“I was taken by the Sand Blast Island Tour”
Review of Cacique Cruiser

Cacique Cruiser
More attraction details
Owner description: CACIQUE CRUISER guided and non-guided packages to experience Panama's premier destinations. We are most popular as a provider of amazing island hopping trips through the gorgeous islands of Guna Yala (formerly known as San Blas). However, we also offer equally stellar trips to explore amazing caves & jungles near Panama's Darien province and a range of customizable beach, surf and island eco tours.
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“I was taken by the Sand Blast Island Tour”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I didn't feel as taken by the islands as I was this tour company. My wife and I are in our 60's and long past all the rum you can drink. We arrived day one on the island where we were to remain for the next night and day. The accommodations were definitely less than luxurious, in fact it was a two man tent. No working shower and a toilet, that you had to walk over to the sea and draw the water in a bucket, to flush. I had more luxury when I attended jungle survival school in the service.
The so called guides for this trip were volunteers (paid lodging and meals) who offered no explanation about the islands. They are recruited from backpacking lodges by postings on the wall. There was a complete lack of organization, There was no plan of what the events were to be from day to day. It was a complete disappointment considering that I paid over $300 per person and as we talked with others they received the same trip for much less. Suggestion to Cacique Cruiser maybe have a greeting upon arrival with some chilled fruit juice, Import some plastic chairs for guest to sit, have a handout of the island history and significance. The breakfasts were pancakes one day and French toast the next. I understand there is not a lot you can do without refrigeration, however, they did have coolers, and "supplies" were brought in every day by boat.
To me the best part was the 3 and half hour bus ride back to panama city. I would not recommend this trip to my enemies let alone friends.

Visited March 2014
5 Thank ticotom9

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Two amazing days at San Blas”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We spent two days and one night on coconut island! It was the perfect mixture of relaxing in paradies, adventure and culture! We felt very welcome, the staff consisting of Sandra and Breno with the two volounteers Mick and Robin was great and amiable! The tents were cosy and everything was organized very well. The food was delicious and the mood was great! Thanks for everything!

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Get a committed itinerary before you sign up”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The San Blas 3 day 2 night trip is a joke run by a bunch of jokers. Find out departure times and add two hours and do the math - this is a one day plus two half days (equals TWO DAYS) plus 2 nights trip. You will wait for hours for the drivers and then make inexplicable stops along the way. When we got to the coast, we waited more. Like over an hour. Then our "guide" Alejandra shows up totally wasted, she had been ramming it up all day. We go out on a boat to the island which was beautiful. But the ridiculous unprofessionalism and shipshod and ramshackle nature of the whole outfit is jaw dropping.

They have a city of 30 or so permanently pitched tents on a small island. You sleep on an air mattress. The staff are unconcerned with any semblance of a schedule. They seem to think if they feed you enough anejo rum you will be happy. They have THREE "volunteers" on the island who do all the work for free while the staff, Breno and Sandar sit around drinking all day. There is hardly any concern for the comfortt or entertainment of the clients. No organization whatever.

We were told we would visit 5 islands. Whatever. Other than tent island and the place a stone throw away where they take you for dinner at night, we visited ONE other island called Perro Chico which was nice. But the rest of the trio, the majority of the time we were there, we were leftto sit around tent island bored and stranded. There was no excuse for it.

On departure, they "miscounted" (probably drunk on rum) the number of us so there weren't enough cars to get us all back to Pamama City so we waited around another hour or so.

If you get stuck in the back three seats of the Pathfinder like my wife and I did, you are in for a miserable three hours back to PC.

Wanna go to the bathroom? They tell you to go poop in the ocean. Which is by the way where they ask you to wash off your dishes. I'm serious!

BOTTOM LINE IS THESE JOKERS think they can take your $280, call two days three, call two islands five, call 2pm 12 pm, then run around drunk while the volunteers do the work and you sit bored and stranded on a small island covered in tents, waiting and praying for time to go home. What a waste of a beautiful area. Totally unprofessional, unbelievably rinkydink.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Scott A
Castle Rock, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“San Blas Island Tour on Safari Catamaran”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We booked a 4 night sailing trip that included transportation to and from our Panama City hotel, starting on February 15th, on Safari Catamaran. The owners of Safari Craig and Nix, were our personal chef, captain and tour guides, their attention to detail and kind welcoming demeanor far exceeded our expectations. We woke up to the smell of fresh bread baking, all the meals were skillfully prepared and gourmet using ingredients that were purchased locally from the Kuna boats, we had lobster 2 nights, tuna that we caught trolling, roast chicken and chocolate mousse, but our favorite was the passion fruit cocktails!
The islands are spectacular, everyday we snorkeled in crystal clear water. We saw beautiful coral and tropical fish, we spotted a very large sting ray. We enjoyed an on shore dinner prepared by the Kuna, we saw pools of glowing sea life in the dark as we took the dingy back to the sailboat.
This experience was the highlight of our 2 week trip in Panama, Dicky's crew did a good job organizing their part with the exception of us being overloaded in the 4x4 on the way back to our hotel. Thank you everyone, we still miss going ashore for a sundowner!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank COJewles
Panama City, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour to San Blas”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I went to San Blas last weekend for my birthday and couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate it. I went on the two day island hopping tour and it was a wonderful experience. Dickey did a great job organizing everything. The food was delicious. We started the tour learning a but if the island's history. After we headed to the island we were staying and that's when the party started. We visited another island and bar later that night which was really fun. The next day we enjoyed snorkeling other island ing with our kuna guide who showed us they best places to snorkel. San Blas is beautiful but what really made it a great experience is dickey and his team handling everything. It was well organized and they throw a great party. I highly recommend this tour to any one going to San Blas.

Visited February 2014