the San Blas Islands have different laws than mainland Panama, therefore, plans may change (ie. the island you will be visiting). You should visit San Blas with an open mind and a flexible schedule. Cacique manages to provide an excellent and unforgettable time despite these road blocks.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jfung11

Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Let down”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

If you love to party, drink rum and aren't worried about getting the most of what you paid for, Cacique Cruiser is the San Blas tour for you. The water and islands of san Blas are breath taking and Dickey knows his way around the islands, is in very good company with the natives, is friendly, loquacious, and informative. That being said my group and the other group that joined us ran into several road bumps before we even finished making our reservations. They were accommodating enough to book us in 24 hrs, however our invoices were incorrect several times, sent very late and I had to call late to confirm when/where we were to meet in the AM. Next, the 2nd half of our group went "missing" to no fault of any of the paying guests and wasted several hours while Dickey sorted it out. We were promised rum as reimbursement for the time wasted. Once on the islands we had a wonderful time but had to take charge and ask if we were going to do what was promised on the itinerary. Snorkel gear got left behind and by the time we got it we only had about 15min to explore the shipwreck, which ended up being very cool and we wished we had more time to explore. Plates and silverwear got left behind at lunch once so a few people had to watch everyone else dig into an amazing fresh seafood lunch while they waited. At the conclusion of our trip, Chris was in charge of taking us to a museum and getting us back to Panama City, however he was too inebriated to even get in the boat. So no museum tour and we had to organize our ride back to town because he was clueless, couldn't keep his eyes open and knew he was about to be fired (as dickey shared with us on the trip.) I always felt secure with Dickey and generally feel like he has everything under control, but he certainly runs on island time. If you're paying that much I expect to get the best service. San Blas is a must to visit, but I might research other tour groups if I have an opportunity to go back

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Aakowali
Medellin, Colombia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“chilled tour in kuna yala”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

great tour to explore kuna yala. we stayed on several pretty islands and one night on a community island was great!! thanks dickey!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank msmhuu
Chicago
3 attraction reviews
“why we travel!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I didn't know what to expect heading into the San blas islands for our trip. The trip out was remote, spectacular and unique - and honestly the reason I travel. Dickey and co took us to 3 barely inhabited islands, the 2nd on which we enjoyed a delicious lunch of lobster and fish. We were able to do our own thing if we'd like - or dickey took us around for a guided snorkel.

The food was delicious and the company was better :) It's a corner of the world I never thought to peel back, but am so glad I did.

Upon leaving, the only thing I could think - was just some more time in this beautiful place, it's too early to go! And isn't that the best feeling you can have when you make a trip?

Visited December 2013
Oakland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Time In the Kuna Yala Islands!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Brett Dickeyand Cacique Cruiser provided me and my girlfriend a great trip to the Kuna Yala Islands(they don't appreciate anyone calling their islans San Blas)! We got picked up in Panama CIty, and then taken by 4X4 to the port where we jumped on a boat that took us to our island destination. We stopped to get food and drinks at a grocery store on the way out of Panama City. We were then taken to other islands for snorkeling and a BBQ. Brett joined us the whole time, which is very rare. Most tours don't have a tour guide that joins you for the trip, and def none like Brett, who knows the Kuna Yala on the islands. Cacique Cruiser is well organized and lots of fun!!

Me and my girlfriend decided to stay at another island for an extra two nights, and Brett helped us arrange our stay. Talk to Dickey, sign up for one their tours, and enjoy a great time in paradise. I am sure Cacique Cruiser's other tours are just as organized.

Thank you Brett for a great time! Me and Denise will never forget it!!

Luis "Droopy" Alcazar