“Jungle Advantures”
Review of Jungle Adventures by Kalu Yala - CLOSED

Jungle Adventures by Kalu Yala
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Kalu Yala valley is focused on sustainable practices, quality services and adventures, and providing an authentic experience with unforgettable memories while also maintaining an intimate and personalized tour. Tours are limited to 8 guests to maintain our high guest service standards- reserve your spot as soon as your travel plans are set!Your personal guide will meet you in the city and take your group via private transportation to the village of San Miguel where we have a Kalu Yala house to re-organize at and drop off unneeded items.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Was a Blast, Hiking through the jungle and swimming in the river. even had some Howler Monkeys come visit the swimming hole.

3  Thank Kealen
Jocelyn K, Owner at Jungle Adventures by Kalu Yala, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your review and rating, Kealen! It was a wonderful treat to have you and your parents out to Kalu Yala for a VERY interactive tour through the jungle. You all were up for seeing, doing and tasting anything out there! Stay warm in Canada :)

Jocelyn

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I so enjoyed my experience with Jungle Adventure. I was there when local kids from San Miguel were spending a few hours there too so it was an amazing experience. But even without the kids, there's so many cool things to do close-by, such as swimming in the river, hiking and putting clay all over you :) PS: I had the best raw vegan meals ever! Traveling as a vegan is not easy so I got really surprised. Thank you so much :)

5  Thank Crazysexyfuntraveler
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I went out on the day tour and had an awesome experience. Jocelyn was my tour guide and she did a great job of accommodating our desires. There were so many things for us to pick from, but a few we did included a jungle hike, swimming in a gorgeous river, catching frogs by the creek, and eating amazing food from the garden. The word paradise very easily describes Kalu Yala and the people there made the experience all the better. Although the place is completely off the grid it is still extremely comfortable and I would say enjoyable for any skill level.

4  Thank evo_rod
Jocelyn K, Owner at Jungle Adventures by Kalu Yala, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review! I do try to accommodate my guests' desires, especially with different levels of ability in the activities- I appreciate your feedback!
You will have to return in another year to see what the farm has become!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is definitely a must-do in Panama. If you enjoy getting away from the city and seeing the natural beauty of Panama you have to do this tour. The guide is a very young, fun, nice person, and will go way out of her way to make you happy. There are very few other tours, if any, that will bring you this close to nature while still providing the amenities you need to stay dry and comfortable. The secluded setting of Kalu Yala provides many options for every type of person, whether you want to get down and dirty or just chill out on the river beach. I for one will definitely be returning!

3  Thank Aaron P
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 January 2014

You know all those places that you weren't planning on heading to when you travelled, but then you decided to just go and it turned out to be the most incredible and memorable part of your trip? This is that part of the trip for any vacation to Panama. Get back outside in a setting you just won't find on any other tour in the country - I found myself hiking trails around the valley, swimming in the river, eating food picked straight off the farm, hanging out with local campesinos and their machetes, spotting wildlife I'd never seen before - all while being lead around by a knowledgeable, fun, fantastic guide! Also, there are somehow flushing toilets out there in the jungle?! Can't speak of the experience highly enough - I'd love to come back for more :)

4  Thank Kelly H